State of the Contests Update

the fact that right now we have to post a topic and link it to enter It would probably be a mess of coding to make it work out unless we are all meant to individually email eljay. and also for it to be truly anonymous we would have to not show our entries to others as a way to get feedback prior to entering

I personally just always headcanon alternate/different masks as being ones that they have access to in their Suvas. Since all Toa/Turaga can create a Suva, there is no reason that any given Toa would not be able to swap masks at a moments notice when desired.
Long story short; live your preferred mask dreams! You can always interpret your mask as one of the Toa’s alternates for use in particular circumstances!

4 Likes

I mean, hey. Lhikan dual-wields greatswords and Nidhiki’s weapon is a two-handed scythe, it would fit for Tuyet’s blade to be similarly massive.

4 Likes

Unfortunately multiple points have not been addressed, namely the off-topic discussion which is taking place as well as specifying just who these toxic detractor groups are, since no one can seem to give examples

1 Like

are

you really gonna use that as your counterpoint

2 Likes

He’s right, you know

The sword is more deadly on the basis that stabbing someone with it and drawing it out will hurt a lot more. EDIT: The barbs need to be pointing straight out or down towards the wielder.

3 Likes

you know greg really had no supervision from lego with how he wrote tuyet that somehow this is what we are discussing

2 Likes

yeah, I dunno. I just think it would be better if all entries where given the same attention unlike now where early entries seem to ‘perform’ better.

1 Like

maybe but logistically that would be a mess. and getting feedback before entering is allways nice

Frankly it would be a good idea to prevent winners from entering again in the first place

5 Likes

I for one welcome this new change of pace and openness to aid.

16 Likes

Indeed! Tuyet’s story arcs and actions are downright dark. It’d be utterly fitting for her to seem as edgy as her supposed signature weapon/tool.

4 Likes

What I am trying to say is that if no one can be named, like you all are specifying double, but there’s also “detractors”. If no significant groups can be named they can’t be a huge issue. I don’t get how this is “trite”.

@Kakapo If they had said this from the beginning I would have been fine, but actively rewriting the rules of the contest seems wrong.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

See I am a bit undecided on that. It seem somewhat nice to give lots of people an opportunity to contribute to canon but if someone is good at building and they could make the best canon depiction for multiple characters then idk

5 Likes

They’re not being named because many of them are on here and pointing fingers will just make them mad and invite other people to harass them.

Changing the rules as necessary is not wrong, it allows future contests to benefit from rules that would have helped past ones.

12 Likes

There doesn’t have to be a specific group. Just read through some of the stuff in this topic, or the closed one, or hop on some of the non-TTV discord servers.

6 Likes

Well it would have been a good tool to prevent the contests from becoming a popularity contest but it’s far too late for that. I still think a majority of people are voting for the mocs without considering the person who made them.

Isn’t that a good thing? We should vote based on what mocs we like, not whether we like them as people.

13 Likes

there’s something off to me about saying that any community not affiliated with ttv is automatically “detracting”

Exactly, so there’s no reason to bar Double from participating.