The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

I’d definitely say right. It just fills the neck area a lot better.

2 Likes

Right now unsure about it. In Federation of Fear Spiriah only breifly has wings on Tren Krom’s Island. Then again, the combiner has wings.

If I devote the extra parts to wings they’ll thus most likely be ones that can be easily removed, but that in turn depends on how the torso develops. I normally only define the armor parts I want to use and then see about how to make it work on the go.

2 Likes

Right definitely, works better with the colours

3 Likes

Update on Belgahn: Remembered I have my Carapar here, so temporarily switched in the correct armor parts, also increased his girth:

Still missing the tail, though.

And toyed around with a spontaneous wing build for Spiriah:

Worthy to be pursued or overkill? Wing membranes would likely be made from cloth. Kinda fear the weight, though, as digitigrate legs are not the best suited to carry a lot.

12 Likes

I very much like the way Belgahn is turning out

1 Like

that thicc yellow one looks great. Spirirah needs arms.

1 Like

Great improvement on Belgahn.
Also I’d say keep the wings, but stick with your original idea of making them easily detachable.

3 Likes

More progress on Spiriah:

Wings are now easily detachable.

Don’t like the build of the claw hand yet - but are there any opinions on the colour/general concept of it?

11 Likes

I like it alot, the proportions remind me of a piece of Miserix fanart. Also the color blocking is really good so far, I feel relegating the lime to a secondary color works well for him.

1 Like

I honestly really like the look of the claw hand, it look like something out of a cartoon, but in a good way. My only problem now would be the exposed technic holes for the wings (though that’d be tough to fix) and I don’t love the look of the tubes across the chest.

1 Like

Ok, new lower arms, redesigned claw and a first draft of the launcher. Will work more on the launcher, but I need some input on the claw arm: Silver Kalmah armor or rather a red/black one? Or should I mirror the armor design of the launcher arm (this I can only do in silver, though)?

9 Likes

I’d go with the more asymmetrical route.

3 Likes

I say stick with the current design, as asymmetry is always nice in mocs and the Kalmah armor piece works well with that claw design.

3 Likes

Silver, definitely. With red it would look like he has asymmetrical arms and a glove claw; silver really sells the gauntlet look.

1 Like

Too late :stuck_out_tongue:

Completely forgot to post it here, but I redid the arm again:

Currently working on the wing membranes.

10 Likes

Wing number one finished:

Decided to make it out of cloth scraps because a) it saves material, and b) it gives Spiriah a bit of a rough look

8 Likes

Hi! Been quite a while since I was here lol, had more or less forgotten this site. Love what you did with the character, an improvement in my eyes!

7 Likes

What are your thoughts on people building these for their own collections?

Everyone’s free to do so.

I build these MOCs because I enjoy the process, and I share them because I think others might enjoy them, too. So if anyone gets inspired by my MOCs or even wants to copy them I take that as a compliment.

5 Likes

Spontaneously started on a Gorast (which is definitely somewhat inspired by Gringat’s rendition)

Obviously lacking a pauldron and I think it also needs a certain something yet (maybe cloth?), but right now I’m primarily wondering - are those weapons too large or not?

10 Likes