Standard Star Wars Minifigure guns VS Stud Shooters

I’ve always preferred the molded minifig guns, because they add a bit more realism to the minifigures that have them (i.e. Stormtroopers, Clones, etc.); I’m not particularly a fan of how big the stud shooters look in the hands of a minifig (although I guess there’s no way around that with the function).

2 Likes

The former is for people who like to play.

The latter is for serious people.

Both have their merits.

8 Likes

stupid shooters*

1 Like

Stud shooters are useful for anything other than being held by a minifigure. I miss the old blaster style, especially the sniper variant of it.

1 Like

Second one looks better, but I appreciate having the stud shooter for rocket launchers or stuff like that.

1 Like

Like sand?

4 Likes

5 Likes

I prefer the latter aswell. The stud shooters look just ugly and also the studs get lost all the time… like REALLY all the time.

Also I don’t like it that LEGO now puts functions for everything in their sets. I used to, and still do, play with legos and use my imagination my creativity rather than to rely on some stupid functions. It really is strange… the more functions a set has the less I play with it or better the faster I loose the interest in it. It starts to bore me really fast.

3 Likes

I hate the stud shooter. It’s so easy to lose BOTH parts of it.

2 Likes

I reckon stud shooters are okay, just not the best in every situation…

3 Likes

The blaster piece is based off of the blasters used by Rebel troopers.

4 Likes

Quite possibly. The standard LEGO blaster piece really only works as a decent proxy for the rebel DH-17 (and maybe the Stormtrooper E-11).

It really does’t work in the Clone Wars era for anything besides a generic bounty hunter blaster. Here’s a Republic DC-15 and a separatist E-5.

3 Likes

It begs the question as to why Lego won’t just give us accurate blasters, I mean, it’s not like they have their taboo on accurate weapons anymore.

2 Likes

Actually they still do. it seems hypocritical now but every time I ask a Lego employee they tell me they still got it.

The real problem I suspect is that they don’t want to create 10 molds for guns with trivial differences as far as appearance is concerned.

7 Likes

Which is understandable when most kids (their target audience) don’t care about details.

4 Likes

I prefer the actual blasters. The stud shooters are only good for bazookas, turrets, and vehicles.

4 Likes

@Xevins fair enough, although none of the differences are trivial - for example, would it be so hard to give us simply an E-11, a DC-15, a DC-15A, and say maybe an E-5 or a DL-44?

Of course, their hypocritical taboo on weapons does stop this of course. Because the current blaster pieces look nothing like guns :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, it would be hard. Each of those unique moulds would have very limited usability and would most likely not be in-System.

4 Likes

Again I say: go to CAC. They have pretty good weapons.
Besides, the Stud Shooters work fine for rocket launchers.

2 Likes