Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Fantasy RP sign-up

Had the draft primed and ready to go :smirk:

4 Likes

seems like she’s not listening to herself very much :smirk:

why does every even slightly emotionally mature character in the rp besides rook I miss rook :pensive: want to protect Dolphus? :thinking: I think this says much more about Dolphus than it does other people

4 Likes

Hey, that’s like one of her core character quirks. Not listening to anybody, not even herself. It’s not bad writing this time (a rare occurrence I know), it’s me following the established traits of the character :smirk:

it’s two AM for me now, I should probably be sleeping instead of discussing silly fictional privateers haha

4 Likes

Dang I need to get back in on this

3 Likes

Darn right you do

4 Likes

Ari: Oi you wanna go mate? Square up, this’ll be easy
Mako: starts vomiting blood and dies

but seriously why is he immediately depressed now and vomiting up blood :imp:

4 Likes

because he didn’t use his magic correctly, and it harmed him. Also he kinda realized he made a mistake…

2 Likes

Not typically how it works, but if you got a cool reason for it it’s good.

3 Likes

hwat? but I thought Dolphus was looking right at him; Mako dragged him into view, and he’s stayed next to Mako ever since

unless… :eye: :eye:

4 Likes

Oh, more so he realized no one was actively holding/restraining him. Mako was beside him yes, but uh incapacitated

4 Likes

uhhh ohhhhh

bro really thinks he can run when Ari is literally right there :rofl: :smirk:

4 Likes

With her attention on Mako, by the time she switches targets he’ll be almost at the tree line with a good headstart. Keep in mind, he’s in a profession which boils down to “run until you puke then run some more”

4 Likes

I see this, and raise you Ari is 6’8 and pure muscle with no part of her brain existing capable of convincing her not to chase him :smirk:

he may be fast, but his motivations for running are not too much stronger than Ari’s would be for catching him: he’s trying not to die, and she by extension is trying not to let herself and everyone she just met die either by allowing him to possibly report back. plus Mako dropped the soldier right next to himself; it’s very likely she saw him pop his head up to look around in advance of his run as well

3 Likes

6’8 sure I’ll admit height adds some speed. But her size detracts from that as well, that’s a lot of bulk to get moving.

If she was able to take her eyes off the vomiting blood to examine carefully what might have been an unconscious body flopping around from the commotion. Tunnel vision is a heck of a thing.

You can cover a lot of ground in the time it takes someone to notice you get up and run.

4 Likes

that’s fair

I just don’t think this poor soldier thought this one through; she slung the bat at him the last time and knocked him to the ground with it, which makes me dread what a full-force Ari would do colliding with someone much less dense than her :smirk:

he could’ve left when both Ari and Dolphus abandoned him to Mako and walked away :imp:

also fair

I guess we’ll see what Ari does in the morning :eye: :eye:

4 Likes

I can’t believe you two spent like seven messages discussing Ari’s running capabilities :unamused:

As someone quite tall, I often notice myself being able to outrun most people, and keep up with those much more athletic then me, at lest on short distances. But I am also not a walking mountain of muscle (although that is the plan :smirk:), and I imagine that all that extra weight would slow you down.

Another thing is that Ari’s body is slowly starting to give out after all the stress (you know, fighting against a raging storm all night by herself, and then running around the island for half a day) and from lack of proper sleep… I doubt she’ll be able to catch up, even if she acts rapidly.

In other words, where is Karl and his handy dart launcher when the world needs them so much??? @DuneToa

Okay I genuinely don’t understand how you managed to interpret Ari noticing Mako’s antagonistic intent and jumping in to shield Dolphus from the attack he was clearly preparing, while trying to defuse the situation in the only way she could think of, as her looking for a fight :imp:

5 Likes

Did I jump the gun a bit? If you want, I can edit this.

2 Likes

This presents a problem.

Given the position the soldier is in, with what he knows and how much of a threat he represents, it’s impossible for either Ari or Dolphus to realistically let him get away, which means they’d both go back into the forest to find him. They’d need to do it soon, too, before any other members of the crew get involved, and potentially stumble upon the cottage and the dragon.

Abandoning him could lead to Mariner insisting he be found, too, since everyone would know about the soldier existing due to Mako and Alexis both seeing him, and the questions that would arise would eventually lead to the discovery of the murdered soldier as well as Sureheart and Devan.

So I guess no Mariner scene yet :pensive:

3 Likes

Guess it’s time to show how much damage fire magic do.

5 Likes

IMG_3292
Yipee

5 Likes