State of the Contests Update

yeah, I dunno. I just think it would be better if all entries where given the same attention unlike now where early entries seem to ‘perform’ better.

1 Like

maybe but logistically that would be a mess. and getting feedback before entering is allways nice

Frankly it would be a good idea to prevent winners from entering again in the first place

5 Likes

I for one welcome this new change of pace and openness to aid.

16 Likes

Indeed! Tuyet’s story arcs and actions are downright dark. It’d be utterly fitting for her to seem as edgy as her supposed signature weapon/tool.

4 Likes

What I am trying to say is that if no one can be named, like you all are specifying double, but there’s also “detractors”. If no significant groups can be named they can’t be a huge issue. I don’t get how this is “trite”.

@Kakapo If they had said this from the beginning I would have been fine, but actively rewriting the rules of the contest seems wrong.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

See I am a bit undecided on that. It seem somewhat nice to give lots of people an opportunity to contribute to canon but if someone is good at building and they could make the best canon depiction for multiple characters then idk

5 Likes

They’re not being named because many of them are on here and pointing fingers will just make them mad and invite other people to harass them.

Changing the rules as necessary is not wrong, it allows future contests to benefit from rules that would have helped past ones.

12 Likes

There doesn’t have to be a specific group. Just read through some of the stuff in this topic, or the closed one, or hop on some of the non-TTV discord servers.

6 Likes

Well it would have been a good tool to prevent the contests from becoming a popularity contest but it’s far too late for that. I still think a majority of people are voting for the mocs without considering the person who made them.

Isn’t that a good thing? We should vote based on what mocs we like, not whether we like them as people.

13 Likes

there’s something off to me about saying that any community not affiliated with ttv is automatically “detracting”

Exactly, so there’s no reason to bar Double from participating.

These are mutually exclusive. If voters disregard the entrants when voting, it’s not really about popularity and they’re unlikely to even remember who won.

1 Like

Chud being like “name the detractors” is such a massive parallel to real-life movements being treated as monolithic organizations

Can I speak to the CEO of crime

10 Likes

This is what I was trying to say. If there is REALLY groups actively working against TTV, there’s no reason the groups can’t be named. Not talking about people.

Gonna be honest here non of the entries that won so far has been one of the first ones entered.

From the respective contests entry list topic:
Helryx was nr 35 out of 130
Arthaka was nr 64 out of 115
Bomonga was nr 73 out of 127
Gaaki was nr 55 out of 127
Kualus was nr 126 out of 127
Pouks was nr 50 out of 127

I don’t think when they were entered had any affect on their placements in the contests

10 Likes

I mean, based on the OP, it makes it seem like there are groups that are working against the contest.

While that wouldn’t be bad, I’m also not really sure if it would fix the problems that are being had right now. As other people have pointed out above, the past contests have shown that voters definitely aren’t letting personal feelings towards an entrant affect their vote.

Plus, how would that even work? Even if the entrant’s name isn’t included in the polls, voters would still be able to see which account posted the entry. (Unless entrants just send their entries to the mods via PM, but then the rest of the community couldn’t give any pre-contest feedback).

Maybe not?

(For the record, I want to see the contests continue)

Nothing is being withheld; the Discord groups are open to anyone (as far as I know? I’m not actually on any of them).

Are you saying that the contests are a popularity contest, or are you saying that no one checks the creators when voting? Those seem to be contradictory.

I was under the impression that Double’s ban was for contest-specific behaviour, not just general bad behaviour elsewhere.

8 Likes

I mean there were spontaneously organized efforts on Reddit, Discord, and 4chan. They didn’t exactly go by codenames or write operations orders for their vote-swinging

10 Likes