The Boards How-To Topic

I have that badge :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Totally not jealous

1 Like

Is there any way to make new tags? I’ve tried on several new posts and I cannot find out a way. Was this feature disabled?

1 Like

I can still make new tags. When I edit a topic, I can type out a word and press “create tag.”

Maybe it’s just a master thing?

It’s a master thing, yeah. Given how many Ghid tags exist, maybe TTV is regretting giving me this much completely inconsequential power.

8 Likes

How do you do artificial quotes, like this, over multiple paragraphs?

Additionally, how do you do breaks?

1 Like

what do you mean by breaks?

I’ve seen people do a break across their post - like a line.

1 Like

Oh, to do that, type in 3 or more underscores in a row.

1 Like

Three hyphens, underscores, or asterisks will work

-–
___

As for artificial quotes, that’s tricky, but can be done

"How do you do?" John asked.

“Terrible,” Fred replied. “My dog died, I’ve been sick all week, and I failed my math test.”

“Oh, cool,” John said. “That’s good to hear.”

“Thanks,” Fred said. “Hope you have a bad day too.”

And here’s what I typed:

<blockquote>
“How do you do?” John asked.<p>

“Terrible,” Fred replied. “My dog died, I’ve been sick all week, and I failed my math test.”

“Oh, cool,” Fred said. “That’s good to hear.”

“Thanks,” Fred said. “Hope you have a bad day too.”
</blockquote>

Yeah, you only need the <p> on the first line. IDK why.

4 Likes

How do I create a new topic??? I want to create a new topic in the “Ask TTV Cast” category as I need to ask a question!

If you are on mobile there should be a button right there

On desktop there should be a plus buttkn on the bottom right of the screen (if you ar not in a topic)

1 Like

No, I don’t have that. (I’m on a P.C. by the way.) Are there restrictions for certain members (i.e. ones on certain Trust Levels), where they cannot create new topics???

You have to hover over the circle.

1 Like

I thank you so much for your help! I’ve just created a new topic in the “Ask TTV Cast” category in these message boards.

2 Likes

How do you use upvotes?

no one knows.

On certain categories I believe there’s an option to vote. Not really sure how it works though.

On the #ask category, you can upvote up to six topics. The idea is that the more upvotes a topic has, the more likely it is to be seen and answered.

Least, that’s how it would work if anyone actually used it…

5 Likes

-This has been your local TTV boards expert. Please leave a tip at the cashier.

2 Likes

Ok, cool, I’ll store that info in the back off my brain then, since I rarely use the ask category anyway.