NOTaHFfan’s art topic

These would honestly make for some amazing wall art. Especially the eve one. It really does have intense Graffiti art vibes.

3 Likes

The Eve one looks like a poster for the Book of ___ series.

6 Likes

The book of hwat now?

3 Likes

Ghid’s stories.

5 Likes

all these look pretty great!

4 Likes

Ah these look pretty neat. Shading and colors used on the characters are quite good. Nicely done art!

3 Likes

how can you be unaware of the greatest story that I hate that I also wrote

notahffan love ya man but I hope you can understand why it’s impossible for me to fave this topic
which reminds me I need to dunk on that thing you did

4 Likes

W-whats with these guys?

It’s like something out of my japanese anime!

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I’ve actually made most of them with the purpose of hanging them on the wall like posters

So, you are not that far off

Actually, that’s kinda true. Maybe if I ever get around to making more Bo_ covers, I might just as well make one of them sort of similar to this… without the anime aspect, of course

@Rukah @Rhyla416 thank you both!

Here, I think you dropped this

which reminds me I need to dunk on that thing you wrote… we are truly the same

Oh no, he figured this out, my secret is now revealed!
I think I’m gonna-

10 Likes

stop projecting :triumph:
you’re making me blush :blush:

7 Likes

Badabeep badabop I resurrected this topic from its ah shoot I can’t come up with a rhyme

So, in case someone’s interested, I finished this thing recently

Now it looks like this:

Apparently it’s even pretty good, according to some people…

What? Think?

11 Likes

That do be a good draw

5 Likes

I can practically hear Ghid retrieving his spiked baseball bat.

Keep up the good work man! :sunglasses::+1:

9 Likes

Looks pretty neat

4 Likes

Bada bruh bada broom I resurrect this topic from its… uhhhh I forgot how it goes.

Decided to rebrand this old dead topic, and from now on I’ll be compiling all of my art from the last couple of years here, as currently it’s very spread out across a bunch of niche topics and PMs, and I’d like to put it all into one place for you all to see. I doubt that creating an individual topic for each of the drawings will be a smart move, as they won’t be getting any traction, so I think this is the right way to go.

I am going to start with my drawings based on and made for a number of RPs here on the boards from the last year or so

Togav drawings

Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers is an amazing fantasy RP by @Winterstorm345 and something I’ve been obsessed with for the last half a year or so, so naturally I made a lot of art based on it

First we have my drawing of Ari Wohlford, the character who I play as in the RP. This was the initial piece that I made for the signup that you can find here if you wanna know more about the character:

This was my first iteration of the design, so it’s a little messy in terms of colour and details, but it was a nice starting point, which I would expand upon later, as you’ll see further below.

The entire lineup of the RP drawn in a simplified cartoony style inspired by Samurai Jack, which I developed specifically for this RP, but have been using outside of it here and there ever since.

From left to right we have: @Rukah’s Jade, @Winger’s Nico, @Ghid’s Dolphus, @Atobe_Brick’s Rook, @MakutaOisli’s Mako, my Ari, @DuneToa’s Karl, @N01InParticular’s Alexis and @Winterstorm345’s Mariner

Really pleased with these designs, especially Mariner and Rook. I think they have a lot of character to them, which I feel is something my older art used to lack.

And here we have Ari’s finalised design made in the form of a full-blown turnaround. In this iteration I attempted to clean up the design and colour scheme, getting rid of a bunch of unnecessary elements and colours, simplifying a lot of shapes and generally limiting the colour palette to make it more pleasing to the eye. Really pleased with how it turned out and I’ll definitely be using this design in future drawings from now on.

Next, a Dolphus redesign in the style of the previous Ari. Once again, I think the shaping and colours turned out quite decently. This is what happens when I start applying colour theory to my art (I have been drawing for over seven years and only started doing it now, I am so good at this game :sunglasses:)

And, closing up the Togav lineup (for now [there’s some more stuff currently in the works]), we have the best artwork of them all. Ari and Rook doing the “two soyjacks pointing” meme.

I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t draw stupid parodies of even stupider memes every now and then :smirk:

The Loop drawings

The Loop II: Reawakening is @N01InParticular’s second attempt at his steampunk RP where everyone dies all the time in fun and sometimes funny ways and get resurrected immediately afterwards to make it even funnier. I can neither confirm nor deny allegations that it has been my second obsession right after Togav.

Aristomache Grimm, the world’s angriest and least sober jobless person aka my character from the RP.
This particular piece was drawn for the RP signup. If you want to learn more about the character, you can find it here:

For the funny, I also drew this little scheme showcasing how the punching function in her prosthetic arm works

Yeah I get a little carried away sometimes

A drawing of Aristomache in more realistic, modern clothing. Was made as a proof (to myself) that characters standing all boring-like in monochromatic voids isn’t everything I’m capable of drawing.
I’m quite happy with the way the colours turned out in this one. I didn’t use any of my usual cheats for more complex colours (like drawing in greyscale and editing the colours in later) and only relied on my knowledge of colour theory and lighting.

This is the drawing I’ve put the most effort out of all of these, so I’d especially love to get some feedback on it!

Tempest drawings

Tempest is an RP run by @Ghid that hasn’t even started yet, but I’m sure it’ll become another one of my obsessions as soon as it does :smirk:

Zenn, the sleepy ghost spirit thing who heals and punches people, and one of my two characters from the RP. The second one hasn’t been drawn yet, but it’s in my plans.

what do you mean you’re starting to notice a pattern in my RP characters… uhhhh you’re clearly seeing things :triumph:

I am very proud of this design, I think it turned out very whimsical and fun. Since the RP allowed the character to be pretty much anything, I could get really creative with it. I hope it shows.

Once again, if you want to know more about this character, you should check this out:

Well, this is all I have for now, but I reassure y’all that there’s more to come, so stay tuned. I’ll be posting everything in this topic

All feedback will be greatly appreciated. If you do, I’ll give you a :cookie: (I can neither confirm nor deny allegations that I stole a bunch from @Pakari :smirk:)

15 Likes

I love these two in particular! Your use of shapes, colors, and textures is great. I can definitely see the Samurai Jack influence, which is great, but they also feel distinct.

6 Likes

I always forget just how hard the Mariner design goes

Also, the updated Dolphus leak :eye: :eye:

6 Likes

You’re temptesting me to join this rp, might be worth looking in to.

4 Likes

you best be able to post more than once a month mister :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m glad you like it.

And yeah it was really important to me that I didn’t make this style a carbon copy of Samurai Jack.
Speaking of, I even made a drawing of Jack himself, just to showcase how much I ended up deviating from the source material when I was developing this style

Hard as a crab carapace, perhaps? :smirk:

Updated Dolphus leek indeed :eye_in_speech_bubble: :eye_in_speech_bubble:

See you in the signups :smirk:

11 Likes