oh duh
I knew that

ghid
am i pants?

1 Like

You’ll have to take that up with your parents

too much lore
it would take too long

Dangit I already made the most recent post on the quotes topic.

1 Like

Jeez, we’re on chapter ten already, but the story hasn’t nearly reached its climax yet… that’s gonna be long.

Yep. Imagine simply going Your Way just to get kidnapped by some Strangers in the Night, who then Get Themselves Under Your Skin, do Somethin’ Stupid and Fly You to the Moon on a nuclear missile… That’s Life

Almost like nobody theorised about that over two weeks ago (me) and no akaku-wearing gentleman confirmed that theory under two weeks ago (Ghid)

*happy mad scientist noises

Remember when I theorised about Jethryn being six cats or Cordax holding Good Guy?
I actually was onto something!

That makes this Jethryn character even more confusing: the lower half is probably a user, the upper half is also a user, but this character as a whole is Hawkflight.
That’s cheating, Ghid, you can’t make a character out of three users! It hurts my head…

Anyways, I just noticed something: a certain rectangle-shaped vahki (or was it a vahki-shaped rectangle?) seems to be completely absent from the current events, even though chromeboy took him to the tower, and the poor lad doesn’t even have legs to walk away, so I wonder: was that intentional or did you just forget about his existence?

6 Likes

[sad rukah noises]

1 Like

My Kind Of Town.

If only I could also reference Full Moon and Empty Arms but Diero’s arms had a nuclear warhead. Speaking of, Diero, you’re holding a nuclear warhead dude, might wanna be more careful.

It Had To Be You.

Okay, I won’t. But I’m Not Afraid to.

Dear me, where could he be? I have High Hopes we’ll see him again, though.

The, uh… The Best Is Yet To Come.

2 Likes

I eat it.

2 Likes

vore

The power of the sun, in the palm of my hand

6 Likes

Ch 10

Chapter 11

Goodness, it felt like an hour.

An hour of these completely hopeless idiots staring down at me, unable to share their collective IQ of 5 with each other long enough to realize how horrible this was, or to realize how lucky they were that I couldn’t tear their throats out.

However, a counting of seconds told me it was only three minutes. Three minutes of psychological agony at the hand of the dense and droll of the macrocosm. This had to be a refinement of fools; a thorough selection of the weakest minds on the planet, specifically chosen by an unseen hand to cause me great discomfort by their presence. Oh, how I wish I could close my eyes.

Finally, at either the end of my suffering or the beginning of a new form of torture, Diero chose to kneel down and inspect my state of contraction. I was shivering most violently, and it rattled his thin frame simply to feel mine. His eyes lacked the concern displayed moments ago, which felt very odd - then it had been fully legitimate, but now that my plight had significantly worsened, it disappeared entirely. Was there something else going on?

“He’s worthless in this state.” The callous cattleman complained. Gee, what a polite choice of words! I’ll remember them at his funeral. “Jethryn, give me the box robot and I might be able to beat some sense into him with it.”

Jethryn looked from Diero to R and back again. His lower half, which he now clung to, did the same, the seething skull showing no emotion other than whatever kind of twisted enjoyment the shape of its head seemed to adore. He clearly did not have the weighted box which had crushed my legs before.

“It must still be with the bike.” R responded, looking back towards the tower. The moment he did so, Diero grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him down on top of me like a complete jerk to the both of- I MEAN TO ME AND ALSO TO HIM. There is no ‘WE’ in this, is that clear? None at all.

Two shots rang out right above my head. I could barely see past the giant pile of moron- I’m sorry, he has a name, doesn’t he? One letter of the alphabet, the letter R, pronounced as if you are clenching your teeth and seething with rage at the idea of being crushed under a moron of that magnitude. Unless there’s a different pronunciation in his native tongue of brainless buffoon?

Anyways, despite his best efforts to smother me, I could see something large and ominous approaching at high speed. It was the bike thing we had driven over here, only now piloted by that multi-armed thing with seething red eyes. Somehow it was lighter out now despite it being night, and it was very easy to discern this thing had a yellow, gelatinous core, like some kind of sea creature, its mouth tucked under its form, its body veiny and wrinkled as if the mass of it were one giant brain. Just looking at whatever it was made me want to strike up a conversation about the geopolitical aspects of Ghid’s policies just to refresh my mind from the pits of stupidity I was so frequently subjected to by my adoring peers who are still crushing me.

Finally R decided he had enough of using me as a mattress and rose back to his feet, allowing me to see again. The vehicle tore towards us at high speed, but it only seemed to get faster, as if this multi-limbed monster was attempting to ram the party. Most everyone dove out of the way, Diero backpedaling while firing both guns at the creature, but as it drove by it reached down and plucked me up with one of its eight arms.

I was rapidly losing my appeal for conversation with this thing.

Still, if an effort could be made, it would be a waste to have given up without confirming there would be no use. The creature hoisted me into the air and glared at me, its solid red eyes speaking only hatred and malice. My eyes caught sight of the approaching wide brim of my bullheaded bodyguard.

“Look,” I began as my incredibly shaky hand fumbled about in my pocket, eventually receiving a cigarette in return for my effort. “I don’t like to ask favors of friends of recent acquaintances… But, do you have a light?”

There was an uneasy rocking motion from the bizarre vehicle, and I saw that instead of doing something cool, like blowing the thing’s arm off or pumping it full of lead, Diero had hopped on the back and was not doing anything outside of maintaining balance. What an absolute stooge this cowboy was.

The creature turned the handle hard, and the vehicle rocketed off to the side, throwing Diero clean off. However, his spur caught on the mechanism of the rotating seat, and I saw his hat fly off from the impact, barely holding in between his forefinger and middle finger as he snapped at it to keep it from sailing away. The impenetrable darkness remained in front of us, and we were fast approaching it.

As we tore through the gloom I saw what had been the cause for the suddening brightening: ‘Day’ had broke in that little town, a massive water tower which had been repurposed into a garbage artificial sun, with a gigantic amount of led lights plastered across it. We were nearing the small singular road which marked the town, and as we began to approach, Diero suddenly bellowed, blue flames shooting out of his eyes and lighting up the air I had no idea why at the time, but I was mostly concerned with this slightly gelatinous creature and its many arms carrying me around like a sock monkey and threatening to beat me against the trees we were passing.

However, noticing the disgusting yellow fishy form of this cretin gave me an idea, which I probably should have reconsidered at the time. “Light me up!” I shouted, although rather feebly, as I was getting pretty winded from all the shaking I was still doing. Swinging my vibrating arm upwards, I held the cigarette aloft and heard the crack of ignited gunpowder. Bringing it back down, I stuck the now smoldering end directly onto the skin of whatever this was.

Ohh, that was a bad decision when the inhabitant of that skin was operating a moving vehicle. He spun out rapidly, tossing me in a frenzy and sending Diero flying off. I landed on a les than comfortable surface, that of Diero’s chest, as he had slid in his spin to intercept my fall. I stood, a difficult task, but I had to get to the cigarette; why waste a perfectly good cigarette?

The yellow eight-armed cretin had also been thrown from the vehicle, which had flown into some poor sap’s house and crushed the front in. He stood, menacingly, at the end of the street, while Diero righted himself and looked in utter revulsion at the now completely destroyed spur on the heel of his boot. Both fiends locked eyes, furious at the other, while I sucked on my cancer stick in silence.

Suddenly the figure unloaded two shots simultaneously, one deflecting off Diero’s temple and the other striking me in the shoulder. Diero looked at me with shock before turning back to the bizarre creature, which had somehow vanished without a trace. I was now lying on the ground, knocked over instantly by the bullet, and Diero stood over me, eyes running up and down before he found the bullet hole and dove his hand towards it, freezing two inches from making contact.

The street was full of people. Tall, small, all shorter than Diero, and all masked with Ghid’s unmistakable visage. Diero slowly grabbed me by the front of the collar - so nice of him to have variety - and dragged me backwards in through a door, sticking his thumb through the open doorknob hole to close it.

…Hey, this is the house I left initially. Come to think of it, I don’t remember how I first got here.

I also definitely didn’t remember those idiots chromeboy R and halfwit Jethro having gotten here in the meantime either. Regardless, here they were, and chromeboy was about two seconds from punching a kid. How gentlemanly.

The kid broke away in that moment, retreating to the shadow of the room despite his big yellow head making it obvious he was there. As I righted myself and glared at Diero he did a double take, looking me over sharply and ending in a sidelong glance of suspicion, his head cocked back.

“Tott?”

Ch 12

7 Likes

My guy, it’s midnight.

how do you muster the energy?

4 Likes

Would anyone like to take a guess as to who shows up in this chapter?

Well someone’s cst

Time does not tell Ghid when he can and cannot have dinner at 3 in the morning sometimes! I am a strong independent woman and I work minimum wage

10 Likes

oh hey, my son is here.

7 Likes

This made me laugh, thanks man

3 Likes

I think the squishy yellow guy is @Vile_Cephalopod
Oh I guess cordax appears in this chapter too

2 Likes

Hm…

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?!

How did R manage to leave the box on the bike, if he had like half a second before Diero caught him?

But I have some great news!

Tott doesn’t blink, which further confirms that he’s a cat.

Also, this is an epic moment:

Everyone’s favourite puny and annoying, yet adorable kid is finally here!

9 Likes

ugh, I’m now two chapters behind

after today school will be o v e r

3 Likes

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you.”
― George Bernard Shaw

How indeed, seeing as it wasn’t on the bike when it got stolen? :thinking:

6 Likes