Tabletop RPG campaign: "The Powers of Old" (closed for players)

I don’t have work.
Or school.
I can’t do Wednesdays, but that’s pretty much my only restriction.

Scratch that, I’m going to the beach on Friday.

1 Like

I’m basically free 24/7 right now as long as I have a day of notice.

2 Likes

I can do anytime on Friday after 6:00 PM CST (11:00PM GMT) and before that same time on Saturday.

2 Likes

Seems like roughly half of you are busy Friday, so let’s make that Saturday or Sunday, then.

I could hold a mini-session for those of you who are free tomorrow, to test out the basics of the system and Roll20. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK I can be on tomorrow.

I can do anytime on Saturday; some of my weekend campaign stuff got shuffled around.

In 2 hours time from this post, I’ll try to arrange a proper session for this game. As the first session, we will get to know each other a bit, get on the same page about the game’s content, finish up characters, and do some gameplay.

• If we get enough players (half of you or more), we’ll start the story proper.

• If not, we’ll do another small session where we figure things out, and get to know each other.

Post here, or pop me a PM, and I’ll send you a link to the game if you don’t already have it.

Sorry for relatively short notice, but I’ve been a bit busy earlier today. Hope to see you there!

1 Like

So 3:30 PM my time or something like that. That will work. But I will have to leave at 5:00 PM.

That’s fine. Any attendance > no attendance. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Can you send me a link? @Katuko

Well, I’m here and it’s almost supper time :stuck_out_tongue:

We have just concluded our first session. Summary:

Roll20 works fine, and has a nice setup, but it’ll take a little while to get used to everything.

Voice chat is easy in Roll20, but the servers are sometimes unstable and may require a switch to Skype or another app. We aim to use Roll20’s built-in system as long as it works.

We got some basic use of the rules down: We did combat with a few Burnak which I modified the stats of. Many of the base creatures in the ruleset are too weak to be a threat to Toa, so I’ve decided upon buffing their stats.

@TakumaNuva: Your rules are hard to browse. :stuck_out_tongue: We spent quite a bit of time on discussing them and trying to figure out how various actions work. Still, with some guesswork and eyeballing I think everything went nicely in the end.

I thought I knew what I needed to know (and I kinda do), but it’s hard to keep track of everything when I need to have multiple tabs open for both characters and powers and actions.

We started the basic story, but did not get far. The characters who were present landed at the beach of the island in search of missing Matoran. With them they have a copy of the stone tablet the Matoran were investigating. After causing a lot of ruckus at the beach (you guys cause a lot of noise :wink:) they were attacked by Burnak. We spent the rest of the session doing combat with these.

Following combat, when the group was about to enter the jungle, a Turaga arrived to speak with them. He does not seem too fond of strangers, especially not city-dwellers. Still, he allowed them to stay for now, and is leading the way to a nearby village.

The next session will start where we left off, on a short trip through the jungle path to the village. We will find the date and time for this session later.

Thank you all for the first session, it was very enjoyable so far!

2 Likes

…and we don’t even have a Toa of Sonics.

5 Likes

Sorry I missed it. I was busy packing. See everyone for MakutaFest!

1 Like

It was really fun! Thanks to everyone who participated and made it a fun session! ^^

1 Like

Oh sorry I missed the session.
I was at someone else’s house and did not have access to internet. Have we decided on when the next session will be?

We didn’t do a lot, so you did not really miss out on much.

The next session is not decided yet, it depends on when people have time.

2 Likes

Hmm I didn’t know you could “watch” topics.
That would have been useful for not missing anything like I have.
Despite the fact I have had pretty much nothing to do so far everyone around me seems bent on wasting as much of my time as possible, somehow clogging up my weekends, but it probably shouldn’t affect anything. I’ll try not to miss anything else.

1 Like

Hi, labouka here, player of Toa Orion. Got an account recently to help keep the contact of all the other members we have yet to add on skype. Just gonna drop our skype group’s link here, for any of you who do not check their PMs and were not notified by Luroka.

https://join.skype.com/nsnmAO7dvQaR

*Kind request to any other TTV members who read this but are NOT part of the RPG to not join our group. We don’t want to ensue mass group kicking or chat interruptions of people who have no immediate business on the group. x)

3 Likes