System in Play: The LEGO Roleplay (Playset)

She pauses, “I mean, I’ve noticed some things that aren’t quite right, but nothing that quite out of the ordinary…”

“Well I find things are quite wrong and I…don’t know how to fix it yet, but I’m gathering a team. Those that seem to be evidence for the universe forcibly melted together. Would you been willing to assist?” He asks.

“Melded together?” she inquired curiously her head quirking to the side and mandibles twitching as she moved a few steps closer, as if drawn by curiosity. She paused and thought for a moment, “You think things are not natural? How odd…how strange…how practically perplexing,” she chittered out shaking her head as she thought, “Well, I’ve never quite thought about that…”

“If that seems too crazy, I can prove it to you…Though, we also could use help in other areas. My world has been taken over by numerous villains and we need help.” The Diver tells her.

“If that’s true than a lot of my friends would be sent back to other worlds if you, unbroke it,” she said with a chitter, “Sounds like a bad deal to me honestly,” she said with a shake of her head, “But I suppose I could help…no one has ever asked for help before…”

“Breaking is one way to fix this mess, certainly. Though I don’t know how yet. As for your friends, not necessarily, depending on who they are. What are your friends?” He asks.

Ib detonates the energy around her sword before taking a leap back in ward.

The spider chittered pacing about from side to side, “Stranger, stranger, that’s quite…well, let’s see. I’m friends I suppose with my kind, the X-podiums, but I do love walking around with you little figure folk, but…if things get split up I won’t get to do that,” she frowned with another chitter, “Sounds like an awful idea for me, after all, I’ve made friends with so many of you clearly, absolutely,” she exclaimed crossing her arms as her grinning robotic figure face smiled down at the drone.

Olivia blinks and stumbles away, shaking her head to clear her mind from the sudden static. Now what have you gotten yourself into this time?

She recovers just in time to see the ghost coming, backpedaling and aiming another shot through his head. “Really? This is what you wanna do with your day?”

Bjerk takes a defensive stance, moving between the ghosts and Khimon. @Kirathel

The ghost charging up his blast his disrupted and force back by the physic blast, appearing dazed.

As for Olivia, the ghost just pauses as the bullet passes through its head and complains about how unsporting that was. It picks up speed and tries to tackle her.

The ghost seemingly explodes in the burst with a damming screech. However, when the dust clears the ghost is still standing. She creates a small ball of gloom and chucks it at Ib.

“Well, it is up to you. If you rather not, you can pretend this never happened.”

“But if you succeed, I don’t get what I want either. I get reduced to what I was right? A little spider scuttling about without all,” she gestured to her home with a proud glint to her eyes, “this. Seems like you’d probably hurt me more than help. I’d lose everything I’d built, and all the friends I’ve tried to make…” she said with a chitter.

Olivia suddenly stops, looking at the ghost with confusion.

Seeing the ghost is stunned, Khimon steps forward, preparing to lash out again.
Then another ghost starts running at the strange human. Olivia, the pilot realizes dully. Emotion stirs in the base of their skull.

Khimon reaches out and tries to send a pulse toward the charging ghost, to knock them off course.

1 Like

“It’s a very large ‘if.’ Besides, if it worked, none of us would remember.”

Khimon is successful and the ghost just barely brushes against Olivia before flying into the ground. Leaving Olivia with a patch of cold, gross ghost gunk while the ghost is trying to figure out which way is up to resurface.

2 Likes

Olivia brushes her shoulder off nonchalantly, trying not to show how spooked she is by the experience. “What, so you’re allowed to hurt us but we can’t hurt you? That’s not fair.” She keeps her gun raised regardless, backing towards Khimon and Bjerk.

“So, looks like you two are the only ones who can hurt these things, pilot. Ready to get out of here?” Bjerk gargles in agreement, shuffling half a step back.

@Kirathel

1 Like

“Isn’t that even more horrifying? To be erased? To have all one’s knowledge and progress wiped away with no cares?” she said with a mechanical warble, “I think that’s a bit much for me. Honestly, this seems like it hurts me more than it helps.”

1 Like

The pilot’s helmeted face swivels to look at her. And then jerks up and down in a terse nod. A loud crackling noise issues from the helmet as the vocoder sounds again. “Leave. Run. Have ship?”

1 Like

Olivia nods emphatically. “Yeah, you get it. Scram, get out of here- have ship?” She laughs. “Let’s start with ‘run’ and maybe we’ll get to the ‘have ship’ part later.”

Khimon nods once and clambers up the pod before leapiing off its top, the suit’s mechanized joints carrying the pilot a fair distance before they hit the ground.

Khimon jerks up quickly and then starts tearing off at an appreciable speed.

1 Like

The robot just awkward floats away and the fellow doesn’t answer.

As our brave ghost wrestlers run, the one dazed ghost recovers. Seeing them flee, he changes tactics and starts launching gloom into the crash spacecraft. An groaning noise can be heard from the ship, growing louder.

@rainsong @Kirathel

2 Likes