The Book of Dreams

SO:

• Ghid wasn’t using the cider factory to create zombie things
  • Racie’s corpse is trying to kill me
6 Likes

Why thank you.

Ooh interesting

1 Like

and this is different from real life how?

6 Likes

wait no i’m not caught up wait no please noooooo…

3 Likes

Catch up or I’m stealing your 401k

3 Likes

Ch 23

Chapter 24

Where exactly did you send all the Ghids?

Diero looked down at me with an expression of disgust. I must confess to being a little offended by that - was it because I asked a simple question, perhaps? Did he just detest communication with me, seeing as how I repeatedly spited his boss? Or perhaps it was because I had hopped down from his arms and was now hiding behind his legs because of the mention of Eilrach.

Whatever possible reason, I’m sure it was totally and fully unjustified.

“You’re not her!” Cordax screeched, sending more than just his annoying voice as an attack by kicking the whoever-she-was in the face repeatedly. “YOU’RE NOT HER!!”

ALL WILL BE EILRACH.” Eilrach responded, looking dead into his blue eyes as he was lifted higher to avoid face kicking. “EVENTUALLY. BUT THERE ARE FEW EILRACH IN THE WORLD NOW… NEED TO REBUILD. LEAVE EILRACH ALONE, HE WILL NOT HARM YOU TODAY.

“Better idea.” Renner growled. “Drop the kid and tell us everything you know or I’m going to dice that body of yours into corpse flakes.”

Surprisingly, Eilrach did not take the definition literally, instead gently setting Cordax down on the ground. He had barely touched down before he was back on his feet, punching Eilrach in as many joints as he could find and reaching desperately for his knife.

“Stop it! Stop it! You’re not her!” Cordax wailed, tears still running down his face. A nod from Renner sent Diero to sadly collect him and also rip the knife out from Eilrach’s head.

“Who is this… Poor soul you seem to have collected?” Renner asked, Cordax struggling quite wildly in the immovable grip of Diero.

BETRAYED.” Eilrach responded, losing the unnerving grin and relapsing into what must have been the natural face of whoever-she-was. “SHE WAS KILLED… HAD BEGUN TO SAY GOODBYE TO HIM, THEN I-

Eilrach’s manner became far more concerned and human than it had been before. “I COULD TELL HIS HAND WAS OVER ME… I FELT THE PRESSURE ON MY TEMPLES. I WAS USELESS, I- NO PURPOSE IN MY STAYING. I WOULD RETURN TO THE TRAIN.

The glowing green eyes whirled towards the party. “HE!! HE BETRAYED US - BETRAYED ME!! THE MONOPOLY - HE KILLED ME!!

There was yet another moment of silence during which many of the dunderheads exchanged glances. Cordax just stared, completely flabbergasted at this accusation. I could imagine what must be going on inside his head - There was no actual way his friend, his pal Monopoly would actually kill people… Was there?

YOU HAVE TO FIND HIM.” Eilrach’s voice grew scared. “HE’S OUT THERE, LISTENING TO GHID, AND- HE’S GOING TO HURT SO MANY MORE PEOPLE… CORDAX, YOU HAVE TO-

From the shadow behind Eilrach came a sudden dark blur, and a massive gloved fist suddenly burst through the figure’s stomach, sending decayed spine fragments in every direction. Another one weaseled its way into the hole that was created and together they tore the figure clean in two, flinging the remains back into the darkness from which they had appeared.

I could see the glowing white eyes of Sonus in the shadow of the hall, but it did not hold my attention long. The figure that emerged was tall, just a few inches below Diero, and had an arched yellow spine, which reflected the low light in the room. The head jutting out of the shoulders to complete the curve was flat and sinister, with the slit-like eyes glaring across at the assembled group. His hands were gloved, as I said before, and his feet bore heavy shoes, while the existence of that long, black tail from before seemed to be erased. Perhaps it was hidden somewhere beneath that puffy coat of Monopoly’s he was wearing.

Oh.

“I don’t blame any of you.” Monopoly said, brushing the remains of the strange figure from his arms as he surveyed the group before him. “I’d want me dead, too.”

“Mister Monopoly.” Renner spoke, as if this sudden revelation were only emboldening his original goal. “On behalf of the people of this fair city, you are under arrest for multiple counts of murder, high treason, aiding the goals and malicious activity of Ghid, failing-”

“Who’s Ghid?” Sonus asked, painfully unaware of the situation at present.

“Um… White skin, no nose, completely bald… Old, ugly, has um… Two extra eyes?” Monopoly answered, gesturing to the right side of his head. “I think you saw him before.”

“But that doesn’t- OH NO!!” Sonus practically jumped all the way to the ceiling. “I DID see him! He was right there! The whole time I could have eliminated him, and I just- I just-”

“You know Ghid?” Renner asked, at least mildly confused at this sudden revelation and how anyone could have completely missed the gigantic individual towering over everyone else at that old observatory or whatever it was.

“Ghid may be his name here - he’s The One To Trust!”

Renner and Diero and Cordax and Monopoly - and Winger, who I had forgotten about - all exchanged awkward glances as if this wasn’t about arresting a murderer. “Are you stupid? He’s the one person you can’t trust.”

“That was his name.” Sonus turned away from the retort of Renner, acting gloomy. “He called himself that when he- when we all lived in that story… That world.”

“Hold up,” Renner started. “You’re from the artificiaCK-”

“Enough with this mindless exposition.” Monopoly had thrown himself across the room and had gripped Renner by the throat before tossing him into Winger. “It’s like none of you idiots have internal monologues. Believe me, they’re extremely handy at not going on tangents for hours at end.” He ducked two shots from Dieri and sent a heavy fist towards his jaw, only to recoil in pain. “Yikes! You’re tough stuff, buster. You eat your vegetables?”

“Dr- cough Dream: WILD CARD!!” Renner hacked out, sending a completely ineffective knee towards Monopoly’s stomach. Monopoly responded by gripping it with both hands and snapping it in half with a knee of his own. If you thought things were going to get better, they’re only going to get worse.

Strangely enough, Renner didn’t scream. He just kind of looked at it, annoyed. It became obvious to me later on he was at least mostly mechanical, but I was shocked enough to scramble to his side and try and patch him up, which just got me swatted away. “Protect Cordax and the other kid - Monopoly’s dangerous!”

“I gathered.” I replied, looking up as Monopoly towered over me. He had figured out Diero wasn’t immune to the laws of physics and after dodging his wild card threw him into the dark hall he had just left. Sonus was starting to get the hint and began shambling over, but he wouldn’t be here soon enough to help.

“I did what you asked.” Monopoly frowned with his eyes. “You payin’, or what?”

I responded by picking up Cordax’s knife - Diero had dropped it when he was yeeted - and after rolling between Monopoly’s legs twice, I buried it into the zipper of his coat. A thick, oily substance ran out atop the handle, informing me I had struck home.

Monopoly was so happy for me and my accuracy that he grabbed my busted arm and ripped it clean off. Renner made some kind of noise of shock, but it didn’t exactly help things.

“I’m going to let everyone know.” Monopoly threatened. “I’m going to tell the whole world about your little predicament. Those monsters up ahead? I’ll find a way to destroy every single one of them. Your game’s up. You’re finished. Nobody can stop me.”

A piece of rubble went colliding into his stupid yellow head. Cordax was picking up another one when he was intercepted by his target, who knocked him to the ground. With his right heel he furiously stomped on Cordax, giving him no time to cry out in pain, or for mercy, or for anything. He continued crushing every visible point on his body until there was nothing but a sparking, sputtering mess of electronics and fluids.

“You- he was…” Winger choked, clutching his throat in shock.

“Yes.” Monopoly swiveled two dangerous red eyes around. “He was.

Ch 25

11 Likes

uh oh.

3 Likes

HOW COULD YOU!

6 Likes

and that’s what happens when people damage my coat

6 Likes

I SEE MY NAME AND I WANT TO KNOWWWWWWW

ok ok I just need need to finish school

4 Likes

Ghid killed him…

4 Likes

I anticipate the future when I’ll have read every chapter and understand everything perfectly.

6 Likes

nobody is capable of that

not even me

6 Likes

noooo you killed Cordax. How could you!!

Interesting.

1 Like

no no N01 you’ve got it all wrong

Monopoly killed him

3 Likes

You’re right!

5 Likes

Monopoly did a content :cry:

6 Likes

That is an unfortunate habit of mine

5 Likes

So Cordax counted as being alive but Tott doesn’t?

2 Likes

hey racie I think you also died in this chapter

1 Like