Tanqax Nui

Tanqax Nui are ogre-like rahi that live in or around underground lakes. They use their large claws for digging and are known for crafting incredible mazes in their habitats–which they navigate flawlessly with their senses of hearing and smell, in spite of being almost completely blind–and their jaws are much more powerful than they look.

Tanqax Nui do not prey on Matoran, but Matoran are generally advised to keep their distance anyway, as Tanqax are highly territorial and have been known to subdue prey much larger than themselves.

Trivia

• This moc is made up of 127 pieces.
  • Like Mulgarath, I made this moc simply because I was inspired to try to make something primarily brown; in this case, the reddish brown seen in Avak.
  • I don’t have the block that’s standard for my bios here because I’m not quite sure how to do it for rahi yet.
19 Likes

Every time someone posts a cool new Rahi it’s like a new entry into the never-ending Rahi Beasts book and I’m here for it

I love that it’s a humanoid Rahi too, you don’t see many of those.

5 Likes

Tanqax Nuis are like onions
(They both live underground and look cool, nice moc)

5 Likes

Leave them out in the sun for too long and they start growing little white hairs

4 Likes

chonkie boi
very nice, i like the head

4 Likes

Nice! It reminds me of Ogrum from Hero Factory, but with a cooler design.

3 Likes

@DuneToa took the words from me, this feels like a bionicle version of that brain attack ogre and I dig it

4 Likes

Unbelievably, I never even thought of Ogrum when designing this thing but I totally see the resemblance. Maybe I could make that species a relative?

4 Likes

Totally! I’ve always thought that the creatures from Brain Attack looked like something from Bionicle, rather than Hero Factory.

3 Likes