The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

he’s not fat anymore :frowning_face:

7 Likes

You think?

In my eyes he retains a bit of a potbelly, but of course his girth is far less pronounced than in the original (though you might of course argue that this is one defining feature of teh original).

I personally like it this way, though - in my eyes he still looks heavy-built, but not overexaggeratedly fat.

Though if there are specific suggestions for how to make the girth work better, definitely feel free to share.

2 Likes

Meanwhile I’ve also started on another Makuta to go with these guys:

Because the combiner doesn’t look… that great.

Question is tail yes or no? With the digitigrate legs I think it could work well, so I’m tending towards yes at the moment.

Not gonna add wings because he only had those temporarily in Federation of Fear.

12 Likes

I think it might help if you shortened the legs a bit. Part of what made the original look so chonky was the short legs in relation to the torso. I’m not saying go to the same extreme as the original, but shorter legs would definitely help the look.

3 Likes

Probably true, but I won’t shorten the legs. It was a very deliberate decision to make them fairly normal length. a) because I want these proportions, and b) because I want Belgahn to be above Toa height.

Also they gave me far too much trouble to scrap the design :sweat_smile:

Maybe this helps a bit as a comparison: Vozatth is pretty much standard height for my Makuta at which I orient myself.

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing this build!

3 Likes

Really excited to see Spiriah! I say yes to the tail, personally.

Belgahn looks quite nice so far as well; the lower legs are particularly well armoured. Everytime I see his name though, the voice in my head pronounces it “belgian,” hahaha

2 Likes

I’ve actually toyed around with that since and am more unsure now - because given the digitigrate legs, I can’t help but feel that with a tail I’d end up with something that looks a lot like the lower half of a Zyglak. Unintentionally. Though of course the connection is there…

What about a short, bat-like tail?

3 Likes

I second this, nothing saying the tail has to be particularly long or prominent.

3 Likes

Spiriah doesn’t show up for very long in the story, he has a really short tale.

4 Likes

Currently got this:

8 Likes

I like that, the short length and the big spikey flail helps to distinguish it from the Zyglak tail. Also I didn’t realize the legs were digitigrade, I assumed it was like certain titan sets and the foot was just big.

3 Likes

Seriously though, it kinda makes sense for him to be a bit Zyglaky; perhaps he did that to fit in with them more.

2 Likes

Well, it’s technically both. The part directly above the foot has very limited poseability. It can basically just swivel a bit from side to side.
But it’s intended to be treated as digitigrade :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. The connection is there. Now I just have to make the rest work, too…

As an aside: Was originally planning to use the Jetrax Jutlin, but Antroz’s Jutlin looks more monstrous and thus more fitting now, I think.

1 Like

Last for today: planning out armor and proportions: Left or right mask?

10 Likes

Right, 100%. The left seems a bit derpy to me.

2 Likes

I’ll be honest, the choice in chest piece(collar bone?) kind of wants me to say the left mask, as I feel the wide design blends well with that piece.

3 Likes

If you’re using the black and red melded pieces already I’d stick with the classic Antrox mask for more of that color consistency

2 Likes

Agree with this, but I’d ultimately say to make a decision when you have the arms/wings on (assuming you’re going for wings, of course).

2 Likes