Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) Discussion Topic

Really? That’s very interesting. I hadn’t heard that.

1 Like

I actually agree with this. The whole Fives story arc got me very interested in clones. Most of the time I found them boring, but this arc along with the one with that one Dark Jedi trying to kill them all definitely were very well written and made me feel for these guys.

8 Likes

Seriously?! Nothing from any of the previous five seasons didn’t get you interested? “Rookies”, “Innocents of Ryloth”, “The Deserter”, the Umbara Arc? None of it? To each his own (ha) I suppose.

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve watched. I didn’t find Rookies very good, but the Umbara arc was great. Innocents of Ryloth sounds familiar. I need to refresh my memory.

Innocents of Ryloth featured a TX Tactical Droid using Twi’leks as living shields to protect the Separatist anti-air cannons from attack. During the episode, two clones from Cody’s 212th Battalion, Waxer and Boil, stumble upon a little Twi’lek girl who helps them out. Waxer was the clone in charge of the 212th squad that engaged with Rex’s 501st detachment that got killed in the Umbara arc

3 Likes

Hmm, don’t believe I watched that one then.

I need to re-watch the series to recap.

1 Like

Star Wars Minute just did an awesome recap of the Ahsoka panel from Celebration Europe.

Most interestingly, it was revealed that the final arc of the series would lead into ROTS (which we’ve known for a while) but, contrary to what I suspected, it wouldn’t have involved the battle of Coruscant. Instead, it would have focused on Ahsoka joining up with Bo-Katan and the 501st to drive Darth Maul off of Mandalore for good. So, what do you guys think of this?

9 Likes

I really wished we could’ve gotten to see this. I’m a HUGE fan of the Mandalorian people, so anything Clone Wars did with it I was super excited about. A series finale that featured Rex (my favorite CW created character), Ahsoka (my second favorite CW created character), and Mandalorians is something I can only dream about. Plus more Darth Maul. You can’t go wrong with more Darth Maul.

I know that Filoni and co are busy with Rebels, and we’ll get a lot more of Ahsoka in her new book, but I would love this final arc to get the “Son of Dathomir” or “Dark Disciple” treatment so we can finally see what would’ve happened.

3 Likes

I think those would’ve been my favorite episodes, if done correctly.

1 Like

URGENT NEWS!!

I guess LEGO isn’t done with Clone Wars sets. :smiley:

LEGO 75168 Yoda's Jedi Starfighter | Brickset

I don’t recall it appearing anywhere else but in Season 6, so this could be awesome.

8 Likes

If this is true, that’s awesome. This’ll make a great $20-30 set.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think it was only in season 6. If they continue this trend, what other S6 sets do you think there will be?

1 Like

I would really like a battle pack with those Dr. Doom inspired Clones.

2 Likes

From which episode? Please clarify

The first episode. The 501st and the Doom squad were on that asteroid base where Tup killed Master Tiplar. They were the green clones and in BTS stuff Dave Filoni said that they were inspired by Dr. Doom.

1 Like

And the lead clone was named Commander Doom.

3 Likes

Yeah, and he had a mask thing that emulated Doom’s.

1 Like

Yas

I have been both waiting and wondering if more CW material would be released

1 Like

Yeah, we need more CW stuff. I’ve been waiting for Arrow and Flash sets forever.

But really though, we do need more Clone Wars stuff.

2 Likes