The Book of Dreams

Okay, I’m ready to enlighten. So, basically, Eilrach has already appeared in this book. Here he is:

Now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense: Eil was a skeleton surrounded by green mist in the first book because his profile picture was a pair of skeletons and now he’s a set of bullets filled with that mist because his profile picture is a roborider face which sort of looks like a futuristic bullet.
We can assume that someone from the organisation Renner is a part of (maybe even Renner’s team themselves) visited the cider factory after the events of The Book of Ramblings and found out who had died there, retrieved Krelikan and collected the Eilrach mist in those bullets. It all just comes together like a puzzle… but the puzzle is three-dimensional, you have no reference picture and the pieces don’t quite fit together… anyways, Ghid is a genius, let’s move on.

Welp, Ghid’s here… looks like we’ll have to say goodbye to Diero, Renner, Cordax, Jethryn, The Lower Half and Tott in the next chapter. I’m sure they won’t be forgotten.

Edit: I have a lot more stuff to say regarding Renner, Cronk, Monopoly, Tott, Ghid, cat whiskers, height differences and book covers, but I’ll have to save that for later because this topic is getting so clogged up with crazy theories and nonsensical ramblings that it’s becoming really hard to search for actual chapters…

8 Likes

we should make a topic for that

3 Likes

Maybe that’s why Tottenham was so scared of it. Since he isn’t alive, the green mist could possess him

I’m not fixing that autocorrect.

5 Likes

I actually have a potential solution for that problem: Ghid could leave links in the beginning and the end of every chapter to the previous and the next chapter. That way people would be able to easily navigate between chapters without having to scroll through giant tirades of nonsense.
Organising that would take quite a lot of time though…

5 Likes

oh I thought we all knew the mist was Eil whoops

4 Likes

Yes, but here’s a theory. The Eilrach boolets once shot into they’ll someone instantly become a host to the almighty split skeleton man.

4 Likes

Eh, maybe… I just did what The High Emperor asked me to do.

4 Likes

oo very nice theory

That’s why tott is afraid of them

3 Likes

What’s Sans doing in the corner?

4 Likes

I could and honestly I probably should. I dumped the first ten links in at the first post, but then I got lazy. Thank you for the suggestion; I’ll implement that immediately.

Interesting theory, but it assumes a couple of things that aren’t necessarily required to have happen post-BoR events. Of course I won’t imply anything beyond that.

Finally, some good theory

Nono you should totally do that now or you’re gonna have too much backlog

The next couple of chapters (the very next one in particular) REALLY open up some cans of worms - heck, I’ll probably have the next chapter done by the time you read this.

Stop you’re giving me a stroke hbhllhhnlggnlgnlglggglllnbh

Interesting theory, but it assumes…

Ah, why even bother denying it. Yes that’s completely correct. Tott’s connection to his body is no match for the influence of Eilrach, who forcibly commanded and spoke through numerous dead bodies in BoR. Oh, and this won’t be the only time we see Tott finding parts of a room to be particularly lonely all alone and requiring company.

7 Likes

Look dad I did it.

5 Likes

wait

what are y-

4 Likes

I felt like I was having a stroke while writing that.

4 Likes

I eat them

Also I do not remember being dead canonically but then again nothing in Book of Logic made sense to me so ok.

4 Likes

Isn’t that supposed to be the lower half?

1 Like

my favorite sister

4 Likes

I’m so far behind that I think I’ll just wait for the ending before bingeing the whole thing.

5 Likes

its plenty easy to catch up, I missed most of the first one until it got into later stages, and I was able to catch up within about a week. (I need to read the last one and then this this time though, so Im probably not going to get caught up before this one finishes)

1 Like
Okay, let’s do this.

First off I’d like to say that Renner is a perfect, literally perfect depiction of myself, I love it. And the fact that you made him one of the more important characters is just… such an honour, honestly. I’m sure you won’t kill him right away in the next chapter, right?.. right?

I also had some thoughts regarding Chronicler and the way you’re going to incorporate him in this book.

So basically, this statement by Monopoly caught my attention:

I already theorised that the events of The Book of Logic took place in a different universe and this quote sort of confirms that, although it looks like Monopoly is currently in a bad shape and most likely driven insane, so who knows what’s going on in his not-anymore-circular head?
As far as I remember, Cronk died in BoL at the hands of The One to Trust (I don’t know if it’s actually true, I… uh… I still haven’t finished reading it), but what if he didn’t? What if he was transported to a different world, the one where the events of BoR and BoD take place in.
I don’t really have anything to confirm this theory, since I still haven’t finished reading BoL and might have missed some references to it in BoD.

As far as Monopoly goes, I honestly have no idea why Ghid is torturing him. Basically, He saved Ghid’s organisation by killing everyone who knew its dark secrets, so why would The One to Trust want to hurt him? Probably The One to Trust shouldn’t be trusted at all.

You know what the most horrifying thing is? That whisker thing was completely unintentional. The fact that you saw this means that you’re invested in the Cat theory more than I am. Doesn’t that mean it’s canon now?

Staying on topic of that little artwork, there’s something I noticed while drawing it: almost all main characters from this book not including Renner and Diero are bean- or shrimp-sized. I guess that you did it to show Renner’s impressive height without actually making him absurdly tall. If that’s the case, it just further confirms that you’re a freaking genius.

I like to think that Diero is about 7’0”, Renner’s 6’4” and Tott is like 4’0” or even smaller. Ghid’s probably 8’3” or something. And yes, I learned how to use your ridiculous measuring system… which is an achievement that I’m not particularly proud of.

Yey Uncle’s proud of me!

6 Likes

wasn’t that the whole message of the ending of BoL?

1 Like