The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

Just wondering how many makuta have you made so far?

2 Likes

Considering Krika has rejoined the WIP pile… 19 finished, 3 WIP, and 2 that kinda are still mostly built. But those latter two are the original versions, not revamps.

2 Likes

Wow you’ve managed to get through quite a lot

2 Likes

Well, it’s been a few years :stuck_out_tongue:
But I believe the original pace I roughly anticipated is 5/year. Which I’m a little behind on. 3-4 per year is probably more accurate. I guess I get a little sidetracked now an then.

2 Likes

well for a 1 man job you’ve done really well so far

5 Likes

Arms done for now. Next question is whether to keep the colour scheme as is, or whether to try adding red accents.

8 Likes

Whoa, that head is insanely good! Nice facsimile of Krika’s mutated mask without looking mutant.

I vote for trying to add red accents. You could switch out some of the smaller teeth for red ones if you’ve got 'em.

3 Likes

I think some red claws would be fitting for sure, maybe makes his weapon red as well?

2 Likes

Added red accents and changed the lower arms:

Now I’m experimenting with weapons. I’m kinda inclined to give him a scythe again. Have also considered a greatsword, but can’t think of a way to construct one at the moment. Then while toying around with parts I came up with this, which could yield a nice shield. But what kind of weapon to go with it?

Any opinions on weaponry for Krika?

6 Likes

My first instinct is a rapier, he just has those gentlemen vibes to me

4 Likes

“Paladin” is kinda the thing I’m trying to go for.

I think the closest I can come to a rapier would be this:

Still should have it somewhere. And considering Krika is taller, the size might work out as a one-handed weapon if I shorten the handle…

9 Likes

I’m kinda torn on the shield. A shield seems to fit Krika personality, but the colours here don’t. The figure is black and white with red accents, while those pridak blades are white with large amounts of red.

I’m inclined to agree with Ghid, a rapier makes sense for him aesthetically.

5 Likes

:thinking:

The silver kinda doesn’t fit, but perhaps some options exist in white and black and perhaps even red to make it fit in better with some changes.

I don’t think the shield would have too much red. Some of it would be covered up, too, most likely.

Also, what about a cloak/cape? I think it might suit him, but the only place to attach one would be via those studs with spikes on the Rahkshi heads.

5 Likes

i’ll agree with Cordax and rukah and say a rapier would be cool

5 Likes

I think a cloak could work well. I think the rapier and shield could still pass as a gentleman paladin look too

2 Likes

Yeah, seeing it now, perhaps the other weapon should be black, to balance the red and white shield.

2 Likes

I was going to suggest a pair of large tonfas, as I think they’d be somewhat reminiscent of Mutant Krika’s spiky mantis sword thingies, but I suppose they wouldn’t fit with the gentlemanly paladin look

3 Likes

A small headed mace may be able to hit that gentleman paladin look. May be easier to craft a more curated color scheme too.

It could even look like a cane too, depending on how it is held

3 Likes

Had an idea for a sword design. Not sure if this weaponry really fits Krika, though…

10 Likes

Dropped the sword+shield idea (though not the designs - will most certainly use them elsewhere at some point).

Instead I ended up with a scythe again.

I feel it kinda works with his Dread Knight/Dark Paladin look. Are the little wings on the scythe overkill?

11 Likes