State of the Contests Update

my nidiki if we get to nidiki will be silver and green lhikan like how my tuyet is lime and blue lhikan. Maybe if tuyet turns out very off from standard metru build I will experiment with nidiki tho if the team parity is already messed up lol

1 Like

Sorry, silver Nidhikis will be against the rules

2 Likes

And it shouldn’t be expected to.

I’ve never really understood the “skip the Hagah because they’re boring” argument. I agree that the rules were more restrictive, which some people might interpret as being less fun, but fun was never really the point of these contests; the point is to get canon appearances of important characters with unknown appearances. Debating whether or not to skip “boring” characters is more or less just a reskin of the “canon vs. creativity” argument.

As popular as I’m sure this will be, I’m kind of hoping that it doesn’t happen. Partially for the scarcity reasons, and partially because I want the Golden-Skinned Being to be distinct from the Piraka (and Irnakk, now that I think about it).

Personally, I’m hoping that people will really lean into the reptilian aspect of his description.

6 Likes

For Nidhiki, I’d either make it a metru build or have a custom torso metru build sized.

1 Like

not the mask but can’t his armor be silver?

I mean, me too, but boy would it look darn good on a GSB.

1 Like

Just as a reminder, rulesets and other discussion about future contests is off-topic, and continued rampant off-topic discussion will result in warnings.

17 Likes

can you re open the other contest discussion topic then? I think things are calm enough to by now

1 Like

I second this

1 Like

When we’re ready to do so, we will. It won’t happen until the polls are up.

10 Likes

Alright, thanks for the ETA.

cue people asking when that will be

2 Likes

Appears to be a week from now, or a week from when correction requests go out if they haven’t yet

2 Likes

I for one am not in a massive rush tbh. As long as they done right we good

2 Likes

yeah same here
I’m good as long as we get them

1 Like

Well, this is a thing that happened, I guess…

I usually have a tendency to go on for a while, but if the last year-and-a-half has taught me anything, it’s that sometimes, less really is more, so I’ll just say a few things:

Firstly, to @Eljay and @Mesonak, it’s clear that you guys have been through the ringer on this one. I’ll never be able to have a full understanding of everything that’s gone on, because I’ve only been popping in here and there lately, but toxic behavior is what it is, and it is unacceptable. I’ve had my issues with these contests (to the point where both of you, IIRC, had to encourage me not to lose faith in them once or twice), but no amount of issues is worth behaving in a toxic manner, and you shouldn’t have to endure harassment and mistreatment from anyone over something so silly and casual as canon contests for a half-dead toyline that is now twenty years old. I hope you’re both doing better, and that your new policies will make the future contests less contentious.

Secondly, to everyone who is reading and participating on these boards, just take away this lesson: it’s not worth it. No amount of “correctness” or canon-accuracy is worth getting into petty and abusive arguments on the Internet. I’m not saying we can’t still be passionate about BIONICLE, or that we shouldn’t care to make these contests professional and high-quality, but there are so many more things deserving of the energy we have placed in these contests, and taking the negative energy that may arise from them and channeling it into another, more positive direction is infinitely better than letting it loose and hurting people…even people whose names you will never know, and whose faces you will never see.

Hopefully, this will all blow over soon, and everyone will learn from it. I’ll probably be taking more of a backseat from now on, for many reasons, but we’ll see, and I’ll still check in to vote, and see how the chips fall.

8 Likes

lmao, no
have you seen the other sets, this was like Attack of the Clones

there was plenty of variation. maybe a bit less so in the gaaki entries but still. regardless the point of the contest was for them to have just as much variation as norik and iruni did not a ton more lol

2 Likes

That’s a bad thing how, exactly?

5 Likes

Yeah, that was kinda, um

the intention

4 Likes