Stuubh's Toa Tuyet - (Fanon Contest #1)

Toa Tuyet The Traitorous Tyrant

by me!

After a tragic layoff, an unfortunate cancellation and a brief couple months of uncertainty, I’m overjoyed to say the canon contests are finally back - sort of. While canonization is now off the table, as a community we can at least chose which image of Tuyet we would’ve wanted as canon. We can still have this huge show of craftsmanship and creativity. And honestly, that’s good enough for me.

Tuyet is often described as insane and obsessive, yet deceptive and kind. She served with Lhikan for thousands of years before eventually betraying him. She was the most trusted Toa Mangai, yet ultimately the most deceitful. Tuyet is a complex character who took on many roles from a traitor to a zombie to a warlord. This depiction of Tuyet can represent every role she had. Her unsettling lanky limbs are physical manifestations of her unhealthy obsessive tendencies towards the Nui Stone. Her triangular chest and domineering figure make Tuyet realistic as an empress. Yet her rounded shoulders and soft edges give her the appearance of a friend.

And yes, she can also split in half

This build is simple, yet aims to depict Tuyet in a realistic and meaningful way. I encourage you to check out my instructions if you’re curious about the build. I’m also providing the.io file. Feel free to mess around with it if you feel so inclined. Just note it is missing part 63149.

(orthogonal views)

The mask is Galva’s Great Mask of Intangibility. I downloaded and printed it from here, but a 3D print can also be bought here or here.

If you haven’t already, check out all the other fantastic entries to Duckbrick’s Tuyet contest below.

I truly look forward to seeing every other entry! But until then, good luck, and bye for now!

32 Likes

ooh very nice
The moc looks a bit skeletal, but I think that adds to the character in my opinion, as it makes her look very menacing.

3 Likes

That’s a great torso design!

1 Like

Seeing someone use a vahki torso is pretty cool. Seeing someone use a vahki torso a well as you did is even better.

2 Likes

Neat use of the vahki piece in the torso

3 Likes

You know you got my vote!

Love the spindely legs and the vahki Torso being used. The torso build is great. She has look that could be both heroic and villainous.

4 Likes

Ah a new member!
Welcome to the boards!

Yo, nice to see yours included, bro! I love the unique stature you’ve given her, gives your model a lot of character.

1 Like

I like that leg design. Simple, yet effective.

EKnight

1 Like

I like really really like this, the asthetic of the whole build is just perfect for me. I just feel you have captured something in this build that I haven’t really seen yet. It looks just like a build out of the metru era for me. I will definetly be voting for this

1 Like

So far, You’ve got my vote! I love the torso. Unless… I decide to enter at some point

2 Likes

I love that Vahki piece usage for the chest part.

1 Like

Teyut pondering the Nui Stone.

2 Likes

I like the combination of the mask with the nuva shoulders, something about that just looks nice

1 Like

Darn, your right Gavlas mask does look good with the shoulder armors. I was thinking that KhingKs mask matched the details of the torso,

Oh yeah. I forgot a size comparison.

6 Likes

Fits great within the team

Woah any chance you could show hot to make that earth toa?

1 Like

Here’s a breakdown. Pretty simple, nothing groundbreaking.

4 Likes

That head connection is actually really cool. I never would have thought of that.

1 Like