The BIONICLE G2 Headcannons Discussion Topic

I think that Kopaka disliked the bulky armor that he arrived wearing, so he asked Ekimu to make him lighter armor that didn’t weigh him down so much. This explains his drastic change in armor type between Master and Uniter versions.

7 Likes

After being attacked by Skull Raiders, Lewa’s lower arms were cut off. Ekimu, feeling lazy, just slapped hands on the end of them.

7 Likes

I think bionicle g2 should have kept the mask powers, like speed and levitation. Would have made the journey to done more interesting(also g2), dont you think?

5 Likes

I thought About It for a while And Realized They do have some mask Powers.
Kopaka Could Make Sheids.
Even Though That’s Tahu’s Thing

2 Likes

This made me so mad.

I always thought it was kopaka using his element to form the shield, but thats an interesting way to look at it. You could also say that lewa(2015)can fly because of his mask not because of his wings/axes. Would also explain why lewa(2016) can fly too.

6 Likes

The reason why Pohatu is so Kopaka-ish in personality on Okoto is because of all the time he spent with Kopaka back on Mata-Nui and he values those times so much that the memory/pictures of those times in his life have made an impact into forming his new personality (after the memory loss arriving at Okoto).

I also would say that Toa Masters are The Toa Nuva some years after the events on Spherus Magna, which is why they lost most of their elemental powers (cause all the elemental powers worked only as long as the Great Spirit Robot was alive/functioning and its extensions).

5 Likes

But what about Pohatu’s silver arm? Personally, I think it’s a prosthetic, and that he has PTSD from losing his original arm.

1 Like

I’ve always thought it would be cool if it revealed that the P.O.S. was blind, Maybe from sand, and his eyes are blue anyway.

ALSO:

look at this grave… It looks like the vahi!

4 Likes

Alright, there’ll be no shortage of these.

Like @EddyGould, I firmly believe that the Shadow Realm is run by Umarak. I go into detail in this theory in my fanfic Kulta Reimagined, found in the Literature section of these boards.

Some of the weirder ones involve the Skull villians.
Skull Basher was the high priest of the Temple of Time way back when in the City of the Mask Makers. He was from the island of Okoto and had nothing to do with the Skull Raiders.

Skull Slicer was named Kerlen. He wasn’t originally from Okoto; he came from a far away island was captured as a slave and forced to fight as a gladiator, á la ancient Rome.

The Toa tried to convince Umarak that Makuta was mamipulating him during the battle at the Black Crater, but he ignored them.

6 Likes

I always thought that The Mask Of Light was in Ekimu’s Door thing. and that Agil could be Takanuva. THEORIZE.

Should we add ‘.Why the Okotans left the City of the Mask Makers’?

Slight size problem there… You know, giant door, relatively small mask…

No. Just no.

2 Likes

Size? It could be on a pedastal in the room!
What would be wrong with agil being takanuva?

1 Like

Missed this part, nevermind.

Agil is one of the creatures. Saying that he is some sort of reincarnation of Takanuva implys the same thing of the other creatures being reincarnations of the toa, but since the toa are there, we know this to be untrue.

4 Likes

Well, We don’t know the exact origins of Agil. it never says he is directly among the other creatures and When would that imply that the toa were their creatures.

2 Likes

Two universes are connected, but they are not one universe from G1. The Toa are the same Toa from G1 that after some time have “upgraded” their appearance due to the more harsher reality they were placed in after the Great Spirit died and all their elemental powers went away like it was for the Agori (which is why they have more complex weapons than before). That loss of powers was more of a gradual thing that happened (which is why Tahu was able to get his larger stature back after he was turned back into a Mata form by the Ignika, and with the help of that Universes MoCr some of the problematic effects of creation were handled in those last days of Great Spirit power flux) but their powers eventually did go away.

The summoning of the Toa was abrupt without the Toa being aware of such thing occuring, and due to the effects of shifting through universes they had troubles regaining and jigsawing their memories back from G1 universe (this explains why they are so mentally young when they arrive due to them basically restarting to factory settings in a way).

In terms of the Masks of Time, Each Bionicle universe has a Vahi with slight variations (some masks are divided into two parts, in other universes the masks are one whole mask, in some temporally messed up universes there are no masks due to massive damage to them; in some universes parts of the Masks were made in very different periods of time like in G1, in some they were made at the same time, some even at the moment when the universe was created due to temporal manipulation…numerous possibilities as it is with universes). All of the masks are connected and can interact with each other. Due to their immense power and connection to the world itself their powers last infinitum (meaning when powers from the other masks in G1 stopped working, this one didnt). Due to that Vahi in G1 universe was heavily guarded with the most advanced security measures the planet could offer to deter would-be thieves that would ether use it or sell it someone else.

4 Likes

I sort of have my own story, so get comfy.

Makuta had always been a bit off the rail, even if his intentions were good. Fortunately Ekimu always looked out for him, and always kept him on track. The two had a very tight bond, though tragically Ekimu’s daughter, Kari was killed and Ekimu fell in to depression leaving Makuta to his own devices. With no one to watch over Makuta, the younger brother fell completely off the deep end and created the MOUP. Ekimu felt entirely guilty of his brother’s fall and felt that it was all his fault.

1000 years later, the Toa arrive and the story of the animations is very similar until they get to the ancient city

The Skull villains are all individual characters. Kulta was the King of a city that co-existed with the Oktoan’s peacefully. When Ekimu knocked the mask off his brothers face the city sunk killing everyone but the royal family(The Skull Villains) who were sort of mummified. For what ever reason, Kulta remained consciousness through out the 1000 years as he felt the flesh and muscle decay from his bones, and the Oktoan’s live on as a race while his fell victim to the dirt. Makuta’s spirit told him how Ekimu’s “betrayal” was the reason for this and that if Kulta could get the Mask of Creation, Makuta would allow him to rebuild his kingdom. Of course Makuta had no such plans. Eventually, the Toa and Ekimu along with rest of the Skull Villains, manage to persuade Kulta to do the right thing. He gives the mask back to Ekimu and realizes that while his Kingdom is gone there is another one that needs his help and agrees to join the battle against Makuta.

The Creatures are the spirits of the former Toa Team, in which Umarak was the Toa of Light. He fell to the shadows and is obsessed with hunting down the rest of his Toa Team who he feels betrayed him. He devoted his entire life to try and find them, but was imprisoned in an endless forest. Makuta then came to him and freed him, contracting him to destroy the creatures as they guarded the MoCo. Umarak clashed with Tahu and co, but stated he would not harm so long as they stayed out of his way. Unable to do this, Tahu declared war on Umarak but was easily outmatched by the Master of Shadow.

Umarak manged to get the MoCo but instead of giving it to Makuta, he declared he had no Master and put in on. Little did he know it was all part of Makuta’s plan. Ekimu tried to intervene but the Mask’s power was too strong for Umarak to handle. A now half mad Umarak was easily able to defeat the old man Ekimu and beheaded him right before the Toa. Tahu screams and begins to suicide charge Umarak but is knocked back by a large bright green explosion. Left standing at the centre of it is the hulking Destroyer. With seemingly no traces of his mind left.

The Hunter became Destoyer. A manic beast with no morals or reason. With Ekimu gone and the spell broken, the gate to the shadow realm was now open. Three demons emerged from it. Arcreia(Lava), Magul(Quake) and Vallik(Storm). Arcreia enslaves Umarak and she uses him to begin to destroy Okoto. Tahu takes one last bitter look at Umarak, but realises that his eyes are full of pain and regret. Tahu manages to grab the MoCr that was knocked back in the explosion, and is forced to flee with the rest of his team

Confused and defeated, Tahu decides he is no longer fit to lead the Toa and goes in to self exile. I wanted this ending to feel have an ESB feel to it. Tahu is alone, waiting for the world to end, Kopaka and the Okotan’s are fighting a losing battle and Umarak is now a raging beast who being forced to destroy his home. Pretty dark

As the first sign of the Apocalypse is coming(terrifying storm), Tahu is sitting alone in an abandoned hut, staring as Ekimu’s mask and asking him what to do. When he get’s no response he get’s mad and hurls the mask out the window, instantly regretting it. Suddenly though, the mask is struck by lightning and there is a blinding flash of light causes Tahu to stagger back. When he regains his sight, he sees a tall figure standing before him in the rain. She explains that She is Kari, Toa of Light and that she was the daughter of Ekimu. (It’s half baked logic, but basically seeing as Ekimu and thus light was gone, the universe needed to find some balance. When the MoCr was struck by lightening, it revived Kari and made of the Toa of Light.

She convinces a reluctant Tahu to rejoin the fight. Meanwhile Kopaka and the Toa are fighting a losing battle against Arcreia who plans to wipe Okoto of the face of the face of the planet. Somehow though, Umarak breaks free from his chains and heads towards a forest. He only has half his mind left and can’t seem to control his urges to destroy. Tahu and Kari encounter the trail of destruction, and Kari asks him what could have done this. Tahu simply replies that it’s something that has to be killed and draws his sword. This worries Kari, but they follow the path anyway.

It leads then to Umarak screaming in a cave trying to break the mask from his face by running smashing his head against a stone wall. Tahu is surprised by what he see’s but still prepares to slay the beast anyway. Umarak looks at him and in a gurgled, mutilated voice he say’s “Do it.” Tahu swings his sword, but only connects with the mask, severing it in two, leaving Umarak with a scare that runs across his face (Think Kylo Ren.) He body changes back to his Hunter form. He shares one recognizing gaze at Kari before he collapses in to her arms.

While Umarak is unconscious Kari states that she knew him as the Toa of Light and that the two of them had shared a strong friendship. She crafts him a new mask and a weakened Umarak opens his eyes. Tahu begins to decide what to do with him, but Umarak states he will do whatever it takes to bring down Arcreia who treated him like a pet hound, and right his wrongs for what he’s done. He also states that he is forever in debt to Tahu for saving his life.

The three of them finally reunite with Kopaka who is both surprised and relieved to see Tahu. Tahu explains to him that Kari is the Toa of Light and she will help them defeat Makuta. Kopaka his hesitant to trust Umarak, but Tahu and Kari assure him it will be okay.

With Umarak’s help, the eight of them manage to enter the shadow realm to finally defeat Makuta, but the beasts follow them in there and all of them get trapped. There is a big battle between them, but eventually Magul and Vallik are killed, leaving just Arcreia. She gets Kari cornered, but the Toa of Light struggles against such a powerful opponent. Arcreia is just about to kill her when Umarak sneaks up behind her and wraps the very chains that contained him around her kneck, strangling her. (I wanted to stress the point that while Umarak might now be a good guy, doesn’t mean that he’s a good guy.)

After a long battle with Makuta, the eight elements finally manage to defeat him, crystallizing him much like the Metru did. With no Shadow and no Light to balance the universe Okoto begins to tear apart. Umarak and Kari both realise the sacrifice that must be made and surrender themselves to become the new guardians on light and shadow after embracing one final time. The Shadow realm disintegrates and the six Toa are free.

The story ends with an aged Tahu talking around a camp fire to the children. He states that Okoto is safe the that the Sun and the Moon(Kari and Umarak) will watch over the island for an eternity, keeping is safe forever.

Sorry that’s so long, and it’s probably rubbish and has loads of plot holes. Still though, I figured I had to make some sort of story for it, seeing as we didn’t get a lot. Hope you enjoy.

6 Likes

I can’t tell if this is headcanon or fanfic.

I mean, it’s good, but, still.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, completely. Lot’s of half baked logic and sub par story telling haha. It’s a bit more fleshed out in my head, but that took me ages to write, so I didn’t want to go all out. But yeah it’s obviously a fan fic. I just hope it’s a decent fan fic haha.

2 Likes