System Character and Creature Building System

On one hand i am really upset that CCBS is more or less dead, on the other hand i am a little excited since it could mean the return of bionicle or constraction as a whole!

5 Likes

while should wait a little bit more to see the true stuff one can make with SCCBS I’m kind of still mad they ain’t making CCBS???

I know it’s been gone for a long time but… let me tell you think, every single part and piece of CCBS is gonna break one day and… where do I go to get replacements?

that thought alone is why I haven’t made a G2 Moc for a long while and why I was gone form the Message boards and Bionicle in general.

4 Likes

1 Like

I uh… NEW REPLACEMENTS GOSH HECK IT. REPLACEEMNTS THAT I CAN BUY IN THE STORE

1 Like

2 dollars and 32 cents on aliexpress

1 Like

please tell me you dont buy on AliExpress
ITS FAKE LEGO!
and its just a scam

1 Like

having bought the zane mech I can tell you it’s a pretty good introduction to SCCBS

1 Like

I mean. a real life store I can go to like Walmart.

no more jokes man

2 Likes

Frankly, you aren’t meant to be able to find replacements. That’s what comes with a product being … yknow … retired.

3 Likes

The sockets were introduced in 1999 with throwbots. I see a major disadvantage with the 2021 socket in that you can’t route 3.18 mm bars or technic axles through the cup.

4 Likes

I just realized how to upgrade the knees of the Ninjago mechs using Mixel joints: use two Mixel joints side by side to add friction. That alone also solves the issue with friction on the heavier mechs.

3 Likes

I suspect most of you have already seen the leaks of next year’s Marvel mechs.
Here is my summary of them:
Honestly, they’re neat!
They aren’t as great as the protectors of Gen2 were, but I think these are pretty good for what they are.
They use the EVO limbs of this year, which means they do not have any knee or elbow articulations.
It is unfortunate and can be a bit frustrating, but despite that, they look way better and more proportional than their predecessors did.
Overall, I think they’ll evolve more in the upcoming years, and hopefully, they’d be proven successful enough for Lego to give Constraction another go. (be it a Bonkle G3 or something else.)

6 Likes

I never liked the mechs, but there’s something so charming about Rocket’s. I need it. Also a big fan of the Ghost Rider set. It’s ridiculous but fun. Reminds me of this comic panel.

5 Likes

Ok, that looks like a genuine Avengers-level threat.

3 Likes

ok so after some experimenting with this new building system and passing the 5 stages of grief with CCBS I’m now in LOVE with SCCBS!

it’s hard to explain but trying to build Constraction figures with system is really fun and interesting especially with mixel joints.
I would go along and just say any Constraction that build with system IS SCCBS like the Marvel Mechs and Figures, and even the GWP Bionicle set!

7 Likes

Glad to hear that! :slightly_smiling_face:

I also adore SCCBS for what it is, even if it is still in an early stage. Hopefully, Lego will keep improving and experimenting with it in the years ahead and will get confident enough to give another chance for construction someday. :pray:

4 Likes

Hopefully, they’ll add joints to those bent limb parts so we can have poseable knees and elbows! That so far has been my only gripe with SCCBS.

4 Likes

Super late reply: :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I also hope for the return of knee & elbow joints too.
We’ll see, but according to the latest 2024 set rumors, We will get more large buildable figures and mechs in the Marvel line, so…
Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes