State of the Contests Update

I don’t get why all my posts are getting flagged too. In the line of what Waggle said, I’ll be reasonable as long as I’m not being dogpiled, and I think I’ve been more rational than he has.

As mentioned in another thread, the debates make me feel like that painting of Plato and Aristotle, The School of Athens. On the other hand, the debate in this thread is just irritating me. I like discussing the canon, but this isn’t about canon now, and it’s not really a “debate” when the other person doesn’t respond to what you said, but what they wish you said.

10 Likes

I’m curious as to which one you mean. Do you by any chance have links or photos?

Black/Blue Tuyets are a nice change of pace from Blue/Silver variants

3 Likes

I’m curious to know why this post got flagged - it’s not spamming. It (was) a legitimate question.

Post I was replying to got sniped off board - was @Chud asking about how Double wins despite being so disliked, per this thread.

1 Like

Yet most athletes, presidents, and really anything you can think of to be voted on have been disliked, and are still around to run for office or compete. If they were that unliked they would just not win the election

2 Likes

yeah I don’t think a lot of people actually looked at the name of who they voted for

@Synnova32 one second ill find it then edit it into this post

this one it looks really cool idk I feel like it will get a lot of votes

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

2 Likes

This is completely unrelated at this point. I dislike Double, and I did when I voted for his Bomonga. I chose it because it was the best Bomonga.

12 Likes

The correct way of voting.
The contest of these contest should simply be to get some good art.

3 Likes

That isn’t really the best criteria to say someone isn’t disliked though. There are a lot of people in the world, and not everyone is going to share an opinion. Just because someone won, doesn’t mean there isn’t also a significant number who dislike said person, but maybe appreciated something they did anyway.

Edit: if there’s this much discourse and drama about someone, then it’s a matter at least looking at

i mean eljay clearly is not perfect but this seems a bit like hyperbole

edit: lol post i reply to gone

1 Like

Yeah, this one’s great, I just hope it doesn’t lost out because we’re all sick of Metru builds after… all this.

6 Likes

This is actually a pretty solid Tuyet. While I personally disapprove of the Metru Frame being the staple for Toa as a species, this take feels fresh and unique compared to the common Blue/Silver/Neon-Orange Tuyet variants we see.

I agree with some comments about it needing a little more blue though. :blue_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Ah ok, well thats gonna be a good reason to get that account suspended.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m with you. I still want canon appearances for these characters.

7 Likes

I think metru for tuyet is a good idea because they on lhikans team. would love to see more unique builds for the serial toa tho

spamton? that you buddy?

1 Like

YOU BET YOU [Little Sponge]!

3 Likes

Tuyet is not depicted with the Barbed Broadsword outside of the appearance of her counterpart in the Toa Empire alternate universe. Fundamentally and in Greg’s own words, it is designed to maim its victims, a property not commonly found in Toa Tools.
As for the presence of the Nui Stone, I believe that should be left up to the entrants.

7 Likes

I will post this question, since the mods won’t go into it apparently. Who- other than Double- is a toxic detractor to these contests? If you can’t name a single group or person, it can’t be that bad.

Real talk since my actual post talking about issues here has been buried beneath this issue.

If you’re part of the Double Brigade™ then I understand where your frustration is coming from. However, do you really think that stirring ■■■■ up on the boards circularly is going to make your case any stronger?

Double’s been proven to be a toxic person across numerous communities. He’s banned from entering more contests because he won two, he’s a contentious figure, and frankly there’s been so many issues revolving around him and his supporters that not changing the status quo will just result in more drama.

I think the arguments for keeping double around have been conveyed. They’re valid. Meso and Eljay are obviously MIA right now so give them time to actually read what you’re trying to convey. Just because one of the 5 of you is being reasonable doesn’t mean that the other 4 don’t weaken the point being made.

You want to prove Double’s being banned is the wrong move, stop being disruptive, stop the memery. Be the image of maturity that you’re trying to force TTV to be. Simple as that.

29 Likes