The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

I feel like they are at a good size. Bionicle weapons are always a bit bigger than in reality.

1 Like

This is Gorast – if anything, I’d argue the weapons might be too small :stuck_out_tongue: . Good designs though.

6 Likes

How secure are the masks on Belgahn’s shoulders?

Very secure, from what I remember. Didn’t have him in hand for a while and currently also don’t have him at hand, but from what I remember there’s no chance that they’ll fall off without actually pulling them off.

1 Like

Am home again now, here’s the build. Due to the width of the mask it can’t really wiggle, and the liftarm into bar connection also has quite some friction. No chance of the mask falling off by accident.

Also pulled my Krika out of storage - I think he’s in need of an overhaul. Most certainly a new head, and probably I’m going to redo most of the rest, too. If anyone wants to point out anything else that specifically needs work, feel free to make suggestions.

4 Likes

You’ve almost got a really good colour blocking, black with white boots and chestplate (and mask). If the hands, hips, and maybe that bit on the stomach that holds the Skrall armour were black instead of white, I think the colors would look more cohesive.

6 Likes

Redid the upper torso, how’s this?

8 Likes

amazing!

3 Likes

Came up with a new head for Krika. Not as sturdy as I normally like my custom heads, but I’m currently inclined to let it slide… Opinions?

5 Likes

The head could be a little longer in my opinion; maybe you could fit a white visorak leg piece on top

5 Likes

How’s this?

Though it kinda starts reminding me of Takadox now.

11 Likes

Right on! The head looks more like the kanohi crast, and the shaping/coloration looks better to me in general.

3 Likes

I feel like the fangs make it look rather monstrous; maybe small spikes would be better? Unless that’s what you’re going for.

2 Likes

The problem with small barbs is that they don’t have the necessary width at the base. Though they are also not meant to be fangs - I kinda see it rather as a “mustache”. :stuck_out_tongue:

I justify the length with how the mutated version also has similar extensions.

3 Likes

Very clever design!

3 Likes

Then please sir, I beg you use this piece

3 Likes

I fear I have only ones in green available. Though this could yield quiet a goofy picture…

leaked footage of Gilahu’s Krika

9 Likes

So, some progress on Krika:

New legs and new torso. Happy with the legs, unsure about the transition into the lower torso. Upper torso is not yet finished. Haven’t touched the arms yet beyond moving the Rahkshi heads.

Open for opinions/suggestions.

6 Likes

Hmm… at this time the only part of this thats saying Krika to me is the face.

I think a look with longer arms would fit well with him, as that was a pretty distinguishing feature.

Could give him a more slender-men esq design by elongating the forearms, and you could add additional white to the forearms in the elongation to match more of the color blocking of the lower extremities

4 Likes