System Character and Creature Building System

Not a fan of those hinged joints, but an update to this system might lead to some nice pieces. Not sure why they’d use those armor shells though, building it up with tiles and slopes would look better to me.

1 Like

Nor the same price value…

5 Likes

I think the shortcomings of the system could be improved. These sets are made with young kids in mind, so some of these look dumbed down. It’s system so there’s a lot of room for improvement even without new molds. I think maybe this system just needs to be implemented correctly. Imagine sets like 75987 Bastion with a standardized building system and regular releases!

5 Likes

No, of course not. I just asked cause I don’t really understand.

Limited doesn’t mean bad, I don’t feel like.

Like I’m never going to buy anything like this, but if I were in the age range that Ninjago is targeted at, I can see why non articulated legs would be funner to play with.

basically what I’m getting at is that this:

sounds pretty hecka reasonable to me

7 Likes

I think an important element of this “SCCBS” concept that a lot of people are missing is that the primary purpose is to create a better mech building experience for the 6+ age range.

It probably isn’t gonna be the definitive standard for all system mechs/constraction going forward or anything like that.

Either way, it’s more official experimentation with mixel joint builds, and that’s always a good thing in my book.

10 Likes

Well, yeah. but we are lego fans, and when something we don’t like comes out, we’ll scream about it.

4 Likes

I’ll probably buy the Zane mech anyway

2 Likes

After the reveal of the ironman set and the announcement of this I wouldn’t be surprised about anything anymore. The end goal is, as I see it, to replace ccbs with system alternatives.

8 Likes

It’s got potential. excited to hear what kinda sets we see in a few years times

but also like, soon my classes will be done and we will see how much 3d modeling I do involving mixel joint compatible parts. something something life is good but it can be better <3

what was the price point on that anyways? cos if its $10 like the marvel mech’s I will consider it

3 Likes

Yeah it’s $10

2 Likes

nice. so yeah I will think about it but the lack of bendy knees really do be a bit of an oof lol

2 Likes

While I can understand those, who sees the pre-bend joints as a big downgrade from og. CCBS, I’m still willing to be cautiously optimistic about this new system.

As some have already pointed out, the 2022 sets, which use these new parts, are aimed to a younger demographic than us.
Not to mention, that way back in 2011, when CCBS got debuted, it was fairly simple & basic compared to what it’d become later towards its final years.

I think this is just being a teaser, for something bigger that will come later. (To be clear, I’m not necessarily meant by this, that it will lead to a Bonkle G3 or something, just that it could result in better but similar elements in the future.)
This probably will evolve in the upcoming years, and if we’re lucky, we may get more “delicately” designed parts with actual movable joints & such.

7 Likes

yeah as is this is not that good. the fact that they are doing anything at all which could be potentially contraction related besides just marvel mech reskins is something to watch carefully however

3 Likes

Indeed.
Although, I personally don’t have any problems with the Marvel mechs. They’re fine as what they are, but I would like to see something more original with the mixel joints ngl.

3 Likes

yeah i like the marvel mechs I bought a few of them cos they cheap constraction. Just would love to see some innovation tho

2 Likes

If you don’t understand, doesn’t that mean I need to explain???

My beef is more with this system than these exact sets. If it’s ONLY good for these simple mechs aimed at younger kids, that limits what more complex sets and MOCs can accomplish with it.

Exo-Force sets, particularly in '06, were constructed rather haphazardly. The presence of knees on a figure is not a bad thing; Bionicle’s success proved that.

5 Likes

lego star wars fans be like

4 Likes

Toothdominoes have posted a new sketch about some possible designs for armor plates, and a GIF showing the upgrade add-on method of the new system:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1466878032648581125

Looks pretty interesting IMO.

7 Likes

Interesting style choice. I’m gunna be watching this one, it has potential.

3 Likes

I only just saw these and…I’m rather intrigued. My son will be turning 6 next year, and he currently has play access my mata, nuva, and bohrok, and enjoys them despite the lack of articulation. For that range, I can see the intent of the locked elbows and knees for stability in play.

I’m curious to see their older focused designs. The Megazord and the dragon seem pretty cool in idea, and with sccbs, if it is for older designs as well, i can maybe see it maintaining some of the modular aspect of ccbs while bringing system in more easily for armor. G1 Bionicle and ccbs could integrate it, but I have a feeing this will do so a lot more cleanly as it’s the purpose of how the shells and bones are made.

8 Likes