Star Wars: Stranded on Zoma V - Sign Ups (OPEN)/OOC Chat

Why did it take so long for that joke to be made? I gave so many opportunities.

3 Likes

I edited the latest GM post, hopefully it makes more sense now.

2 Likes

so, its been another two weeks of nothingā€¦
shall we continue?

1 Like

Iā€™m all for continuing, I just need more replies to the GM post before I respond.

2 Likes

Keplers has been unfortunately busy with work and uncertain when heā€™ll be able to respond. But I am unable to speak for the others who have yet to respond.

1 Like

Oh wait this still exists.
Shall we continue or let it die? I personally would like to keep going and get out of the wreck fully, but I donā€™t know what you all think

1 Like

If other folks would like to, Iā€™d be definitely be down, though Itā€™d have to wait till like mid August.

4 Likes

Well @GoodGuy2006 @Winger and @N01InParticular were the main ones we were waiting on replying.

Keplers has decided to leave this RP. His schedule is still busy, but I had been informed elsewhere that he no longer had interest. If the continued lack of response wasnā€™t an indicator.

2 Likes

whoops

@GoodGuy2006 @Ghid @Winger @N01InParticular @ajtazt @TheCobaltCorsair @wild_toa, I know folks probably arenā€™t interested in continuing this (which if so, is all good), but I just wanted to double check if there was interest in bringing this back. If not, thereā€™s a couple plot details that I had planned that Iā€™d like to share if anyone is interested.

7 Likes

Id totally be down, im in a low point in terms of RPs and just finished semester exams so Ive got time

2 Likes

I am good with either outcome.

3 Likes

Wingerā€™s had an extended absence from the site almost mirroring my leaving to get him milk and cigarettes, so I doubt heā€™d be able to participate at this point. However with there only being one active rp on ttv of which I have long since lost all interest in, I would very much like any option.

6 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™d probably be interested in picking this back up.

4 Likes

i mean iā€™d probably be good to come back
no winger tho :cry:

2 Likes

Iā€™d be interested in joining, if it returns.

1 Like

Awesome, well it looks like weā€™ll be getting things started back up after all. Iā€™ll try to get a new post up soon.

Feel free to make a character. As for whatā€™s happened in the plot so far, basically the ship has crashed, and the survivors are regrouping at the crash site while fending off some vulture droids.

4 Likes

stuffā€™s ā€¦ really going on for me and I realistically wouldnā€™t be able to participate. Sorry folks.

10 Likes

CT number: CT7472

Nickname: Scalpel

Scalpel got his name from his medic designation, and his skills in close combat. He often prefers fighting with his electro-dagger, a field knife that has an electrically charged blade for disabling mechanical targets. He is also skilled in field surgery, and has a reasonable recovery rate among his patients.

Appearance: Swamp camouflage armor with dark navy markings, and a gunnerā€™s metal chestplate. He carries a bag of medical supplies, mostly bacta patches and some various disinfectant and steroid injections.

Skills: As stated above, Scalpel is a medic, though it hasnā€™t prevented him from learning to fight in close combat. His preferred weapons are knives of various types due to their similarities to his medical equipment, though he is also capable of using blasters and projectile weapons, to a lesser degree. He can perform field surgery, and has an infrared scanner in his helmet for limited night vision. He also has some knowledge of radio transmitters, though he usually doesnā€™t use them (due to having other jobs during combat).

Equipment:
Electro-dagger
Medical supplies
Light blaster pistol
Five ammo clips for pistol
A hologram transmitter (small handheld model with limited range)
One dayā€™s field rations
A copy of Legends of the Mandalorians in the hologram transmitterā€™s memory systems.

Personality:
Scalpel is slightly introverted, and very focused, often excessively so when confronted with a challenging task. He is often annoyed when others play loose with facts and figures, preferring to be as precise as possible when the information is available. He has a disconcerting habit of humming music to himself that frequently annoys others, though he sometimes is unaware of what heā€™s doing at the time. He has a great knowledge of medical terminology, and sometimes uses it in great detail, much to the disgust of anyone who prefers not to know the name of a damaged organ.

Backstory:
After the Battle of Geonosis, there were many clones produced for the Grand Army of the Republic. One of these was Scalpel. He served in several minor battles, though he never received any awards or recognition. Mainly because of his skills as a surgeon, his squads had a noticeably higher survival rate than most others, as the skills (or lack thereof) of his squad mates was well matched by that of their medic. He briefly served as a tank gunner in his last battle, though that lasted only for a few days as he severely damaged his vehicle, accidentally destroying several empty tanks during deployment. For this he was almost court-martialed, and was only acquitted when it was found that he was not qualified to be operating any vehicles. Afterwards, he was reassigned to Midnight Company as a medic, where he hopes to continue doing his duty to protect life.

1 Like

Actually, Star Wars isnā€™t big on books in-universe. Usually, itā€™s just a datacard and datapad. Only a few species use physical books with any regularity, if I recall correctly (the Chiss in Legends come to mind).

1 Like

Ok, I shall fix that.