The BIONICLE G2 Headcannons Discussion Topic

There is a thin line between headcanons and fanfics on this thread…but regardless it shouldnt be that big of an issue if our community has readily accepted MOCs as a thing.

2 Likes

Wow.
claps
That would’ve given so much character to many characters.
Ekimu being a heartbroken father/brother.
Kulta being a bitter king.
Umarak being a corrupted/“betrayed” former-hero.
And Tahu losing all hope in himself and resigning.
That would’ve been a GREAT story.

“You used this chain to take my freedom. Now I use it to take your LIFE!”

6 Likes

Ah thanks so much for the kind words. Loving that picture haha!

So First I want to say that I have not watched the final 2 episode’s of Bionicle journey to one only the 3 first one’s. Second I want to say is that I do know what happens in the final story SO SPOILERS for any one who havent seen it.
With this said lets get to the topic at hand.

In the final episode (what I have heard) the Toa sacrefice themselfs to reseal Makuta in the Shadow realm and turn to light and shoot up in the sky, and Ekimu knew this was going to happen all along, so whats my Theory well it is this, I belive that the Toa and Makuta is trapts in some kind of time loop or space loop,
Now lets examin the proff.

One.The Toa have a memory loss when they arrive on Okoto, only knowing there name and mission, this could be the results of when they first turn to light after sealing Makuta, after they seal him and turn to light they are teleported back in time or xros space and have there memory’s remade so that they are not to remember any thing about the future/other worlds they have been in.

Second. In the second episode they get vissions of the temple where makuta’s mask is hidden. Now it is said that it is because they connect with the Creature’s but maybe that is not the true resun for there vissions maybe they are memorys that the creature’s unlock when they combine with there Toa.

Third. The Toa knowing somthing bad is about to happen with the creature’s now this is explained that it is because of there bond with there elemental powers but that may not be the case, maybe it is bceause they have been to a world/time where Umarak where able to get the creature’s befor the Toa or they failed in some other way to get to each creature in time.

And finally Ekimu can see into the future/xros space when he was asleep and so knows how every thing would unfold and did not do anything to change the Toa’s destiny of repeating every thing all over again. one resun I belive this is what he said in the first episode/recap of the short the first thing Ekimu says to the Toa is that they are late and in the two last episode’s of the serie’s he knew what happend to Gali and that she would return he also knew what would happen to the Toa when they sealed Makuta again.

Well this is my Theory about Bionicle 2015-2016 hidden story line, that in a show that the Bionicle world now is in a loop and will never be able to leave it if we dont creat new destinys for the Toa and there world making new time line’s.

So what do you guys think of my Theory do it sound like it could be possible or amI out on thin ice with this Theory, comment down below and tell me what you guys think.

Kazuma out see you all at the next post ^^

4 Likes

For the record, this idea actually fascinates me. I would be psyched to write a fanfic on how the Nuva evolved into the elemental creatures after the reunification of Spherus Magna. Why not, right? And maybe the G2 Toa are just glatorian who modified their bodies so much that they were just as mechanical as Toa, and adopted the names of the original six heroes because of their admiration for them?

What if they were sent across the galaxy to a planet far from Spherus Magna, and the experimental faster-than-light travel fried their memories? What if their mode of transportation malfunctioned and they careened back to their planet of origin? What if Okoto is a post-apoctalyptic Spherus Magna, and the era of the mask makers was conflated over generations with the era of the restored Great Beings?

Whoa.

3 Likes

(NOTE: This head-canon is based off a connection between G1 and G2 of BIONICLE. Feel free to ask questions! :grinning:)

THE ORIGINS OF OKOTO, UMARAK, THE ELEMENTAL CREATURES, etc.
Before the Avokii was stolen from him, Artakha (a being of Crystal and Light) managed to create Agil the Hawk (Creature) of Light.

Then, when Mata Nui reformed Spherus Magna, Artakha used his Mask of Creation to create Okoto from remnants of the Isle of Mata Nui and harnessed the powers of Life to create a new form of Matoran… the Okotans, who began to build villages, cities, and temples.

However, during the process, the powers of Life discovered the forces of light were unbalanced. And so Skull Spiders, Skull Scorpio and other foul things emerged from the darkness. Artakha organized the Protectors to protect the Okotans from these evils.

Then came Umarak.
At first, Umarak was dormant, his only purpose to discover his place in life. When he entered a village, his tall and antlered appearance brought scorn upon him, and he was driven away.

Then he began hunting the Okotans, earning the name Shadow Hunter (Umarak). Then, Artakha built the Forge to make armor, weapons, and tools for the Okotans. However, he needed some help, so he took Ekimu as an apprentice.

When Umarak’s reign of chaos threatened Okoto, Artakha decided to use the Mask of Time and Agil’s light to summon the Elemental Creatures. He showed Ekimu the Ritual of Time, which would summon help when they needed it.

Then, when the Creatures were summoned, they began to fly over the island creating the six elemental regions. But when they started to become territorial, and threatened Okoto’s foundation, Artakha took his Hammer of Power, took half of the Creature’s power, and formed the mountain ranges.

Then, he placed the Creature’s powers into six Golden Masks of Unity. During these events, Artakha told Ekimu of the legendary Toa who had helped him in the past. Then Artakha mysteriously disappeared, leaving behind his Mask of Creation and Agil.

Realizing he needed help in the war against Umarak, Ekimu took Makuta (his close brother) as an apprentice. During sessions with Agil, Ekimu learned how to create Masks of Power. With the Creature’s crystals and his old mentor’s Mask of Creation, Ekimu created the Masks of Power.

But Makuta knew his Masks of Power were not as equal as Ekimu’s, so he asked if he could use the Mask of Creation to create a mask which would help him create. And so he created the Mask of Control.

Then, in a battle agaisnt Umarak, the Creatures united their powers to banish Umarak into the Shadow Realm.

The land was at peace… until Makuta’s Betrayal.

Now in the Shadow Realm, Makuta met Umarak and strived to make a Mask with power over shadows. When the Time of Unity came, Makuta finally succeeded in creating the Hunter Mask of Shadows, allowing Umarak to escape the Shadow Realm and control Shadow Traps.

5 Likes

I completely agree, but where do the toa come in?

2 Likes

From the magical land of Lego headquarters in Denmark.

5 Likes

I have a few ideas, but I’m still working on it.
However, since you asked, here’s what I’ve been thinking.

I think that by placing the power of six elements into the Mask of Time, the Protectors actually did summon the Toa of G1 (after BIONICLE Stars) by picking them out of time and placing them on six separate planets.
Then, when the Mask of Time was filled with elements, it shot the beam into the heavens, summoning the Toa.

But unknown to the Protectors, the Prophecy and the powers of Light didn’t just summon the Toa… it also created entirely new beings with advanced weaponry (like what happened to Ekimu in JtO), based off the design of those summoning them (explaining why the G2 Toa/Masters look similar to the Okotans).

Plus, thanks to Agil and the Mask of Time, Artakha knew what the Golden Masks of Unity would have to look like for the Uniters, similar to Ekimu knowing what the Golden Masks of Power would have to look like for the Masters.

Ask questions if you’re confused.

Very simplistic headcanons:

Toa were at Okoto before, hence why Ekimu knew them.

The Toa assisted Ekimu to build the Labyrinth in their first visit, which was used to guard the Mask of Control. This is why the Toa felt a connection to it in their second visit.

That’s all I have for now.

4 Likes

I feel like this removes a serious chunk of the supernatural feeling that surrounds the labyrinth; I like to believe that jt wasn’t built by Ekimu at all.

What if the Lord of Skull Spiders was a pet of Makuta during his mask maker days, and the shockwave from the MOUP transformed it into a fearsome monster, similar to the Ignika transforming Gadunka. After becoming sentient, it engineered the Skull Spider army and presented it to makuta as a gift.

3 Likes

OK, this will seem crazy but what if…
Okoto was created when a robot about 1/11 the size of Mata Nui’s head created by the great beings was accidentally launched into a planet creating Okoto, I made a picture so you can see what I mean.

(Sorry if it takes a while to load.)

Now the reason there are living creatures on it is because Arthaka is tasked by the great beings to recover the robot (this is why the ancient city is built right next to his head.) he successfully gets inside the robot, he finds many Matoran in stasis inside the robot, Arthaka decides not to follow the orders of his creators and instead releases the Matoran into the island. Arthaka, originally just creates the ancient city as a machine, but he eventually turns it into a city when he decides not to continue his mission. Arthaka originally took with him the Masks of creation and control, (The mask of control in my theory was originally worn by Karhzani until he abandoned it and it was passed on to Arthaka.)
He hides the mask of creation in the ancient city, and the mask of Control in the Temple of Control.
Once generations have passed and Arthaka has settled into his home in Okoto he takes Ekimu as a pupil, but he does not tell him of anything in the outside world. Arthaka and Ekimu found the city that will eventually be destroyed and turned into the Shadow Realm.
Arthaka leaves mysteriously but before he leaves he tells Ekimu of the location of the mask of creation. Ekimu finds the mask of creation and puts it on, he feels much more powerful than ever before.
Soon after he has put it on, Karhzani’s spirit finds Ekimu and plants false memories of a brother, Makuta, Karhzani creates himself a physical form and names himself Makuta as to spit in the face of Arthaka for not telling Ekimu of the outside world. Makuta, now that Ekimu thinks he has been his brother for the entire time, tells Ekimu that he must go in search of the mask of control. If Arthaka hadn’t kept secrets Ekimu would have known the only one to be able to wear the Mask of Control was Karhzani and that anyone else who tried would become a monster (Umarak the Destroyer).
Karhzani returns Triumphantly and is congratulated by Ekimu. Many years pass and Karhzani has made many masks alongside Ekimu, He decides on a plan to overthrow the Island so It may be a replacement for his previous Island.
We know he broke the law of using more than one element, but what if he broke another? There is a mineral forbidden by Mask Makers to be used ever, Quaza (I Know Greg said HF is not connected but I honestly don’t care and I find it should be.) Quaza is the essence of power, it can be used for good or evil, too much of it will turn you bad (Witch Doctor.) (Also, in The Journey To One Ekimu says that maybe Makuta could have worn The MOUP for good had he been well, “Good”.
Karhzani creates the mask and puts it on. Ekimu sees him do it, and knocks the mask of his face, Ekimu is pushed miles away to the edge of the city, He is in a coma that seems Eternal.
The Pieces of The MOUP are scattered across the Island.Karhzani is Trapped along with the city in the Shadow Realm. Arthaka, from his refuge, senses that Karhzani has returned.
He Creates six Toa identical to the ones he created Thousands of years ago. He creates new ones because he knows that the Toa are currently residing on Spherus Magna.
He tells the protectors of the Toa through visions while they meditate in the temple of time. The Prophecy is spread by the protectors to the villagers to give them hope while the island is infested by skull spiders. Then we basically know what happens next.

I am so Tired after writing this, seriously, I’ve been developing this Headcannon for a while now.
So, if you find continuity Errors. please tell me, I will be glad to edit my headcannon.

4 Likes