The Adventure Time Topic!

Hey y’all! Does anyone else here love Adventure Time? Is it definitely one of my favorite shows period. Anyone have a favorite character? Episode? Season? Weapon?

I don’t choose favorites, but it’d be interesting to see what others think.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

“Adventure time! Come on grab your friends! We’ll go to very distant lands!”
Fun show, haven’t watched it since season 3 or 4, but the zany jokes and weird plots always interested me. Don’t have a favorite episode off the top of my head, but I liked Burning Low a lot. ;D
-Oonie

2 Likes

I like it. Mostly the older ones, though, I feel like the new ones are a little boring…

1 Like

Why hasn’t this been made until now…?

Also haven’t really seen anything since beginning of season 6. It is the shining light of the current shows on CN and is very spectacular. Had this been made some time earlier, it would not’ve been as good as it was now. And I have gotta say, all dem ships, creepy moments, and other cheese…

4 Likes

I have not watched TV in a while, but yeah I love Adventure Time, no matter how dark and disturbing it can get

I used to be one of the biggest AT fans among my friends. At some point however, I started watching less and less, and I haven’t seen a single episode after the one with Finn’s Dad. I do really feel that it’s deserving of the awards and fans it has, as the emotional obstacles work on a very relatable level, and the designs for both characters and locations are simple, yet very imaginative.

Also, did anyone notice in the episode “Beautopia”, the sound effect used for the huge Lub Glub is the same one used for Makuta’s shadow powers? I’ve seen it pop up elsewhere, too.

4 Likes

Its strength definitely comes from its ability to produce humor that truly is for all ages and also have just dumb adventures while having a backstory for more mature audiences. But it does fall short in the fact that it has all this heavy foreshadowing and story arcs that are developed dramatically… and then dropped.

Although, instead of allowing the writers to tell a cohesive story with a beginning and an end, the producers just want to stretch out its production until its popularity runs out. That’s what made Over the garden wall great (Sorry if I go off topic here to use this example). It did what it needed to do and it was done and everybody remembers it for what it was, a good show, not something that might have started out promising at one point but run into the ground over time.

3 Likes

On a bit of a tangent, anyone a fan of Bravest Warriors, or Cartoon Hangover in general on YouTube?
-Oonie

6 Likes

Oh my grob yes.

What about Bee and Puppycat?

3 Likes

This is on my long list of shows I still need to watch. Along with Avatar: The Last Airbender and other things.

My opinion on Bee and puppy cat is… not really sure. The humor is awkward and story direction is either confusing or not developed enough yet. I’m not the biggest fan of the main character’s voice acting either. But the thing that keeps me watching is the Art and the animation. Its top quality for an internet cartoon. I heard someone make an analogy that really hit the mark. Bee and puppy cat is like fast food. Its great while you eat/watch it, but it doesn’t have any qualities that make it memorable or provoke after thoughts. Does that make any sense?

3 Likes

I love this show! Jake the Dog is my favorite character, but surprisingly my favorite is the Grables.

@Oonie
I love Bravest Warriors.

3 Likes

Never watched adventure time, and I don’t think I want to.

End of story.

You really should give it a try.

2 Likes

Seeing some of the stuff I see and trailers, and the things I hear about it from school, I really don’t think it’s something someone like me would enjoy.

1 Like

mutes topic

don’t care how angry people are

I never liked the show. It seemed too childish and it didn’t have much thought behind it. It wasn’t clever, the art style had a habit of hurting my eyes, and the characters were annoying.

2 Likes

What season(s) have you seen episode(s) from?

Because that is a pretty apt description of season 1.

I watched it off and on for at least three seasons. They didn’t get better.