Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker Topic

Really? Let’s be honest. This movies were great. TFA was great, and (controversially) TLJ was good. Episode IX will be a success, no matter how angry the fans will get. I can already feel that.[quote=“Khalsa721, post:25, topic:48011”]
Not to mention employees attacking people over social media. Fans are done with Star Wars.
[/quote]

Excuse me… where is this happening?

2 Likes

That’s not going to happen. The two films we’ve gotten so far have been too commercially and critically successful to wipe the slate clean, even if a few (or many) people cry about it on the internet.

Rian Johnson has been somewhat vocal against his critics, and author Chuck Wendig was fired off an unannounced novel and since cancelled comic series over his Twitter behavior. Some of it was politically driven.

I think ticket sales to Star Wars Celebration and the most likely positive box office results for IX would like to say otherwise. That’s a bit hyperbolic.

2 Likes

See what I mean? Those critics are not crazy giving such high scores. They know better than me or you what makes a good movie, and while I don’t agree with the critics all the time either, for the most part, this is their job, their profession.

But at the end of the day, the opinion that matters the most to you is your own.

3 Likes

Sure, even though the trilogy has been in development since 2014.

You forget Kylo’s entire character arc, and who the First Order and the Resistance are to begin with.

What else did he do then? Those were some of his few actual moments. The only other thing he did was try to seduce Rey.

I’m glad hes gone too, but without any backstory or explanation? That was a bad move.

Yes, it is hailed as the beginning of Star Wars’ downwards spiral, although I’d argue it began with Forces of Destiny.

1 Like

Stars wars has been struggling with maintaining quality since episode 6, reaching it’s lowest at 1. Though the quality of the movies has risen significantly bsince then.

Which part of my argument are you referring to? Regardless wasn’t it confirmed that there wasn’t an overarching plan.

Took over the first order, and his interactions with Rey.

I’m indifferent, I know they’ll eventually explain it, hopefully without an exposition dump like explaining it in tlj probably would have been.

Wasn’t I originally praising his arc;

2 Likes

Sorry no quotes on mobile. It reads as a response to your reply from top to bottom. Plus, this sjouldnt matter. J. J. said hes retconing most of TLJ anyway.

2 Likes

I’m doing it right now

Where?

1 Like

We must have different phones.

J. J. said this in several interviews, he wants to ignore as much of the movie as possible, EX. no returning characters, and referencing the movie as little as possible. Also Luke isn’t dead for good.

1 Like

Which ones

1 Like

Phasma is dead for good, Holdo is dead for good, DJ is gone, and Rose is on thin ice.

1 Like

I meant for interviews. As for phasma and holdo, that’s not retconning, that’s holding to continuity

1 Like

Eh, they could have come back, characters have done it before. Also, I cant link any interviews at the moment, to busy, but I’m sure your find one if you looked it up.

1 Like

WHERE’S THE DISLIKE BUTTON?

Debatable. She seems to survive worse than falling down a pit of fire. Seeing how a powerful swing from a Z-6 riot control baton (sorry) did little more than poke a whole through her armor (didn’t even touch her eye), I think we could see here back with a burned face and scarred ego in the future. I mean, there was a deleted scene where she came back anyways.

I don’t know how JJ said this, but it sounds to me more along the lines of “Don’t expect Ahsoka, Ezra, Holdo, Tallie, Ackbar (sniffle)…,” but seeing as how Lando is in it, that won’t be true.

And would Phasma technically be returning if she wasn’t dead in the first place…? :thinking:

And DJ not returning would be worse than nearly any move made in TLJ, excluding the fate of everyone’s favorite Mon Calamari admiral (unless you liked Raddus).

2 Likes

Phasma fell into a buring ship that exploded after, she’s dead.

2 Likes

escape pods? That nobody saw and weren’t filmed? Or were forgotten about then re-added in for plot convenience?

1 Like

The ship never exploded. Kylo and Hux were on it long after her “demise.”

We never did see her, Kylo, or Hux escape Starkiller in XII, and they had less time to leave.

2 Likes

Exactly my point.
If a whiny ginger can escape, so can a high-and-mighty glorified stormtrooper.
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Where she plummeted exploded if I remember correctly

3 Likes

Thats what I thought.

1 Like