Tahu Nuva

Tahu Nuva

Tahu, spirit of fire, is the oldest of the Toa, having been created when the planet was forming. This hotheaded Toa makes his home in the fiery bowels of the Mangai Volcano, using his incredible balance to surf on lava flows. With his fire sword, Tahu keeps the lava moving towards the ocean, much to the annoyance of his rival, Gali.

Tahu is the fiercest of the six Toa, and is most feared by Mata Nui’s inhabitants. The Tohunga have the greatest respect for his powers, knowing the incredible power of fire. They don’t see him as a destructive spirit, however. He’s revered as a guardian, the provider of fire by which they warm themselves at night and keep the dangers of the darkness away.

More Photos

My first Bionicle set was Nuhvok Kal, as such, my introduction to the Toa was the often-mocked Toa Nuva. For me, this image is iconic Bionicle. The Nuva are often talked about as flawed versions of their original counterparts and yet we rarely see remakes of them.

I hope to do the rest of the Nuva as the year goes on. Happy 20th anniversary Bionicle!

49 Likes

Wow, that custom head design is incredible!

5 Likes

Very fluid and poseable Moc, I like the introduction of more gray and the head is clever. The chest is nice part usage but it seems forced and I personally think it would look nice with armour more similar to the original. Yeh I hope to see the rest!

3 Likes

Wowza, at first glance I thought that the mask was a scaled up 3d print. Really a genius design.

also love the way the different colors across the MOC flow in terms of texture. Especially the orange ridges on the thighs.

1 Like

Really I hate the way this looks

But it’s also so well built and so slick and yet I hate it because it barely resembles Tahu Nuva but it also does quite a bit and I’m so torn

J-Just accept your topic like and I’ll go cry somewhere about my indecision

1 Like

WOAH!

I love when people do this, they take the aesthetic of the Mata and apply it to the Nuva. It just looks so good!

And the fact that none of this is 3D-printed? Spectacular!

Wow! This build (especially the mask) is amazing! Great job!

Not the revamp i was expecting.

I’m honestly blown outta the water with this one.

1 Like

That mask design is absolutely incredible. Overall this looks fantastic–well-built everywhere. I’m not so sure about the thinness around the waist, but pistons are cool so I’m willing to overlook that.