Stuubh's Lariska; The Dark Hunter Who Glinched (Fanon Contest 3)

Hello again,

This is my Lariska Entry for Duckbrick’s third Fanon Contest, featuring our very first Galidor part for Stud.io!

With this MOC I aimed to represent both Lariska’s athleticism and vivacious personality. She follows the Slizer meta, yet with a simple mod; she can wear Kanohi! sorta. Lariska chose not to wear kanohi because she’d look silly, so perhaps this underbite is fitting.

TSO’s stunt with Lariska’s arm was a retribution for her antics, which gave me the idea to represent her prosthetic with a Galidor part. The reputation of the line and the static clunkiness of the part surely makes for a fitting punishment.

Lariska

Here she is with Nidhiki for scale. She is Toa sized.

And here she is with another certain other cast of characters…

And another…

She is purist and can be built IRL! I just don’t have all the parts yet! This topic will likely be updated soon when I have all the missing pieces.

Orthogonal Views

Stud.io Links

The Studio file can be found here.

A small parts pack with a few of her oddball elements can be found here.

• Part x300c01 was modelled by the talented @Rothanak. It should be used in unison with part 41680 in Studio.
  • The decaled visor was made by me. It can be recreated IRL with this sticker sheet from Ninjago, and was inspired by @Minirigby’s Lariska.

Also be sure to use the latest Biopack and Sidopack when handling this MOC. I use pieces from both.

Cheers, and good luck. May the best MOC win!

34 Likes

I loved the part in Federation of fear when Lariska Glinched all over those anti-Galidor plebs.

Love the torso design and tight part count. The orange blade is a little bit jarring, I guess because when we think poison, we think green, but I digress.

11 Likes

Is that a Galidor part???

Uh the moc looks good. A fair bit more mechanical than other Lariskas I’ve seen on the boards but that makes it unique. Nice job and I like that it is purist. :wink:

1 Like

looks really cool!
not huge on the slizer heads tho

1 Like

Nice moc, but I think the most impressive thing is those renders.
They’re incredible! They’ve got to be the most realistic renders I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Excuse me, but what does “glinch” mean?

It’s a Galidor term. I don’t know exactly what it means, but this bit from the Galidor Wiki gives me a pretty good idea:

I think it was related to the fact that you could mix and match the limbs of the sets.

3 Likes

This one is excellent

1 Like

That reminds me of an idea I had for a video game where you would play as Lariska. One of your main abilities would be having weapons and tools that could be installed on your cybernetic arm.

2 Likes

truly the worst punishment

5 Likes

why does that visor look like it’s being controlled by Unagami

Interesting MOC!

a very expensive Bricklink order came…

8 Likes