Makuta Mulgarath

Mulgarath was the Makuta of the westernmost region of the Southern Continent. There weren’t a lot of Matoran there to rule as the region was mostly unfriendly swamplands filled with dangerous creatures, but Mulgarath was content with this arrangement; fewer Matoran meant fewer possible distractions from his ultimate goals.

Mulgarath, Lord of the Swamps

Species: Makuta
Kanohi: Wahanu, Great Mask of Atoms
Pieces: 138

Mulgarath sided with Teridax during the Convocation not because he wanted the Makuta to rule the world, but because he–like Teridax–had aspirations of conquering and ruling alone. He wisely understood that if he was to stand a chance, he would need to play Teridax’s game for a while, and so begrudgingly obeyed Teridax’s orders while also keeping himself at arm’s length so the Leader wouldn’t discover his true intentions. Over time, Mulgarath assembled an army of swamp rahi, Matoran, corrupted Toa, and whatever other nasties he could find. All he need do now is to wait for Teridax to falter once…

Trivia

• Mulgarath’s Rhotuka fly low to the ground and release an adhesive mucus-like substance on contact, gluing the target’s feet to the ground and trapping them.
  • I made this moc for no other reason than just because I wanted to make something Metru brown.
19 Likes

as usual - very good moc, i like the more beastial look!

4 Likes

Metru brown and Metru green are a good combo, and it’s nice to see a hordika head used, makes sense for a Makuta

3 Likes

Not seen in the render is a small tail :wink:

You can never really go wrong with an earthy color scheme

4 Likes

I really like the colors, especially since it looks like it would be buildable irl. Metru brown is so hard to use.

4 Likes

I try to make all my Mocs theoretically buildable irl as far as available colors go. It feels more rewarding that way.

3 Likes