Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Fantasy RP sign-up

I’m assuming he might have heard someone saying it in the last few minutes. But I can edit that as well!

2 Likes

I’d like to point out the wing got hidden again. It’s not just sticking out.

4 Likes

oh my bad, lot of posts happening

5 Likes

Im finally back and can post :fist: :goo:

Mako is the coldest person on the planet

good thing there’s no hole there with a storm coming :goo:

5 Likes

I mean, the hole is mostly patched already, given that which caused the hole is still firmly wedged within it.

3 Likes

It’s finally happening

Name: Ari Wohlford

Personality: Ari is loud, rambunctious and ill-tempered. One could say she is an airhead, as she seemingly has a careless attitude towards most things happening around her, but she will not hesitate to jump into action when things get serious, especially when those close to her are involved. She isn’t the smartest person in the world, not too fond of mental chores, preferring to utilize blunt force whenever given a chance, not thinking about the consequences of her actions, which often gets her into serious trouble. Despite this, she has an exceptional ability to see people’s true colors, being able to get a good read on someone from a few interactions. Ultimately, Ari has a good heart, which she tries to hide under the mask of carelessness, as she doesn’t want to get attached to others, because the scars of her past are too deep.

weapons: Ari carries an exceptionally heavy metal bat forged out of an old anchor. For most people, such a weapon would be barely usable, but it is a perfect fit for Ari, who has incredible strength, exceeding that of most humans. She also carries two sets of brass knuckles on her belt, just in case the bat is not enough (that is rarely the case). She compensates her complete inability to use any kinds of magic with raw strength and good fighting skills that she acquired during her life on the streets.

Armour: Ari doesn’t wear any armor at all, as she believes that it would only hinder her movement. Although she is much tougher than an ordinary human and can sustain more damage, she is still vulnerable to cutting attacks.

Job on the ship: She is an extremely skilled shipwright. Building and repairing ships is Ari’s main strength and passion. She seemingly becomes a completely different person while at work, dropping her careless demeanor and becoming calm and collected. Most of the time she carries an antique toolbox, containing adzes, saws, chisels, hammers and other equipment a shipwright might need. She seems to cherish it a lot, always keeping it in perfect condition and refusing to ever replace it.

Backstory: Ari Wohlford comes from a family of renowned shipwrights, true masters of their craft, famous throughout the entire Armada for their incredible skill and superhuman physique. They founded a shipbuilding company several centuries ago, and it quickly became the biggest manufacturer of ships in the Armada.
When she was born the Armada was already past its prime, cracks showing through its mighty facade, but the family business was still going strong. She learned the craft of shipbuilding quickly, showing signs of talent and lived a fairly happy life.
But, as the Armada started rapidly crumbling from constant inner conflict between different political factions, tough times came for the company. They made some deals they weren’t supposed to make and crossed some roads they weren’t supposed to cross. They had to borrow enormous sums of money from the Gorov family to keep the business going, until they lost it all, unable to repay their debt to the Gorovs. The Wohlford family was left on the streets, in complete poverty.
As years went by, she lost her family to famine, disease and mercenaries sent by those who wanted the Wohlford legacy gone, until Ari was the only survivor, living off of repairing pirate ships and constantly fighting for her life, until she was noticed by one of the countless dukes of the Armada and was forced to work for them, building and repairing their ships and sometimes doing dirty work that required a lot of intimidation and bone crushing.
Her main goal in life became to some day escape the influence of the Armada and all the suffering it brought. She wants to build a ship on which she is planning to cross the sea, fighting through its dangers in an attempt to leave the armada behind once and for all and find a new life in a land far away.

Additional information:
Ari is 26 years old and has an impressive height of 6’8”

Appearance:

(Drawing by me)

11 Likes

Stupid question: can you draw some of the others

2 Likes

Good character, she’ll be introduced after the storm.

4 Likes

I sense a sprinkling of Dolphus :thinking:

Why do I get the feeling that her first response to seeing Dolphus would be to give him a piggyback ride against his will
Or potentially bear hug him and break his ribs

I’m assuming these are hand adzes

Naw I’d say her strength is her main strength

Okay so Dolphus has at least some kind of defense when she decides to beat his brains out :eye: :eye:

Ahh, there it is :sunglasses:

Nice to have yet another person who despises the Gorovs and everything they stand for

Ari is a giant :eyes:

also she might just give Rook a run for his money for who looks the most like a pirate

I’ll wait for @N01InParticular to post again before I do, as I don’t feel it’s right reacting in this circumstance without giving Alexis the chance to do so, all things considered

5 Likes

I need to post in togav

5 Likes

:pensive:

man missed out on the entire sequence of events, although a recap illustrating Rook’s actions during it wouldn’t kill anyone

of course assuming there’s fighting going on there may be some killing people available if you’re interested :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

There’s also a resounding chance for prospective captains to showcase their leadership styles
@Atobe_Brick
@N01InParticular

5 Likes

Yeah that’s the plan
Just trying to flesh it out
The thoughts are in my noggin

Rook could rip and tear into Dolphus at any time and nobody would be able to stop him :smiling_imp:

Yup yep

4 Likes

Man, Karl’s now the most basic fighter in the game. Hopefully I don’t have to fight anyone in close combat…

3 Likes

:smirk:

Dolphus got eaten by a squid so he has an excuse not to participate

3 Likes

post coming soonish

6 Likes

:eye: :eye:

3 Likes

hey look at that I made a post

4 Likes

hey, at least it happened

well tbh he’s not wrong

they attacked with a giant squid chained to three different ships to make it look like the squid randomly attacked

but then again, they are booking it at the sight of this storm unlike the Caelin’s Hand, which is battle damaged and is gonna be down two crew for a brief minute as soon as @N01InParticular posts

4 Likes

this’ll be fun

2 Likes