Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Fantasy RP sign-up

So is he still being worked on or is he done

2 Likes

It was fun making a more “villainous” character for a change. Hopefully I didn’t make him too much of an edgelord :wink:

Name: Rook Andreas (Alias: “Count Coal”)

Appearance:
Andreas has heavily sun-tanned skin, dark hair, and sharp facial features. He was once was a handsome fellow, but has let himself go a bit. He has a frail bony face framed by a shaggy beard and shoulder-length a hair mottled with dirt. Something like a mix between Rasputin and Morbius, I suppose.

Edit- forgot to include this: whilst in prison, he got a large tattoo of a dragon that starts on his lower back, wraps around his torso, with the head ending just past his left wrist. The dragon was “decapitated” upon the loss of his hands.

His height is aproximatley 5"5’(~165 cm.), and he’s 38 years old.

Personality: Andreas is typically quite bitter and cynical to others, though deep down he hopes that his comrades succeed in life. He is a natural leader, and often feels the need to be the one calling the shots-- he’s not selfish, he’s just the only competent person around.

Weapons: Both of Andreas’s hands were sawed off due to his higher rank amongst those who were captured. Later, while in prison, he was able to have a blade painfully bound to each arm, thanks to some friendships and connections he had forged in captivity. The blade connected to his left arm is essentially a short sword, whereas the blade on his right side moreso resembles a machete or axehead.

Additionally, he carries three viles in a sachel. The first, a scarlet potion, allows him to breath fire temporarily after being ingested. The second, a black gum-like substance generates a flurry of flames when it absorbs a lot of kinetic energy. Lastly, he owns a vile of liquor (with an extremely detailed piece of sugar cane floating in it), gifted to him by a colonel, which supposedly had been aged for 1,000 years. It is very dear to him.

Armour: Andreas doesn’t wear much traditional armor, besides an irregularly shaped metal plate strapped directly onto his belly. He wears a jacket over a prison Uniform (which he has been wearing for the last decade or so). He also wears a sachel.

Job on a ship: Due to his lack of hands, Andreas has difficulty performing tasks that require dexterity. He is, however, a pretty good strategist and navigator. He is also exceptional in close-quater combat, a skill he acquired through years of military service in addition to a need to constantly defend himself when he was inprisoned.

Backstory: Rook Andreas was a young, stern, respectable captain of the Armada. 20 years ago, he led a small expedition to examine a faraway island. Shockingly, his voyage was cut short when Northern ships began to close in on them. He later learned that his good friend, Pyotr “Petey” Gorov had previously sold details pertaining to the mission to the North in exchange for a generous sum of money. Andreas and the eight others who accompanied him were taken back to the North, where they were imprisoned and tortured extensively. Inmates there quickly learned to always watch their backs; over time Andreas became increasingly unsympathetic as he gained a reputation of being one of the most powerful inmates there, earning the nickname, “Count Coal.” He spend 16 years in jail before he managed to escape with two if his partners by stealing a boat. Currently he lives as discreet outcast, having few friends and no permanent home, remembering his glorious life as a captain fondly.

*fun fact: I originally made this character for Winger’s RP “sovereign.” Back then his gimmick was that he had no arms, and had invented a form of martial arts that involved tying swords to his thighs. In retrospect I don’t know if that would’ve been cool or silly…

Looking back at Nico’s character description, it seems like we have a share unfortunate similarities. Whoops.

4 Likes

Why that dirtbag

I sure hope this was an isolated incident and that the Gorovs don’t have a long-standing history of being terrible people ahaha

So wait

If he doesn’t have hands how does he drink these

It’s Morbin’ time

3 Likes

Shiver me timbers wouldn’t that be something

He would need assistance from someone else

Or, in a pinch:

It’s Morbin’ time :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This fits with the lore so much better than you know :stuck_out_tongue:

Character looks good.

Too bad my moonknight insert will beat him up

@MakutaOisli are you gonna make a character still?

2 Likes

How? he doesn’t have a cane

1 Like

I would never forget something so important :smirk:

3 Likes

“Buncha terrible murderers, those Gorovs are. I’ll kill every last one of them. Say Dolphus, kid, mind getting me one of my wacky drinks?”

3 Likes

firstly

A man of taste, I see

secondly

The entire character is literally just the image of the Fata Morgana and the name is Fata and why is there so little effort here

5 Likes

Gimme a sec…
Wait-You like phantomarine?

1 Like

Pavel is best character

I would suggest a fresh concept. Make something wholly unique instead of piggybacking off of an existing idea to the point that it’s just the idea and nothing else.

1 Like

FINE. THERE GOES ANOTHER ONE.

Name: Mako

Personality: Blunt,sarcastic,annoying.
Underneath is incredibly anxious and means well.
Tries to work hard. As much as his blunt nature is the main factor that plays into first and second impressions, he tries hard to not disappoint,but any who alienate him will earn his enmity,and he is a person who holds grudges.

Weaponry: A whip made with jellyfish stingers interwoven in.
Custom made fishing rod with multiple contraptions to allow it to carry a bigger load.

Appearance: Incredibly Pale skin,due to him not usually taking off his armor and mask.

Armor: Pure efficiency over formality, Makos patchwork armor has sections of metal and leather,along with feathers and bandages. He wears a white cloth over his head.

Abilities: Partial water magic not the same as before
The people at his home knew water magic, and employed it into their daily lives.

Ship Job: Incredibly Good hunter and fisherman.

Backstory: Mako was a prodigy at hunting and fishing,
His skills unwasted, helping supply his village. But after a near death experience with a jellyfish, his mind took a turn for the worst. He fell into a state of self-loathing and denial,and it affected those around him. Still, he tried to put on a mask of contentment and joy, but there were cracks,and the mask finally broke when Mako discovered that one of the leaders was illegally trading with two others. The three were found dead,washed onto the beach,their swollen bodies littered with jellyfish stings and swarmed with flies.
It was a hard secret to keep,and when it was finally found out, Mako was thrown from the village. He just wants to forget what he did… but its easy to remember your sins.

4 Likes

No need to get uppity about it. Plus, it seems like your second shot is significantly better:

It’ll definitely be interesting to have Mako around if he gets approved wait a second where is his cane

2 Likes

He doesn’t need one

1 Like

and these people, they don’t happen to enjoy playing in the sun in what appears to be Red armour do they?

Looks good, but I’ll message ya about the water magic thing, it could be important to the plot :wink:

Oh nvm character ruined he’s denied /s

3 Likes

Wait seriously

2 Likes

No, /s means a joke, it’s all fine lol

3 Likes

Alright then.

2 Likes

not done yet, I’ve not had time to continue editing. I’ll do my best to get it done but I’ll be out of town wednesday to saturday

6 Likes

Well if you ever need any feedback from your old man you know the number for the front desk at the retirement home

4 Likes