Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Fantasy RP sign-up

It’s hilarious you guys jumped to this when my inspiration was just Tom Cruise

4 Likes

oh I didn’t realize he was shorter than Karl

If this isn’t proof that Tom Cruise is an immortal body-swapping leech then I don’t know what is :triumph:

4 Likes

@MakutaOisli you @ mentioned the wrong person. It’s @NOTaHFfan 's boat so they get to decide what’s in it, and such.

3 Likes

Ah I see

2 Likes

Well… Arrows because no guns remember ghid

3 Likes

@N01InParticular cmon where’s the big sad about dolphus being dead lol rip? mariner’s waiting on her, karl’s waiting on her, mako is waiti- oh wait nvm

Welp, now the secret’s out. Hopefully Ari won’t get it told to her face so soon, since hating the Gorovs is a big part of her character and she might try to dump him there if she finds out… or kill him first :goo:

Also, I do hope there’s some kind of a fight here, really put the pressure on either the Alexis team to find out what happened as a group or on Ari and Dolphus to win the fight, hopelessly outmatched :smirk:

I’ll edit :pensive:

3 Likes

Paper is being written so I’ll prolly get the post out at either 4am or tomorrow after lunch

5 Likes

mans on that notahffan grind rn :pensive:

5 Likes

I am typing this post both with my hands and feet rn

5 Likes

Don’t focus too hard on the post, gots to do well in school. Or you end up working a deadend job with less than 5 things keeping you going through the week.

And one of those things is random strangers on the Internet becoming super invested in your fantasy world.

5 Likes

@Winterstorm345 hey so the whole mako running to the ship was supposed to be about if mako finds tracks or not. Since @NOTaHFfan isn’t responding I was wondering if you could

2 Likes

Sadly N01 was never able to learn how to walk, as his turtle deformity while enabling him to perform superhuman feeats such as the one above prevented him from learning how to wear khaki pants and work at best buy :pensive:

of course he could always prove me wrong by posting in togav :goo:

oh uhh I mean uh yeah school, getting a job yeah

:eye: :eye:

Boi he is sleeping rn :dizzy_face: mans stuck in the worst place in the world currently :fr: and needs time to photosynthesize from the bug lights and the trillions of cigarettes lighting up the skies at night

Plus Ari ducked herself well out of the way, I’m not sure tracks would do you much good but you could always actually investigate the ship when he returns :thinking:

5 Likes

My man, it’s barely been an hour. Give HFF a chance to respond. Also, there are somethings you can do without me. For example, the beach is pretty well described.

4 Likes

See? That’s what I’m getting at :smirk:

my man doesn’t know that different timezones exist

I can allow myself to stay up till 4AM responding to every single togav development immediately only on the weekends, but on the workdays you gotta be more patient with me. I am notorious for having no life, but not to this extent.

I’ll get a huge reply to everything that’s occurred while I was asleep out in five-six hours once I return home and have some relatively free time

I gotta find a way to completely derail this conversation and prevent this event from occurring. There won’t be anything stopping Ari from breaking Dolphus in two right then and there if she finds out. She gotta develop a strong bond with him first, so that the eventual discovery generates an exponentially bigger amount of drama

I wonder now many arrows the tankiest Togav character after Mariner can tank :smirk:

9 Likes

Don’t worry about that, the actual secret will stay secret till a time which you approve of.

But uh… Is it just arrows? I hope she’s also fireproof.

4 Likes

well hopefully not that long :goo:

:goo:

Mariner when he sees the entire forest lighting up in flames knowing somehow it’s Dolphus’ fault

:eye: :eye:

me too :pensive:

4 Likes

Well guess what? I didn’t manage to fully complete the post before a two hour long French class and had to postpone it becoming real significantly :pensive:

Also, there is an important bit of Wohlford family lore that I need to emphasise in light of recent events, as it might help the crew understand what’s the deal with the boat.

The business that generations of Wohlfords ran for centuries was the biggest and most famous shipbuilding company in the entirety of the Armada, until old man Gorov caused it to collapse on itself almost two decades ago. (The usual kind of trolling he’s famous for)
Now this name doesn’t mean much to the general public, but old characters like Mariner and Tharos are certainly aware of it, the people who ran it and its excellent reputation before its downfall. Mariner might have even known some of Ari’s ancestors personally because he’s Mariner, but that’s fully up to you Winterstorm.

As for the player characters,
Rook and Karl were alive when the company was still a thing, so they probably know of it (mostly Rook though because his field of work was tied to ships [@Atobe_Brick post in togav]), Alexis doesn’t remember anything about the past, and everyone else could have only heard stories about it.

9 Likes

You mean the kind and courteous young man who he is possibly in the process of adopting? No must be the kidnappers fault.

Tharos isn’t all that old, I don’t remember if I posted his exact age but he’s pretty young.

4 Likes

I guess he never made it to the boat :pensive:

Dolphus finding ways to unintentionally make every single person in the entire rp his enemy

And neither can I :dizzy_face: this sounds like the most fake performance ever and will convince absolutely no one :pensive:
which is entirely in line with her character and makes the scene fun, so good job :goo: :+1:

Ari going at this guy with everything she has while Dolphus cries on the ground (1630, colorized)

@N01InParticular you haven’t killed Tharos yet :eye: :eye:

4 Likes

There goes my mental image of him.
I suppose that’s what I get for joining the RP so late in the game. Some details slip past me :pensive:

Oisli, my friend, there is no need to thank me for something I didn’t do. Even though I had a solid justification called life, I still took 19 whole hours to reply.
The fact that I’m in a different timezone doesn’t mean that less time passed on my end between your post and my response.

How does he know in-universe that a person whom he never met in his entire life and who is currently miles away from him is endangering their own life at this very moment (maybe not even at this very moment, but in the future, because the plotline that’s currently developing on the shore is probably lagging behind in terms of the timeline compared to Ari and Dolphus’s adventure, considering just how little happened in it so far)?

The footprints towards the boat or the footprints towards the forest? If it’s the former, then your post is redundant because I already told you what Mako finds in the boat. If it’s the latter then my response is redundant because you ignored all the info that I provided you with (and that you asked me to provide you with) and made Mako do what you could have made him do 20 hours ago without my interference.

It’s funny because canonically this size difference is reversed

8 Likes