Star Wars Topic

I’m sure Kreia would point out that contentment is the same as apathy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nope. If you think anything in the Obi-Wan show is “truly outrageous,” then you clearly haven’t watched the Holiday Special. Nothing fazes me after what I’ve seen in that. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I saw a clip on youtube where Darth Vader pulled a ship out of the sky as it was taking off, Force Unleashed style. Darth Vader cannot canonically pull ships out of the sky! If he is that strong, then why didn’t he do that to the Millennium Falcon on Hoth in TESB? In fact, why wasn’t he pulling snowspeeders out of the air during the battle? Oh right, because it would’ve ruined the part in TESB when Yoda lifts Luke’s X-Wing out of the swamp. Sorry Yoda, your powers are not that impressive anymore thanks to Disney…

No the proper way to handle the scene would be for Vader to choke the pilot to death to prevent the ship from taking off. Easy fix, follows OT logic and you can still have Obi-Wan escape on another ship.

5 Likes

then why would Leia know who Ben Kenobi is if she had never meet Obi-Wan Kenobi?:

1 Like

I know you’re joking, but I think Kenobi is way more outrageous. The Holiday Special was made in an early stage of SW with producers who thought hiring variety show writers was a good idea, meanwhile Lucas busied himself with other things.

Disney has 40 years of Star Wars to work from and way more resources, but they only do the bare minimum to make a presentable show.

Organa. Leia says her father knew Kenobi during the Clone Wars, and thus asks for help again. Nothing about what she says implies that she ever personally met Kenobi. If she did, wouldn’t she mention how he saved her from being kidnapped by Inquisitors instead?

1 Like

The same way she knows who Obi-Wan Kenobi is.

1 Like

one dialog is addressed to Obi-Wan Kenobi. but she reacted to “I’m with Ben Kenobi” like she already know who that is, instead of saying something like: “Ben Kenobi? What about Obi-Wan Kenobi?”

what about the Rogue One scene were he single handedly slaughters through a bunch of people with ease?

2 Likes

“I break your solitude at the bidding of my father…”

She knows he’s in hiding. So it makes sense she would know he’s using the name Ben.

4 Likes

Though this is never stated, it really isn’t that unlikely for Organa to have told Leia Kenobi’s cover name to make sure they could make contact. But you aren’t addressing the larger point. Why wouldn’t Leia say to Kenobi, “Hey remember when you saved me? Well I need you again.”

This is not the same as holding a ship in place as it tries to fly away.

1 Like

He wanted them to get away.

He wanted them to get away.

He didn’t want them to get away.

5 Likes

I get Vader not really doing everything to catch Luke because he wants to convince to Luke to join him against Sidious, but why does he let rebel snowspeeders go?

That was a joke.

I honestly think they could have done that scene if they showed him really struggling with it, holding out both hands instead of one. Make it clear that it’s something he can do, but it’s gonna take all his effort and focus, hence why he wouldn’t do it all the time.

8 Likes

He could have had the Grand Inquisitor assist him as well.

2 Likes

See this is why power creep tends to be a problem in long running series it keeps bringing things into question.

5 Likes

Power creeps be freaking up your mind
Power creeps be feeding off Disney’s spine

4 Likes

@DarkHenrik

I’m okay with Vader being able to do that to regular people. If he had started pulling the Tantive IV toward him it would have been too much.

@Racie02

Uh no kiddo, Vader did not want them to get away. Stop being a troll.

1 Like

What makes you think Racie is being a troll?

4 Likes

I mean, he kinda did. That’s why they put a tracker on the Millennium Falcon so that they could find the rebel base.

1 Like

That’s A New Hope; in TESB he’s already found the rebel base.

1 Like

oh yeah, you were trolling then

1 Like