The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

Nah, I really like the flare the wings give. I can’t wait to see where you use that shield design though.

3 Likes

Current idea is a member of Pridak’s species. Together with the sword maybe, too.

Meanwhile sewed together a cape, and am thus at the point where I’d say Krika is probably finished. Contemplating whether to add a hood, but given the head design, it would probably not look too great when pulled up…
But anyways, until I get around to take proper pictures, here’s the before and after comparison:

Maybe I’ll revisit the red accents again at some point.

12 Likes

Fiddled around with some parts the other day and came up with this weapon:

Turned out to be a little on the large side for anything Toa-sized, of which I was thinking originally, so I took a look at not yet covered Makuta to see if it would fit anyone. Didn’t directly, but I ultimately settled on @MysteryMuffin’s Makuta Nebunie. The original version of course has a spear, but maybe I’m changing that for my version. Gotta see yet, though of course I’m open to input as well.

Currently, for Nebunie, I’m at this (+ original for direct comparison):

Makuta Nebunie

Had to go with different chest armor, as I hate using Inika shoulders on the front of torsos. Must be something about my building style that just does not make that work out. I think the legs turned out decently, though, even though unfortunately they do not get a full 90° knee bend.
I am also in the process of eating up a good chunk of my silver reserves here.
Will have to see about the integration of more trans-orange as well.

Well, let me know if there are any thoughts so far.

9 Likes

Super cool looking staff, clever interpretation of the lower leg ccbs shell

6 Likes

Looking good so far! How does the back look?

4 Likes

Might as well use this occasion for an update on the arms I just finished:

Back of the torso is nothing special. Will be covered by the cape/cloak anyways.

Now time to build a custom head…

8 Likes

I think it looks really good! When building Nebunie, I kinda envisioned a sleek but powerful figure, a rather stoic one who’s still evil. That’s def the vibe I’m getting rn, so no complaints from me. If additional insight into the moc helps, inspiration for the design (thought I didn’t really show it off well at first) was a sort of fusion between a bullfighter and a knight with a lance on horseback. If that gives you any sort of idea for what I was going for cool, though I know it’s vague. Look forwards to seeing how you tackle the mask!

6 Likes

I’m currently imagening a kind of battle mage/war cleric look for her. Don’t remember if the original story for her included any of that, but since she’s wearing both a Matatu and I believe her original spear had some Psionic damage thing going on, I found it neat to make her specialize in the Makuta’s Psionic abilities.
I hope my cape idea works out to get the “mage/cleric” look across, but that has to wait until everything else is done. Also have been experimenting with embroidery a bit, so that might be an additional thing I could try out…

But the head will definitely be tough and take some time, from how it currently stands. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Might actually already be onto something here head-wise. Angles are such a pain to get right… Too small at the moment, too. Needs more chin (and the middle section is not attached yet anyways).
@MysteryMuffin how do you feel about the horns curving backwards?

12 Likes

Personally, I would go for no silver on the mask/head. One thing I like about the original is how the mask stands out against the rest, both in texture and color, as it’s the only part that’s primarily black.

8 Likes

Oh, that head looks really nice, but I also feel like it would look better if the head had no silver.

5 Likes

It looks good so far! I’m fine with the horns curving backwards, it looks a lot more reasonable and realistic for a mask anyways. As other comments have mentioned, all black might be worth considering on the mask, though the claw pieces on either side don’t come in black… not sure, perhaps something you could experiment with if you agree.

6 Likes

Would changing them to gunmetal work, or would that still be too close to silver?

6 Likes

Gunmetal is what I was going to recommend

Edit: this post sounds weirdly confrontational, I meant it as an “I agree”, not a “hey, I was gonna say that!”

6 Likes

Gunmetal was also my thought when considering options. Though maybe if I don’t have to try to get any silver in there, there might even be completely different options for head design… Gonna have to see if anything strikes me as interesting.

5 Likes

:thinking:

But are you sure the colour fits? Then again, the cloak will add some more black to the upper torso, so I guess I could try that and afterwards adjust further stuff as needed. Goes also for the exact implementation/spread of trans orange. Getting the feeling that those Bohrok eyes on the upper torso are not that great there.

15 Likes

I think it works quite well. Gives it a sort of “haunted knight” look.

6 Likes

I prefer the gunmetal mask, but I think the exo force arm looked better as the front of it rather than the lightsaber hilt

I think it just flowed a bit better

5 Likes

But now it has a mouth.

7 Likes

I honestly prefer how the lightsaber hilt looks here. It gives the head a more unique appearance, and it does look like a mouth, like Racie said

7 Likes