Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Fantasy RP sign-up

Me at 3am when I want to get to the fridge without waking up the entire apartment complex

5 Likes

At DuneToa now would be a great time for Karl to exist and respond to Ari’s inquiry/the following shenanigans :goo:

4 Likes

HE WILL BE SUMMONED.

2 Likes

If only there were some form of plank, that could be laid from wale to shore the gang could walk up.

4 Likes

Oh yeah that would simplify things a lot

Wait, so, since plenty of people have already boarded the ship and have gone to shore, that means that the plank had already been laid. So what you’re saying is, we can already go aboard the ship right now? :smirk:

4 Likes

Indeed, I believe it was a N01 post that mentioned it initially, so I just rolled with it because it’s a super minor detail

5 Likes

Alright, awesome, lemme throw something together real quick because I wanted to go to bed a little early today, and it’s already midnight for me

4 Likes

can’t wait for this upcoming Mariner posts after Ari and Dolphus (and Alexis [and Mako {and Karl}]) board, it’s gonna be good :goo:

5 Likes

N01 post assuming information for the win.

5 Likes

Bro thinks that Ari is just gonna stand there and wait :smirk:

It’s Mariner time let’s gooooo!

Probably gonna wait for Mariner to turn around towards Dolphus and speak first, and then respond

4 Likes

Apologies about my absence. I contracted a cold, and it successfully infiltrated my sinuses and killed my throat. I should be posting in a day or two, though.

5 Likes

:anguished:

Get well soon :pensive: we await the return of Karl :goo:

4 Likes

Y’all have no idea for how long I’ve been wanting to make this post. I’ve been imagining how it would go down so many times, and we’re finally here. I’ve been eager to name drop Ari ever since her first interaction with Dolphus, but I held back and waited for this specific moment. I really tried my best when I wrote this one, spending an unreasonable amount of time on it.

I guess this could be considered Ari’s first official introduction. :smirk:

Also, did some lore drops (that have been discussed with Winter beforehand behind the scenes, of course)

You’ve always freaked me out by mentioning her surname so casually several times in your posts, but now that it’s finally been revealed in-world, I guess it’s not a concern anymore :smirk:

4 Likes

Ari: stupid bratty kid, always telling me what to do in the most casual and nonagressive manner
Also Ari: shoves him off the boat

Thanks buddy :blush:

2 Likes

Casual and nonaggressive? More like dismissive and haughty :triumph:

I said almost, I said almost

She’s carrying something very delicate, after all

2 Likes

Dismissive and haughty? More like Joe :dizzy_face:

yeah, Dolphus’ heart :pleading_face: :anatomical_heart: :drop_of_blood:

4 Likes

Who the heck is More

This reminds me of something actually.

Since the Wohlford name revel is kind of a big thing and I feel like people are maybe going to want to react to it in one way or another, here’s the information people may want to know:

Wohlford & Co. was one of the biggest shipbuilding companies in the Armada, run by the Wohlford family before it collapsed, so characters who are old enough and who are tied to seafaring in one way or another would most likely be aware of it and its reputation.

@Atobe_Brick, your character would very likely be aware of them because he used to commandeer a ship back in the days (please come back man, we miss you)

@DuneToa, your character is certainly old enough to be aware of their existence, but given his occupation, I don’t know if he would be. It’s entirely up to you man

Certain members of the ghost crew might know, because many of them are sailors and are probably very old

As for what’s already canon at this point:

• Dolphus is clueless because he wasn’t even born back then;
  • We know that Mako knows about them because he reacted to the company’s logo on Ari’s toolbox;
  • Alexis is a complex case because her memory is scrambled egg;
  • Mariner has had a great deal of history with them, and probably knows more than Ari herself
  • Nico is dead (probably), so we can’t ask his opinion on the matter
5 Likes

Alexis may have had dealings with it before her memory loss, that’s up to winter. Most of what Alexis knows is from her days as a helmsman on the last ship she crewed post amnesia.

5 Likes

Only knows the branding

4 Likes

Yoooo, Mariner backstory lore drop, let’s go!

Wait did I miss something and Caeseus wasn’t there to respond or did he just ignore her?

4 Likes