Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Topic

Stop you? Why ever would I do that?

4 Likes

steve getting added is the best part of 2020

1 Like

no Drscorpionx coming back is

1 Like

actually the best part of 2020 is me so idk what y’all are raving about

as for steven universe in smash, I’m not very excited about another major company rep or even minecraft being in smash brothers

I’m way more excited for a midweight slower character who can literally build new terrain into every stage

2 Likes

Marth is gonna be killed by Minecraft Steve.

3 Likes

Good

4 Likes

Ghid confirmed to be the evil book from NexoKnights.

4 Likes

You didn’t know?

2 Likes

I am a man of many secrets

6 Likes

@Ghid do you draw these, or do you just go to google and look up: Creepy images of akakus?

1 Like

yes they’re all mine

back on the topic of the topic: steve can trap characters in the minecart. Could he use this to trigger the pressure plate dynamite trap if the minecart were to roll over it?

2 Likes

I guess so. Also, @ghid can you make a compilation of all those creepy akaku boys?

1 Like

why

2 Likes

I want to see al of them and you don’t get any more information. :zipper_mouth_face:

Big brain moves.

I can tell Steve is gonna be a really fun (though I fear quite janky) fighter.

3 Likes

If Banjo-Kazooie was janky, and Byleth was overpowered, Steve is SS tier

3 Likes

I believe the tnt is kinda like Snake’s mines but anyone can activate them.

Well, after the Sakurai presentation we’ve confirmed a lot in terms of how Steve will work.

Specifically that he is a hopelessly broken stage-specific mess that will undoubtedly forever reshape the meta and that characters with multiple jumps will have a significantly better time dealing with him.

Put Meta Knight back in SS tier

5 Likes

Building could be an issue. The minecart looks like a pretty good projectile, TNT looks like a great ledge trapping move, and the weird walking jab thing looks good.

1 Like

Yea, I think that’s what felt off about him to me. I feel like people are gonna easily find loopholes in his moveset that will make him beyond op.

Although, Nintendo has learned from their mistakes with characters like Meta Knight and Bayonetta. They listen more closely to the complaints and, if it’s bad enough, nerf characters accordingly. Hopefully they’ll find a way to balance Steve.

It might also not be as bad as it seems, too. I remember everyone (or at least a lot of people) thought Ridley was gonna dominate in every competition because of his size, maneuverability and powerful-looking moveset, but then he ended up on the lowest tiers in lots of lists.