State of the Contests Update

yes it does not HAVE to be but it would be nice to have them look coherent next to each other

3 Likes

This is true as well. Users who are banned on TTV for totally unrelated incidents, yet are still active in the community, are barred from the contest. Whoever’s head that makes sense in is beyond me.

2 Likes

I think having the Mangai be Metru-Adjacent would be a wise decision. Not necessarily Metru Builds, but something that roughly resembles them.

5 Likes

So I expected literal thousands of messages. Did they get purged? Meanwhile I wonder if Eljay and Meso were serious about letting people curate the future contests.

There have been several purges, yes

Air Saber.

You look at this thing and tell me it wouldn’t do just as much damage as Tuyet’s sword, and it’s wielded by Lewa.

9 Likes

I have been part of a few of said purges because of funny jokes.

I think they meant more have people tell them what they noticed and give them little cliffnotes so it is easier for them to decide if it should be allowed or not

2 Likes

I’m glad mods eventually came around to deal with this.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, Air sabers make a good Barbed Broadsword.

I do feel the best way to handle the contests moving forward is to have them on a Google sheets form for voting. That was its accessible, and less of a headache for management.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

Ngl, this foreshadowing of her betrayal and reflection of her morals makes it even more appropriate for her to have it, if you think about it. With or without the sword though, I suppose she could still look terrifyingly beautiful as portrayed. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

about right from what eljay said State of the Contests Update - #49 by Eljay

If the contests are to continue, I think they need to be set on an indefinite backburner. Maybe go through with the Tuyet contest and stop altogether as people are already working on Tuyet. I feel that that’s the best choice.

Also no one has managed to respond to my post where I asked what community groups are toxic detractors without specifically naming double.

Nothing Technic can’t solve lol.

I mean people are already working on lariska and marendar and chiara and orde too lol

3 Likes

It’s a good substitute, yeah.

I personally like Perp’s take on it most.

15 Likes

Yes but they’re not part of the “current” contest. I think maybe cancelling half would be a good compromise if it were to happen.

Claymores are still broadswords

I feel like I just committed a crime having not ever seen Perp’s take on my second favorite Bionicle character of all time omg this take looks astonishing!

edit: i said “Specter’s take” lol sorry am blind

3 Likes

I used to be anti-contest, fairly anti-TTV, and firmly of the opinion that Eljay and Mesonak can’t run this contest properly if their lives depended on it.

The absolute crapshoot that has been this thread has convinced me that the contests need to continue to the day I die and that all of the “detractors” need to be banned.

Seriously, for goodness’ sake. Your response to “we’re banning toxic people and cracking down on dissent” and “Double is barred from the contest because of repeated poor sportsmanship” is to embody and exaggerate the very traits that led to the decision? Good job proving their point, idiots.

24 Likes

That’s actually Perp’s

1 Like