The BIONICLE 2016 Bohrok Leaks Discussion Topic

Before, not only was boxart shown, not only was an entire stand shown, but a proper new mask

This only shows horrid redesigns for bohrok

1 Like

Good point.

After reading Var and Meso’s points, I have to agree that these probably are fake.

1 Like

And the fact that the website they were shown on, stated they were fake

yes.

but I’m always doubtful of someone just saying FAKE AND G(ey)Y, because thats what happened with the original BIONICLE 2015 leaks.

1 Like

As everyone has said at this stage, these are very likely fakes, however for a moment going to judge these on what they actually offer and refer to them as if they were real;

So, in terms of set design alone I like the general idea. Its bringing back a fan favourite from the old series with new forms. They still appear to retain the cockpit though now seem a lot more bipedal. They also possess a lot more colour variation than the original Bohrok along with seemingly different builds for the main body. The new weapon pieces on the arm of the water Bohrok look interesting, possibly attached to the CCBS shell.

Though these definitely wouldn’t convince me to get them all - as despite some interesting designs they seem to be limited in how many new pieces they offer. Chances are you could build one of these now if you had the right parts.

So yeah, if these were real then they would be a pass in the current form as demonstrated via the water Bohrok. A small improvement from the previous Bohrok if they retained the functions of the shooting mask and ball form though.

2 Likes

well this looks very interesting, cant examine the red one as the picture is so unclear, but the blue one sure does look interesting, do not like the wheel on it i think it ruins its design plus i dont think LEGO would use it to activate the function if they even were to give the functions, but those blue blade peaces however does not look like anything i have seen before (you can send me a picture of a set using them if they actually exist), same with the green and black thing in its head which is obviesly soppused to be it`s brain but the way the back is build its easy to tell that its fake plus we have already gotten a bit of info about the 2016 priliminary winter wave sets.

1 Like

I don’t think this is real. Besides, if the Bohrok WERE to be released again, Bonkle 2015’s destiny would just be to be an oversimplified and dumbed-down version of G1.

2 Likes

Well, I mean, they could do a cool new twist on it I guess. Same with something like the rahkshi. I think it could be cool if done right.

1 Like

TTV should have a discussion about this on their next podcast.

4 Likes

They Look nothing like the old Bohrok…CAN THEY ROLL INTO BALLS!?

I dont want the Bohrok to come back, that stuff has been done already (But the strange thing is that I want Takanuva back, so kill me).

5 Likes

I doubt those are actually real

I think most of us missed the original point of this topic. These Bohrok are fake. It’s no use saying “I myself think these are fake” over and over again. How about we talk about why exactly these leaks are fake?

Edited title -legomaster

4 Likes

No new molds. These are all constructed without using new molds or recolors. Every year of constraction has brought new molds and recolors. Also they don’t look cool enough.

6 Likes

I mean

skull scorpio is an official set, and he looks like that

so

y’know

6 Likes

One thing I noticed about the ‘Water Bohrok’s’ head it looks suspiciously like HF villain Dragon Bolt’s head mold just with that weird glob thing in between its nose…

2 Likes

There are a bunch of discontinued molds, that look to be the old plastic. (They don’t have the slight change in color between the old plastic and the new plastic, like the Guurahk blades.)
-Emerald

1 Like

I’d also like to mention the various rather glaring unprofessionalisms, particularly on the Water Bohrok picture. First of all, the very image of it is rather obviously a photograph of an actual physical set (or at least most of it is). Look at the glares and shadows on the armor pieces, and that certain grain you get from mid-range digital cameras. Since when has Lego taken semi-professional photos, even for confidential prototypes? Of course, this is saying nothing of the rather cartoony-looking mini-Kraahkan and ‘clear plastic’.

Then we compare the grain and resolution of that to the Bionicle logo up the top and the set details down the bottom. The logo is lower resolution than the photo and a little fuzzy - plus, would they really still be using the Mask of Creation for these sets? It appears they’re wrapping that plot point up this wave if the sets are anything to go by - while the text is super-high-res and rather obviously placed there using a raw text tool.
These three components have pretty obviously been thrown together in Photoshop or similar - and while I’m sure that’s probably how Lego does it too, you’d imagine that they’d at least have a high-resolution version of their own product logo and better-lit photographs of their own sets.

I also want to say something about the set number and the ® after ‘Bohrok’, but I have no idea if that is actually the way they are normally meant to be - they just don’t look right to me.

(Man, I’m going to look like such an idiot if these do turn out to be real.)

4 Likes

They’re fake because they’re not made by LEGO.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

There is no way this is legit. Biggest sign is the 08 feet and the random, out of place wheel. Also these look nothing like the original Bohrok… to me at least.

2 Likes

i can point out right now that this is fake by the fact that the water bohrok’s krana is literally a mask of shadows edited to be green. look closely. here is a picture

i musnt be the only one who thinks so, look at it, its so obviously the mask of shadows.

this picture was rushed ignore the bad editing

5 Likes