Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Fantasy RP sign-up

@NOTaHFfan just for your Situational Awareness, the ghost crew look just like regular people, but at this distance from the ship he’s slightly transparent.

There is also a canonical reason they are irritable. Which has to do with the damage to the ship.

6 Likes

*the least angry reddit post in history. If you think that’s angry, you haven’t seen actual reddit posts

It also took me an absurd amount of time, because I am never that angry, so I had to improvise. But we got through this :smirk:

Oh. That’s news to me. I don’t remember if there had ever been a proper description of their look in the RP… I’ve always imagined them to look like the bad guys from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (horrible movie, very cool designs). I suppose I’ll edit that part of the post completely. I really wanted Ari to have a really goofy reaction to the ghost sailors, but I can figure out something else

Also,

The toolbox was last seen next to Mariner. Potential Ari and Mariner interaction soon?

Edit: @Winterstorm345, I made adjustments to my post

4 Likes

You’ve ousted me :pensive:

I admit it… I’m not a redditor. I have never once posted a reddit in my entire life and I don’t have an account

in other words, my chances of getting married are pretty good :sunglasses:

4 Likes

We truly are the same.

Caeseus just unintentionally figured out how to deal with an angry Ari: confuse her by not being as much of a jerk as she is in response, aka by being a sensible adult

Edit:

Gonna wait on posting my next reply until Winter takes a look at this. This attack seems to be on a significantly bigger scale that anything we had seen in the entire RP before, and also seems to be completely impossible to counter, so I’d like to see if the GM allows it to happen before I make any moves

4 Likes

Actually i was gonna edit it. Felt too big.
EDIT: I TOOK CARE OF IT @NOTaHFfan .

2 Likes

I’d say you can post now

6 Likes

Had the draft primed and ready to go :smirk:

4 Likes

seems like she’s not listening to herself very much :smirk:

why does every even slightly emotionally mature character in the rp besides rook I miss rook :pensive: want to protect Dolphus? :thinking: I think this says much more about Dolphus than it does other people

4 Likes

Hey, that’s like one of her core character quirks. Not listening to anybody, not even herself. It’s not bad writing this time (a rare occurrence I know), it’s me following the established traits of the character :smirk:

it’s two AM for me now, I should probably be sleeping instead of discussing silly fictional privateers haha

4 Likes

Dang I need to get back in on this

4 Likes

Darn right you do

6 Likes

Ari: Oi you wanna go mate? Square up, this’ll be easy
Mako: starts vomiting blood and dies

but seriously why is he immediately depressed now and vomiting up blood :imp:

4 Likes

because he didn’t use his magic correctly, and it harmed him. Also he kinda realized he made a mistake…

2 Likes

Not typically how it works, but if you got a cool reason for it it’s good.

5 Likes

hwat? but I thought Dolphus was looking right at him; Mako dragged him into view, and he’s stayed next to Mako ever since

unless… :eye: :eye:

4 Likes

Oh, more so he realized no one was actively holding/restraining him. Mako was beside him yes, but uh incapacitated

6 Likes

uhhh ohhhhh

bro really thinks he can run when Ari is literally right there :rofl: :smirk:

4 Likes

With her attention on Mako, by the time she switches targets he’ll be almost at the tree line with a good headstart. Keep in mind, he’s in a profession which boils down to “run until you puke then run some more”

6 Likes

I see this, and raise you Ari is 6’8 and pure muscle with no part of her brain existing capable of convincing her not to chase him :smirk:

he may be fast, but his motivations for running are not too much stronger than Ari’s would be for catching him: he’s trying not to die, and she by extension is trying not to let herself and everyone she just met die either by allowing him to possibly report back. plus Mako dropped the soldier right next to himself; it’s very likely she saw him pop his head up to look around in advance of his run as well

3 Likes

6’8 sure I’ll admit height adds some speed. But her size detracts from that as well, that’s a lot of bulk to get moving.

If she was able to take her eyes off the vomiting blood to examine carefully what might have been an unconscious body flopping around from the commotion. Tunnel vision is a heck of a thing.

You can cover a lot of ground in the time it takes someone to notice you get up and run.

6 Likes