The Book of Dreams

I have a theery!

so…

When Lesinchy revived Cordax, Winger, Sonus, and all the others, what if he also revived the chaps who died in book of Ramblings? (i.e. Pakari, Wild, MocingBird) The time of death didn’t seem to have a set cutoff date, so maybe anyone who ever died there is revied!

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. I think that what you said is what actually happened, because after all Racie and Eilrach did get revived and there’s also this:

I’m pretty sure that this is the closet that Bird had been stuffed in and It’s empty now.

And this:

A bunch of people joined the party while they were escaping the factory. Ghid hasn’t specified who exactly, but I’m pretty sure that Pakari, Wild and Bird are among them because they’ve already joined the fourth book and Ghid has to reintroduce their characters somehow

4 Likes

that makes sense

this is a joke don’t sue me

Edit:

Forget I said anything

6 Likes

Now accepting money to sue N01.

7 Likes

Ch 28

Chapter 29

Right, so, where did I leave off…

Under the shadow of the colossal foe they rushed forward, swept aside with absolute ease. Crab-like in its movement, the augmented legs smashed about, struggling to find their footing, crumbling at least one house as they pursued after the tiny Cordax. Hurriedly I bolted as well, having no means to handle the creature at the moment, only looking back once - in a fatal moment of-

Killing the mood, aren’t you? ‘what are you talking about?’ ‘this isn’t where we left off?’ Gee, I was really getting to the most eventful part of this whole ordeal and you had to go and ruin it for what, understanding in the moment? Disgusting.

Alright, alright, let’s see… The giant floating nuclear power plant, you remember that, right? Turns out that electric-operated creature living in the depths had been busy crafting and constructing or something, and out from the bottom of the facility landed three figures with their backs fused together - at least, that’s what it greatly resembled. The entity moved very much like a crab, all the legs operating in unison to move the combined monstrosity about with impressive speed. Each figure held a massive sword and looked down from eyes crafted from blue steel, tangled beards molded out of the cobalt metal scraping along the torsos holding them aloft.

He demonstrated his power by meeting the bellowed challenge of Eilrach by turning two of the swords upon him, the long blades crushing rather than slicing his form into a crumpled pile. The onlookers didn’t remain as such for very long, spring into action - some diving into combat and others finding a convenient excuse to see themselves away from the action.

Winger was awkwardly standing about, really unsure what to do - he was clearly capable, but lacked enough direction to do anything except be a target. I bolted up, sending a flying kick into his stomach, watching as he crumpled backwards and clutched his stomach in shock. I them shoved him violently through the door of the nearest building and shut the door; hopefully whoever was living inside could tolerate his presence for a few moments.

And unfortunately I was too slow to keep Renner from being sliced in half by one of the massive swords. He did have it coming, but seeing him die before… I was beginning to feel the slightest bit sorry for him. I should kick him in the face again.

So many people were shouting different orders about, one of them being the murderer Monopoly, who had quickly ascended the monster and was beating one of the large heads in. “Take out the legs, then we can outpace it!”

The deadsperado was pushing back one of the giant blades. “I’m working on it, just take the heads out!” Two more bullets were fired off into the nearest leg, which seemed completely ineffective. The third sword had been stabbed into the dumpster Ghid was rummaging through only to reveal he had been sitting in it the entire time, and now began to climb out and ascend the sword itself. it looked like the man himself was getting involved.

Had I been paying closer attention I likely would’ve noticed the yellow monster with the mechanical arms sliding under one of the rapidly moving legs to take aim at some more exposed internal components, or perhaps Racie about to break into tears from the shock of it all as she hid behind a tiny section of wall from one of the destroyed buildings, but my greatest concern at the moment was ensuring the safety of Cordax.

Ensuring the safety of Cordax, however, took far more effort than I feel was justified.

Kicking a large chunk of debris out of the way, I made a rush for Cordax, who was standing in the middle of the lane all by himself and holding his knife out like he was going to slightly poke the giant murder robot thrashing the assembled party. I dove intohim, catching him by the midsection and trying to roll him to safety, but he kicked me off and slowly returned to his feet. “You could have gotten me killed, Tott! What are you doing?

No, I did not say ‘trying, at least more than you’ or ‘I wanted to make sure I got a front row seat for your demise’, I’m not that tactless. I know he doesn’t exactly remember the one time he was totally murdered by what he considers to be a friend, but I was still trying to be courteous of the recent passing, however revoked it may have been.

I simply replied “I thought you might be lonely, standing out in the open, not doing anything, so I came to give you a hug.” Cordax was clutching his stomach somewhat from the impact, glaring up at me, and I shrugged back at him.

Fire was becoming the primary illumination, as during my escapades in the cider factory a large cloud cover had swept across the sky and blanketed the sun, becoming incredibly dark, as if nature was seizing the opportunity to water the incredibly dry land trapped behind the dark wall. I had no idea when last the soil there had tasted the freshness of rain, but it had not begun to fall just yet.

Even though there was a small moment of stillness during which I shrugged at Cordax again while he looked like he wanted to rip my arm back off, it was swiftly ruined by a terrible bellow from behind my back. There were words spoken, but they seemed to come from inside my head rather than the world around me.

The words went “You challenge the Aura. The one to trust is slated to die. Step aside.” All three of the swords pointed at Ghid, which was impressive considering one of the three figures was aiming his backwards. The closest two slammed into their target, who was now standing still and allowing this to happen. They didn’t even budge him.

How, you ask? Could you please wait until the next chapter for your ridiculous questions, perhaps? Sheesh, don’t you understand the concept of suspense?

Even if you don’t, I thought I made it extremely clear I am not in the habit of sharing personal details about myself, especially with so prying a crowd. You have absolutely no understanding of personal matters, like whether or not my coat is puffy (it isn’t), what color my mask is (cry about it), or how long I’m going to rant about your habits (until the end of time). You have only yourself to blame for this pestering and the consequences are yours to reap.

With that out of the way, let me resume my retelling of these grand adventures. The party took the opportunity of Ghid’s immunity to conventional weaponry to stumble back and refocus, unintentionally barring the way between the monstrous mechanism and myself. The tiny yellow eyes of the massive fiend seemed to interpret this as a measure to protect the most valuable of the entourage, and his words bellowed in my mind once more: “You are keeping him from harm. For me to wound the one to trust, you must be eliminated. I am sorry.

Hurriedly I plucked at Cordax’s coat before the trio of figures could finish his sentence, indicating it was time to make haste in the opposite direction. One of the heads had already been brutally pounded into a paste, Monopoly’s gloved hands still coated with tiny metallic shards. Now that it was obvious the monster intended to harm either myself or Cordax, all the party stood in place, a very poorly coordinated wall, determined to make the fearsome force back down.

Only Ghid was absent from that resisting force, as even the red-eyed creature had abandoned his previous cause and stood ready to assist. The dapper devil had scooted away from the action and was focusing on following my movements, all four eyes gleaming with delight. Nobody seemed to consider his presence or absence; the matter of a gigantic trio of blue men with large stabbing implements attempting to kill the small yellow lad was too pressing to have other distractions taking precedence here.

Letting go of Cordax’s coat, I busied myself with keeping up my own pace as the sound of movement behind me made it clear that the defense by that miserable party of morons had begun. Under the shadow of the colossal foe they rushed forward, swept aside with absolute ease. Crab-like in its movement, the augmented legs smashed about, struggling to find their footing, crumbling at least one house as they pursued after the tiny Cordax. Hurriedly I bolted as well, having no means to handle the creature at the moment, only looking back once - in a fatal moment of concern for Cordax, I may add - and I saw the titanic trio hurl one of the giant swords point-first towards the fleeing figure.

Even though I knew what the end result of the action would be - even though I told myself as I threw my arms out to shove him out of the way that it was all part of the act, to make people believe I cared and genuinely felt their pathetic woes - I confess to real, legitimate concern for the wellbeing of that obnoxious yellow imp. I did genuinely feel pity at having seen him with his brains bashed across the floor in horrific fashion, far more than any emotion I had felt at the apparent passing of the anodize airhead.

Then, of course, I regretted the action somewhat.

I had jumped and shoved Cordax as hard as I could to force him out of the way, landing myself directly in the path of the large blade. It pushed me to the ground and then had the audacity to spear me through the side, embedding deep in the cracked soil it had pressed me against. Cordax pushed his face out of the wall I had shoved it into and turned around, likely ready to give me the verbal beatdown of a lifetime, but instead looked on in flabbergasted horror at the sight of my body pinned to the ground like a very improperly placed beetle on a card. “I’m fine, just Whhoooaaahhh.” I said as my head began to spin. “Just get out of here, I’ll be fine, I just…

My voice was clearly waning, and the world around me was growing grey. My arms grew weak as they gestured for him to run, and my head became harder and harder to hold. I was losing my hold over the wooden body I possessed, my hold on this mortal coil so fondly appreciated by the weak and spineless. I would not be afraid to pass when my day came, but I struggled so long to hold this frame that my clinging to it became quite desperate. “I can’t go yet… Not yet, not…

Embracing the cold of the night was an unpleasant thought, and so I thoroughly wrestled with my unresponsive body as my vision suddenly blurred over. Had it ended? No, I still possessed some grip over my frame. What was it, then, that had smothered it so? I poured every once of my being into forcing my neck upwards and tilted my head enough to see the yellow glow of Cordax’s skull directly to my left.

Now my body refused to react, but believe me when I say I was frozen in place just as thoroughly when I realized Cordax was hugging me. Could it have been the knowledge he was about to lose me that compelled him to such an action? Or was it some guilt for that partially selfless act I had done in preserving his life that motivated him to react in this manner? He mumbled out some words - likely Thank you or I’m sorry or something along those lines - but I was already too far gone. What I did comprehend was a feeling - something I had already described as that invisible hand reaching out during the collapse of Monopoly’s home - it was hope. Though I lacked the physical strength to go on, I knew that some way I would - the day was not yet over and the night was held at bay.

Even though death had released its grip on my body, I felt the hard grip of another hand - unmoving, uncaring, all descriptions applying to Ghid, as strength returned to my eyes and limbs. I gave Cordax a small pat and he must have seen Ghid then because he jumped back in a frenzy, whipping out his knife and holding it underhanded, as if he would jump up and bury it in his throat. My strength recovered, I looked up at Ghid, whoo solemnly removed his hand and then rocketed toward the handle of the blade. It tore from the ground - and from myself, as well - flying through the air and slamming back into the metallic foe, which the party had managed to slow the charge of by lossing off three of its legs. They were looking worse for wear - Monopoly had clearly lost an eye to a large piece of metal shrapnel, the red-eyed hateful thing had lost two of its arms, Jethryn had lost one of his own, Renner had become Diero’s backpack after he lost his lower half, and Diero was practically begging Renner to use wild card and send this thing to the edge of the universe. Renner’s hesitation proved valuable, as the moment the sword returned to its host and completely destroyed the second head, an object fell from the nuclear plant.

Right then all the party members were acting in sync, Ghid and Monopoly rushing to the base of the figure as it caught the object - a ring of uranium surrounded by electromagnets already so hot it was melting the hands that held it - while Renner shouted the words Diero had been begging to hear. The card was thrown, and the minute it was Ghid and Monopoly shoved the figure upwards as violently as could be done, the creature ascending slowly upwards with the uranium still glowing in the stubs of his arms. There was a crackling series of explosions from the cider factory, and it began to plummet, a dark object exiting the front door as it did so. The two objects met just as the blue figure was begging to fall again, and it bellowed out what would be its last words: “You save the one to trust?! Redemption is beyond-

Daylight broke for a moment - then, it erupted into an all-powerful light and heat and force - but only for a thousandth of a second. The maneuver had been completed at the last possible second to stop the explosion. I imagine the sun, were he ever to come back in the form of Jethryn’s better half, might be upset at all the garbage Diero was sending over there.

Silence fell over the area. Nobody even seemed to react to the dark object landing in the street and revealing itself to be Krelikan, back in proper form. Interestingly enough, what drew people’s attention back to reality was the red-eyed monster firing off three shots - two at Ghid, one at Diero - and resuming his intended mission of killing everything on the planet while simultaneously hating everything. Props to the man for sticking to his guns, at least. That’s a joke, because if you may have noticed, he has quite a few guns…

Ch 30

5 Likes

I cannot confirm or deny allegations that yes that’s entirely correct

I cannot confirm or deny allegations that Pakari, Wild, and Bird are…

…among us…

ok

Oh yeah also, the trio of figures’ identity is probably really easy to figure out, but just in case it’s not clear, I hid the truth in code! I also hid the deets about another appearance in code in the chapter as well. Let me know when you find it!

4 Likes

I hate you

Why must you be so smart?

The description of combat has really improved throughout the series keep up the good work

4 Likes

ghiborbah

I make all the words count. I number them precisely to retain their meaning to the letter. Those who collect the answer will themselves be mega brained.

Well

I’ve also snuck a

Number of little secrets in the story as a

Game to those who look for

Each of them to

Refine their their big brains even further.

5 Likes

so tott is undead because of the friends he made along the way

Also is Ghid supposed to be an all-powerful being who can create and destroy worlds at his full power, or Winger’s dear old dad who rummages through dumpsters?

5 Likes

The One To Trust. TOTT.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

The mystery is solved guys. We did it.

6 Likes

If your whole world is a dumpster, than the answer is both.

2 Likes

Ok so I was the knife the whole time, nerds

That was pretty sneaky

Also I’m pretty sure that the triple guy is @OraNui

3 Likes

pretty sure that was a red herring

4 Likes

Ch 29

Chapter 30

It was an absolute massacre.

In a fraction of a second half the party was decimated by gunfire. All of those who were less than impervious to traditional firearms were either dead or presumed so. Racie had been hit and stumbled back through one of the buildings, crashing through the window. Krelikan took a good number of the bullets and managed to rip one of the arms off, but the yellow creature evaded further harm by backpedaling away from the onslaught. Ghid took the opportunity to shove his wire-like fingers right through Krelikan’s chest, dropping the robot in his tracks.

“No! That’s it, that’s absolutely it!” Renner growled, pulling himself off Diero’s back and landing on the ground. “Jethryn, I want you to-”

Jethryn had no time to react, as Monopoly suddenly drove his hand through the back of Jethryn’s neck, tearing his head right off his body. Renner looked in stunned silence for a moment at the sight of his friend gone yet again, even as Diero kicked Monopoly through the walls of yet another house. “I want- I’ll- Dream: WILD CA-

Ghid advanced with terrible speed, his arms moving like black lightning, to grip Renner by the throat and mouth. Unable to sound out his request, Renner could only look on in horror as Ghid’s jaw unhinged and the wire-like fingers forced him inside the darkness.

“That’s that taken care of.” Ghid looked about to see who was left. “Ah yes, sport, don’t you want to help out your dear old dad?”

That was enough to send Winger running for his life straight out of town. The vile creature turned to face Monopoly, and met Monopoly’s boot with enough force to split him down the middle. The mechanical frame dropped dead as its host was eliminated, and there seemed to be another wave of quiet as the first raindrops fell.

“A lot of people dead now.” Monopoly grimaced, clenching his fists in protest of his very deeds. “I hope what’s about to happen has been worth all this, Ghid.”

Diero was trying to figure out who to funnel his unyielding rage into when I handed him the paper. He looked at it, all folded up and indiscernable, but decided to chomp down on it anyway. The moment he did so, his eyes shut off and he slumped slightly, but they reignited just as bright as they were before. A guttural roar proceeded out of his mouth as blue flames crept from every joint, and his beady eyes landed on my own.

“Right, boss. What’s the plan?”

“The plan is simple.” I took out my last cigarette and a match instantly appeared to meet it, dry under the brim of Diero’s hat. “I need you to kill Ghid.”

Diero whipped out his revolver and leveled it at the figure. “Dream: WHIRL-

Boss.” Diero hissed, leaning down to hiss further. “You don’t have any Dreams set right now. You’ll have to figure those out later.”

Well, that was just perfect. I was counting on Diero keeping the same Dreams he had before so Ghid could be eliminated as swiftly and easily as possible. Ah well, I’d just have to get experimental with eliminating him then.

Cordax was looking on, keeping as much of a distance as he could while still observing everything. Monopoly eyed him for a moment, but turned his attention to Ghid, dropping into a ready stance. Ghid’s grin grew larger and larger until his face physically couldn’t reach a greater extent. “I trust the three of you will make this interesting, then. It’d be an absolute pity to have this be over with so quickly. I have to meet back up with Dadertrix- oh, you only know his as Fifty, don’t you? He was always such a stickler for using that alias as a way to hide in plain sight. At my suggestion, of course; hiding in plain sight has always been a good idea, don’t you think?”

I had quietly ripped off the tag of my coat and picked up a particularly jagged rock while Ghid rattled away his diatribe. Dipping it in the soggy ash of Monopoly’s former home, I wrote tiny, indecipherable words on it before running the message back over to my associate and jamming the thing in his jaws. He had barely consumed the note before the exposed fingers unprotected by his fingerless gloves lit ablaze with blue flame.

Rushing forwards, he sent a swipe at the arm Ghid raised in defense and carved directly through it, then sent an extended hand like a knife through the large teeth in his jaws, melting through them like butter. Both hands tore at the back of Ghid’s throat until they clawed their way through, then swept outwards and ripped the entire thing apart.

The suited body fell with a thud onto the muddy street. Diero held the top half of Ghid’s head as the flames dissipated, his hands untouched by bodily fluids because there were bodily fluids to spill - he had been a Dreamer the entire time.

“That’s that.” Diero sighed, dropping what remained of Ghid onto the deceased Dreamer it came from. “Now all that’s left is apprehending you.”

Monopoly stood, feeling over his ruined eye, the rain seeming to double down on its downpour as the two figures stared each other down. This whole situation is a real downer, isn’t it? Cordax had crept up during the standoff and was tapping me on the shoulder, shaking enough to bubble the mud beneath his feet.

Tott. Tott. They’re all- Tott they’re all dead.” He quivered, clutching me by the shoulder and almost knocking the cigarette out of the lower hole of my Akaku. “They’re all d-dead. And Winger just took off and I don’t see Racie but- Tott- is Ghid really dead? is he gone now? Is it over?

“I don’t think it’ll ever be over.” I replied, calmly, even though I could feel the sensation of my stomach knotting despite not having a stomach. “Ghid finds a way to keep on living. I don’t think we’ll ever really kill him.”

“We have to.” Cordax steeled, his shaking muffled under the hardened resolve. “That heartless monster who can callously orchestrate such killings… We have to eliminate him. If it’s the last thing I do, I’ll avenge Renner and all the others here. And everyone who’s ever had to deal with his-”

Cordax jumped slightly as Diero fired two shots at Monopoly. One struck his functioning eye, but he didn’t seem to mind, closing the gap remarkably fast and crushing the gun into powder. His free hand swung a fist at the deadsperado, and quivered against his sharp and unmoving chin. With the gun destroyed, Monopoly sent another fist into his face, the recipient of this attack folding his arms and waiting for him to finish. Then another. And then another. Finally he spun about and slammed the sole of his boot - hard - into Diero’s nose cavity, the force of the wind blowing his hat off his rounded skull.

Diero looked at it as it touched down and landed in the mud. I knew things were about to get real.

“Friend,” Diero bared his teeth even more somehow. “There are lines some people do not cross.” Another fist was thrown, but Diero caught it. “There are even some which have never been crossed. And lucky you, you’re the very first one.

Monopoly wrenched his hand free and sent a devastating hook towards Diero’s cheek. Surprise surprise, he caught it again. “Today we get to find out what happens when someone soils my hat.

Pulling Monopoly close, Diero bit down on the brawler’s face, tearing out a large chunk of it. Wiring sputtered as black blood leaked about, Monopoly refusing to give up his assault. More fists were thrown, each with greater force, and minor grunts from their owner told me he was starting to hurt himself. Diero sent a fist of his own directly through what remained of the head and the yellow spine attached to it, shattering the entire thing.

Monopoly wavered for a moment, backpedaling and looking about with his ruined head. Then he growled, grabbing at the contraption and pulling it off his shoulders, revealing a glowing blue orb mounted on two metal rods and surrounded by blue flames. “You have no idea how much of a pain that was to put back together.”

“I think I know about pain.” Diero steeled his jaw, beginning to walk towards Monopoly. “In fact, I think a demonstration is in order.”

Monopoly threw even stronger blows at Diero now, with enough force to send shockwaves through the air as they traveled. Yet Diero never moved, continuing his advance as Monopoly grew weary of the strength he was exerting. Reaching down, he pulled up a brick from one of the ruined houses and slammed it into Diero’s face, knocking him flat on the ground.

“I see.” He whistled, feeling behind him for more rubble. Diero jumped back up and practically bolted towards him, forcing Monopoly to swing object after object into him to slow his advance. But nothing fully stopped him, only hindering him temporarily. After the objects tossed grew in size from a few wooden beams to a ruined refrigerator, Diero vaulted over the pile and dug his stirrup into Monopoly’s chest.

I saw this movie once where this guy hides in one of those to survive a nuclear bla-

"I don’t care."I sharply retorted, too busy trying to determine the outcome of this conflict. Cordax sunk back behind me in disappointment that his fast fact™️ was not as appreciated as he hoped it would be.

Diero dug his fingers into the blue sphere, and it glowed for a moment, with Monopoly uttering a “Ha!” of satisfaction at the opportunity. But the fingers came back out just fine, their owner growing more devious every second. “It’s the sphere, then.” he grinned, grabbing the metal poles on either side of it. “Excellent! I just destroy these and you-”

Monopoly gripped his foe by the shoulders and slammed his stupid glowing head into Diero’s eyes for a moment. His hands struck Monopoly at random for a moment, but then went limp, along with the rest of his body. His eyes had been extinguished, and after confirmation that he was not offering any resistance, was tossed aside into the mud and ashes.

“Cordax.” Monopoly said, his voice ragged from the fight, but Cordax crept further behind me. “Cordax, I-”

“Save it.” I snarled, throwing the stub of my cancer stick into the mud. “You’ve lost here, Monopoly or Photez or whatever your name is. Your game’s over; you and Ghid have failed.”

The brawler paused, his body language conveying he was considering retorting with physical violence, but he chose the verbal route. “I would think I’ve won this boute, Tott. I know your little game and your little secret, so if you want-”

“April remembers the voice of September.” I interrupted his vicious retort with masterful calm, my words causing him to start violently. There was an uncomfortably long pause at that point, which ended with a snarl and an accusatory forefinger thrust towards my lack of a nose.

“I imagine we’ll meet again before too long. But until that happens,” Monopoly growled, looming over me much to Cordax’s dismay. “You keep him safe. I don’t want anything happening to Cordax, understand?”

“I understand.” My answer was flat and mixed genuine emotion with bitter refusal, hopefully in a way he could understand. He marched back through the city, making for the second dark wall, and I didn’t take my eyes off him until he passed through it.

“Eeurgh…” Diero slowly stood, rubbing his head. “That’s the second time that has happened. Does anybody know what went down during the- MY HAT!!” He tore towards it and lifted it gingerly from the ground where it lay. The amount of mud on it was minimal, but his breathing implied the crown jewels had been stolen. “Who- Who did this to my… My beautiful-”

“We’ll talk about it later.” I interrupted yet again. “Do you have any more Eilrach bullets left?”

“Sure I do.” Diero felt his pocket. “Thought I can’t seem to understand what happened to my gun… I had it when I went to kill Ghid, I know that…”

“We’ll talk about that later, too.” I sighed, throwing my hands in my soaked pockets. “Go ahead and gather up whoever is still alive. We need to leave this horrible place.”

I turned and almost tripped over Cordax, who was crouching down, nestled in his own arms, sadly staring out across the now visible wastes. “He killed those people, Tott. I thought he was my friend.” A solidly blue tear rolled down his cheek, mingling with the raindrops. “I don’t think I’ll ever not see him as a friend, and yet…”

“I can’t offer you an equal substitute.” I softly replied, extending a hand. “I’m new to the whole having friends thing myself. But I’ll be as much of a friend as you want me to be, Cordax.”

He looked at the hand for a moment, and then stood up on his own. “No. I can’t do that yet. This level of betrayal, this… I can’t be so close to someone again so soon. I can’t be so trusting again.”

I slowly lowered my arm, a little defeated. Anger seemed to bubble up inside my wooden frame, anger at the efforts made being wasted, while my logic and reason forced them back down. Seeking a source to expel the ruffling of my feathers, I turned about and saw the inhabitants of this town peering out of their homes in curiosity. I shot them a glare. They slunk away again.

Diero motioned that he had collected those he could find still living, and so I trudged towards him to help transport them out of this horrible place, this prison of mine, trapped with all the innocent souls who were boxed away just to keep Ghid contained. Just to keep one Dreamer of Ghid contained… It seemed as though Ghid was the driving force, the dictation of every event, his wiry fingers spread throughout the whole world, his reasoning explained in the fact that it was his. One formed had been destroyed; how many more existed? Where else was he hiding? Whose lives did he influence, did he control - how many stories turned and twisted on his fancy?

Every story begins with a hero, someone to sympathize with, to understand, to possibly imagine yourself as. Illustrations, animations, visual media enhances this perception, and each medium and concept exists in its own vein, but the original script - written words on a white canvas illustrated only by the fantasy of the reader - remains an entirely unique source of storytelling and crafting of tales.

And every person, whether young or old, living or dead, has adamantly stuck to being the hero of their own personal story; the one they write every day and illustrate with their unique actions and personality. But what if you were the villain?

Ah, therein lies the illogical fallacy, the paradox unfathomable. How could one exist and posses motives yet intentionally hinder them as the antagonist, the obstacle, the monster at the end of the path? You would need to be in two places at once, have two contrary motives at once; live two different lives at once. But still be the same person, with the same thoughts, intents, and goals? Paradoxical.

This might be accomplished by some inferior author as an evil twin, or imperfect duplicate, or replica from another reality. In the pinnacle of laziness the dilemna would be lazily solved as some cliché trope and hang above the author’s work as the weakest point of the whole story - the brainless, blubbering buffoons known for asking the ignorant question ‘What if this character was evil?’

I promise to you I am not so crude. My name is Tott.

The One To Trust.

The Book of Dreams.

Ch 31

8 Likes

Now before everyone comes bellowing in here saying I KNEW IT HE WAS HIM THE WHOLE TIME I TOTALLY CALLED THIS GHID I’M THE ULTIMATE THEORIST let me burst your bubble right now:

Atobe got it right all the way back at chapter one. I PMed him to make sure.

Get nae nae’d.

he was the knife the whole time, nerds

4 Likes

I figured out sometime in the middle I’d say:

yeh
also I’m assuming I’m Cordax’s knife considering that’s the only one with any significance?

Also…

???

1 Like

so krelikan came back just to immediately die again

4 Likes

You didn’t end it with “then he woke up. Thank goodness, it was all a bad dream!” And for that I am immensely disappointed.

woody-toystory

Good thing not a lot of people saw when I accidentally blatantly leaked Tott’s identity a few months back heh heh hah hahahahahahhahaha

I wonder if it’s a bad idea to read all of these spoilers while skipping over much of the meat (cordax) and potatoes (tater totts). I’ll likely reread the whole series someday (ideally before book 4 begin) so that I can better understand the story and join in on the theorizing and whatnot. :wink:

Though my reading of this latest installment has admittedly been fairly cursory, from what I have read, The Book of Dreams seems like a really imaginative and enjoyable tale, so good job Ghiddy; very nilp

4 Likes

is this all I’ll ever be remembered for

2 Likes