System in Play: The LEGO Roleplay (Playset)

“Formerly, Unitron under the Galaxy Squad’s Roboforce division. However, that has largely been dismantled by the empire. I current service is to [classified].” The robot answers.

The spider’s upper face shakes her head as her never ending smile glows, “Right, right ok, can I talk to Mr. Classified? Sounds like quite a charmer already,” she spoke mandibles chittering at her joke, “Really a bit invasive honestly…”

He’s silent for a second or two.

“Patching through…”

“Hello hello?” Came a new voice.

“Hi, Hi! Got your little bot friend here! What’s your name again? I only get Classified from this goober,” she said with a chortle, mandibles chittering as she spoke in her mechanical tone, “So, whatcha doing spinning your bots down here this far out in space?”

“Ah, so you found her?” He asked.

“Undetermined, permission for scan not given.” The robot answered.

“Hm. Well friend, for both our sakes, you can know me as The Diver. I detected someone special out here and wanted to confirm our findings. That ‘special’ could be you.” He explains.

“Diber,” she giggled, “Oh, ok, well that’s very strange. Am I the millionth person out here?” she teased with her mandibles twitching in pure glee at the hilarity of the situation, “I can’t believe I’m the peep you’re looking for I’m afraid.”

“Well,” she says, drawing out the word, “what if she never finds out? We’ll just keep quiet and get out of dodge, like we were never here. No harm no foul, right?” She looks from ghost to ghost, trying to judge how receptive they are to the idea.

Bjerk steps around the far side of his suit, clipping his voice brick into place on the back. He peeks around the suit to watch the ghosts, hoping they aren’t paying him any mind.

“I won’t know for sure unless RS-12 is allowed to scan you,” Diver replied.

All the ghosts look equally doubtful that Lady E wouldn’t find out about this. Chances were, one of them would slip up. Though they don’t seem to be paying Bjerk much thought.

“Or we do or jobs and never get in trouble,” the cap one finally proclaims.

He quickly creates a ball of gloom and tosses it at Oliva.

1 Like

Olivia flashes a wide smile as the ghosts hesitate.

The smile doesn’t last long.

She ducks to the side, grimacing as the ball skims her shoulder. The crack of gunfire and smell of gun smoke fill the air as she fires at the leader. Her dodge takes her away from Bjerk and the others, and she continues with that momentum, squeezing off two more shots as she circles around to flank them.

As soon as shots are exchanged Bjerk pulls himself into his suit. He can only hope that the ghosts will ignore him for a few seconds more as he engages the systems, the suit sealing shut behind him.

Others. Harmed. Attack.
Attack.
Attack.
ATTACK.

Khimon’s hands close into fists and clamp over the pilot’s chest. Their head fills with static, and then it burns.

An invisible beam fires out from the pilot’s helmet and scythes through the air. Olivia’s dodge saves her from the beam (her mind buzzing with static as the beam passes her by). The ghosts on the other hand-
-are directly in its path.

The ball of gloom, flying past Olivia, hits Khimon in the side. Only about half of it hits.
The pilot feels something trying to seize control of their body.
Not us. Not me. Repel. Resist. Dissolve hostile presence.
Dissolve. Dissolve. Dissolve.

Khimon’s psychic powers flail, trying to fight against the ghostly power of the gloom.

1 Like

The ghost give Oliva a blank expression as the bullets pass through them. Did she really think bullets would anything? They didn’t have much time to contemplate this as Khimon’s mind blast manages to push them back. It doesn’t seem to have harmed their forms, but they leave an opening for attack as they float back around.

Khimon is able to resist and expel the ghost trying to enter his mind for now. It was only a small dose after all.

@rainsong @Kirathel @TaiyoK

1 Like

Blockquote[quote=“ajtazt, post:51, topic:63838, full:true”]
The ghost give Oliva a blank expression as the bullets pass through them. Did she really think bullets would anything? They didn’t have much time to contemplate this as Khimon’s mind blast manages to push them back. It doesn’t seem to have harmed their forms, but they leave an opening for attack as they float back around.

Khimon is able to resist and expel the ghost trying to enter his mind for now. It was only a small dose after all.

@rainsong @Kirathel @TaiyoK
[/quote]

The ghosts are blown back enough to be in Ib’s range. Making her decision, Ib draws her sword off of her back. The blade erupts in blue energy before she leaps, stabbing down on one of the three ghosts.

1 Like

The pilot wills the suit to rise, and with a heavy clank moves upright. The metal-gauntleted hands do not move, the head does not turn, the eyes do not glow with any light.

But another mind-blast begins forming, preparing to fire. Khimon moves unsteadily but quickly, ducking to the side of the body, just barely out of sight to the right of the door. It’ll be harder to hit them in here…for the moment. The…ghosts? The ghosts throwing the possessive stuff could float in here.

But of course then, they’ll be even easier to hit, part of Khimon muses darkly.

“Wow, that’s tempting, I am curious…but you know it’s a lot of privacy you’re just sidestepping and yeeting into the void ya know,” she chortled, “But fiiine, why not…what’s the worse that can happen…I ask myself.”

Ib is able to stab her blade into the the scientist lady. The ghost’s head just turns around, screeching before lunging forward in its ghostly manner to grab and possess Ib.

The cap ghost rushes to try and grab Oliva while the remote ghost charges up a smaller blast of Gloom, launching it in Khimon’s direction.

@rainsong

A cone of light beams from the robot’s face, covering most of the spider’s form. It moves little before a beeping indicator is heard and then the light is turned off. RS-12 thanks gives thanks for her cooperation. The other fellow is silent for a moment, waiting for results.

Then, a sharp exhale of breath. A poorly controlled, yet muffled, “Yes!” can be heard.

“What did you say your name was again?” The Diver asks.

1 Like

“Anachria, Ch-ch-ch-chia for short!” she said with a sort of motioning with her minifigure hands that seemed to imply finger guns as she laughed again giggling at her own very outdated joke.

There was a slight pause as she continued, “Actually, what did you find? You seem a little excited eh Dibber?” she started laughing again…

“Your Creation Spark, it’s an anomaly. I believe it will persist against the challenges to come. Er, well, if you want to help that is. How do you feel about the current state of the galaxy?” The Diver asks.

The spider laughed, “Ha, ha, ha, I have no clue what that means good sir!” she said chortling her mandibles twitching about happily, “I also have no idea what’s going on outside this sector! I’m just a shop out here! I get some radio and the like but I’m more into the construction of my lovelies!” she trilled with another giggle.

“So every seeming normal and right with reality to you?” the Diver asks.

Move. Duck. Dodge. Don’t get hit.
Don’t let them in.

Khimon moves, quickly and ungracefully flopping to the ground like a rock. The force of the fall breaks their focus and sends the pilot’s mind spinning, but for the moment the Gloom splashes harmlessly against the pod wall instead of on them.

The pilot struggles to rise, the joints of the armored suit clanking and then whirring as they move. Khimon reaches for one of the armored capsules on their leg, looknig up at the ghost.

Another, slightly weaker, pulse of psychic power lashes at the ghost who fired the Gloom.