Super Toa MOC Contest - Looking for participants

Hey everyone!

My YouTube channel has been mostly inactive for almost a year, but just today, I uploaded a MOC contest opener video. I’ll place a link to the video down below. The contest is a midrange to advanced level MOC contest. The goal is to create a complex, humanoid MOC. The reason it is called the “Super Toa” MOC contest is not because you’re required to create a Toa MOC (in fact, I originally wanted to name it the “Bionicle Knight Contest,” but Super Toa seemed to get the point across better), but rather because you are to create a MOC truly worthy of being called a Super Toa (be it an actual Toa or some other being).

If you want to know prizes before you jump head on into a MOC contest, they’re right here:

Every participant is awarded a Retro Poster of their MOC that I will make in photoshop.
if you don’t know what these look like, here’s a pic of an example poster using one of my own MOCs:

1st through 3rd place get printed on the poster their place in the contest as an added bonus.
1st place also wins a how-to of one of my MOCs along with a request for my channel.

A fuller description of the contest can be found in the video’s description.

Anyway, the point of me posting here is to ask anyone interested in joining this MOC contest to do so. I’ll include a few photos of the example MOC featured in the video right here:

This MOC is what I have set as the standard for the contest

If you believe this is near your skill level, I would encourage you to participate

This is the video:

14 Likes

I might participate.

1 Like

Doe sit have to be G1? And does it have to be a new Moc, and how many entries are permitted?

By G1 I assume your referring to anything before hero factory. The answer to that is I would very much prefer that it be - just so that it is easier for me to judge (I don’t have much experience with the ccbs system so I don’t always know what is complex and what isn’t). I would say it is ok for minor use of CCBS (such as something similar to in the poster of Kronus his CCBS chest armor), but I would ask you to avoid anything more than a few armor pieces here and there.
As for your question about entries, I will only accept one final entry. In other words, if you were to enter one MOC now, but later want to exchange it for another entry before I close the contest, I would allow that. However, I won’t allow a single person to enter more than one MOC into the contest.

I hope that answered your questions. Have fun MOCing

2 Likes

Can it be a Moc already made?

Yes, though I would alter it If I were about to enter an old MOC of mine.

Also: be sure to go to the YouTube video to read through the full description. It includes some important information about entering the contest that will be necessary if you want to receive prizes.

2 Likes

Ok. I’m not sure if I’ll enter. I’m not great with G1…

I’m gonna try!

1 Like

That’s awesome!

First off, what’s the deadline? Then I’ll see if I can enter or not.

Deadline is not set in stone, but I’m thinking I’ll end it around mid to late July. I don’t have a lot of publicity on my YouTube channel, so I have to keep the contest open for a pretty long period of time in order to get a substantial number of participants.

Alright, I should be able to enter!

(Also, I dunno if you should change the rules so that only newly built entries shall be allowed (Just a thought)).

maaaaybe…

idk, I’m not a fast builder

Well, you do have at least a month, probably more, so there’s no need to rush.

they look fancy

If anyone is looking to join, please do. Currently, there is yet to be a single entry into this contest. So if you have built a MOC (within the past few months) or want to build a MOC that is fairly complex, Please join.

Honestly, why not? Even if no one else were to join, you still get a free poster of your MOC made for you.

1 Like

Okay I guess I can post something.
Just give me a day or two.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ve read through the entry guidelines. If you have, just ignore this. However I do need participants to send 6-10 photos of their MOC (in same pose, just close ups of each body part with the same zoom so I can overlap them to keep focus) in addition to their standard entry. Since this isn’t YouTube, I guess photos on the message boards would be fine, but I would prefer higher quality via email.

I think I made something for this, but took it apart. I’m going to try again.

1 Like

I have something I’m working on that I planed on entering, but it’s not done yet…

I’m kinda a slow builder