ghid got a publisher?

7 Likes

looks like a knockoff to me

5 Likes

Missing a “The”.

3 Likes

Ch 24

Chapter 25

I think there was a life lesson of some kind to be learned from the circumstances present during this moment in my life. After all, I had some excellent tutors there with me.

An argument could be made about the validity of one’s beliefs holding strong and verifying convictions laid upon that foundation - you in the right, your opponent in the wrong - but I think the most important lesson to be learned here is don’t kill a Cordax directly in front of all of the closest thing he has to friends.

“He was the closest thing I had to a friend.” Monopoly began, his voice trying to appear menacing but carrying an undertone of sadness. Given the situation it was placed in I can only assume he was elaborately lying. “I’d be lying if I said I hated him. You were on the road to twisting him into your tool, though… I couldn’t allow it.”

His eyes locked towards mine. “I was a fool to ever work with you. Now look… See what you’ve done?” He swung his arms apart and gestured to the very dark room he stood in. “You’ve required these lives to be taken. You’ll likely require even more before long. So you see what I have to do, don’t you?”

“You’re still a great fool.” I pulled out yet another cigarette, holding it aloft. “And I know exactly what you have to do.”

Diero gripped him by the shoulder, but as Monopoly instantly spun about a bony knee was sent directly into his stomach with lightning speed. Before the brawler had even begun to buckle from the blow I bolted forward with a burst of speed, running and jumping upwards to catch the underside of his head as he reeled from the impact. The moment I gripped his head he threw it back violently, trying to throw me off while he sent a completely ineffective hook towards the deadsperado’s unmoving skull. Turning my shoulder at an impossible angle, I landed on his back and forced all my strength into tugging at his cheek. His head bent about at a dreadful angle until Diero socket it the opposite way, the resulting force ending with a noise like a gunshot.

It was different enough to one that I immediately knew what had occurred. As I tumbled to the floor I could still feel the sensation of Monopoly’s cheek in my palm, and I pressed against it as I rose back up. Its owner was trembling, feeling the void it had filled only a moment before, a slick oil-like substance running out of the gap.

“You can scream for me to stop tearing you apart.”

Despite not having a good portion of his face monopoly’s eyes were extremely menacing now, narrowing what they could in my direction. Renner had helped himself back up on the wall and was glaring over my shoulder at the insurmountable foe, now seeing he could be cracked. Diero leveled a revolver at the back of the arched spine, its yellow host seemingly growing larger as his body subtly shifted to a more dangerous pose.

“In your dreams.” He dropped to the floor as a bullet rang out at the space he had just been. Sonus decided to finally intervene then, jumping at Monopoly and glowing white hot, but the target bolted forwards and knocked me to the ground, aiming for Renner. Two more shots sounded, and the resulting cry of pain told me they had landed in Renner’s body. I craned by head about in time to see Monopoly grip Renner by the spine and with a guttural noise tear it and his head out of his mostly mechanical body, the dark concealing all but a small amount of the action.

My eyes shot towards Diero - I remembered how Jethryn’s lower half had ceased being after its master was eliminated - and to my relief I could see his mortified expression as proof he was still functioning. There was a cry from Sonus as he dropped through the floor, having stayed in one remarkably thin portion of the room and melted his way through into the inescapable darkness. Diero hesitated to fire off any more shots lest he fully kill his master. I saw the gaping hole in the floor.

Monopoly pounced again, running full speed into Diero and ending up as a crumpled pile at his feet. He was only dazed for a moment, as my attempt to reach the hole brought him back to reality. With two bounds on all fours he closed the gap, grabbing me by the leg with one hand and the throat with the other.

“Only chance we get,” I motioned at Diero, ineffectively swinging my free foot into Monpoly’s nose. Diero grabbed his master’s decapitated head and spine, Monopoly standing up and motioning how much tension he was placing on my body. Diero filled him full of lead. He toppled backwards, clearly not as wounded as someone with six bullets in his stomach might otherwise be, while I angled my personal descent directly for the open hole. I could hear the air rustling against Diero’s hat as he followed me.

Looking back up at the disappearing light, I saw Winger begin to dive in after us, but Monopoly’s hand grabbed him by the ankle. There was a deafening cry of agony followed by a loud tearing noise, and all was silent as we fell. Diero advanced on my position and clutched his arms around me, deadening the impact as we hit the bottom.

It was a dark and dreary place, down here. I had been here before, of course, but it seemed so foul and evil being here again. Ancient systems sprung to life at my presence, glowing orange tubes in the floor failing to properly illuminate the environment. I clutched the empty socket of my missing arm, looking around as if the thrill and horror of this ghastly place was unfamiliar to me.

Sonus shambled up and stared in shock at the spine and head of the former Renner, but some faint blue light in his eyes made it clear he had not been given the full blessing of parting from this world. I only watched its glow for a moment, as wallowing in my own guilt seemed like a much better option right now.

“Cordax is gone, I think he got Winger too.” The deadsperado spoke s casually it almost seemed like a direct insult. “'Course we already lost Jethryn a while back thanks to that vile thing with the eight arms, and Renner here is looking really bad. We need some way to restore his condition and-”

I could feel the wondering worry of his eyes baring through my back. Stupid Diero. “You alright? I know this is a lot, but we need-”

“You don’t know!” I barked, whirling around on him. “You can’t know! You’re just some stupid pet of some stupid idiot and you don’t think for yourself! You’re an obnoxious machine with a facsimile of a personality and you don’t care!! NEITHER of you care!!” I swung my lone hand about in frustration. “Neither of you could possibly relate to the slightest pang of agony I have put myself under, deciding to be weak in this way! Knowing I would be weakest there, KNOWING I would want to die!!”

“Clarify.” Diero coldly responded. It was clear he took some offense with my furious retort, but he refused to act in a way that gave me anything to work with. I stewed at him for over two minutes, sending death glares to both of those stupid Dreamers, but I broke away before the sob building in my throat had the opportunity to escape.

“Don’t either of you see?” I turned back, the glow of my eyes growing faint. “My son is dead.”

Ch 26

5 Likes

I CAN’T BELIEVE CORDAX IS DEAD :sob:

Sorry, got caught up in the moment. Well, I imagine now things will only get better from here on out.

Right?

that doesn’t look like me

3 Likes

me neither.

3 Likes

ooh a new chapter

heh heh my tott theory gains evidence
Also…

didn’t Renner have white eyes…?

2 Likes

Maybe the real Tott was the friends we made along the way.

6 Likes

if you think that’s evidence wait til the next chapter

boy there’s a bombshell comin’

who says that light was his eyes?

6 Likes

Or maybe it is the reincarnation of the funny moon sand creature.

3 Likes

that’ll be fun

eeenteresting…

1 Like

i can neither confirm nor deny allegations of Tott being filled with funny moon sand

not as fun as cordax getting stomped to piec-

wait n01inpartcular I was joking please put the little tikes cook and grow bbq grill down we can talk about this

6 Likes

I can’t believe Renner was actually part number 53570 all along

9 Likes

bruh

“what if he was just a character with nothing else”
-greg ‘the shadowed one is a mammal’ farshtey

5 Likes

well that was dumb of me

wait wait wait wait

Monopoly Man killed the narcissistic cushionphobic, and Tater Tott was sad about his son being dead…

IS TOTT GHID?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

5 Likes

ah so you’ve finally caught on
(to my theory, that is)

I can neither confirm nor deny allegations of Tott being the best and definitely not gone for 37 years looking for milk father of all time

2 Likes