The Book of Dreams

It’s Fifty. Not sure if he’s supposed to be a user or not though

1 Like

I’m assuming that there are going to be thirty chapters, correct?

3 Likes

There’s also going to be thirsty chapters.

7 Likes

spicy.

1 Like

Idk depends on what ghid wants I guess

Ch 27

Chapter 28

“Alright, head count.” Renner said, raising his hand.

THE HEAD OF EILRACH COUNTS FOR FAR GREATER THAN THOSE OF MORTALS!!” The skeleton lord boomed.

“Okay, let me rephrase.” Renner said, gripping the bridge of his nose. “Who all is here? It looks like a few new faces have-”

EILRACH IS PRESENT IN THE HEARTS OF ALL WHO TREMBLE AT OUR VISAGE!!” The reply was boomed mere inches from Renner’s head. I sure am glad I never got to know this idiot, because if he ends up dying later I will shed zero tears.

“That’s really cool,” Diero said, shoving himself in between the giant skeleton tyrant and his boss. “Who else would like to exist? Anybody? Lemme just name out the ones we know of…” His eyes traveled the party. “Cordax, obviously Renner and Diero, Winger, Tott, um… Eilrach-”

WE ARE EILRACH.

“Fantabulistical.” Diero wormed his way around the obnoxious skeletal anatomy reference. “There’s some new faces I don’t quite recognize, though. What’s your name?” He tapped the girl on the shoulder, startling her back into reality.

“Uh, uhh, I’m uh, my name’s Racie.” She tried to answer while looking around at the considerable horde of weirdos assembled there before her eyes landed on Cordax. “It’s… You, you didn’t-”

“Oh, finally!” Cordax squeaked, cutting through the dunderheads to get to her. “You were all dead and stuff and green and evil and then you got tore in half and I was really sad but now you’re all right and that’s really cool and everything! What was dead being like? did you hear some kind of jingle when you died, like um how the heck does that go… Give me a minute, I’ll remember…”

The yellow hazmat figure had circled around the party and was communicating very quietly with Renner, who seemed thoroughly disgusted at the figure’s presence. I sidled over to eavesdrop, but it wasn’t necessary since Renner retorted at normal volume.

“And why should any of us trust you after you’ve made it clear you work primarily for Ghid?”

“I’m telling you, I only have enough charge for one more teleport. You have the option of getting rid of that factory or I’ll use it for my own devices; the choice is yours.” Fifty retorted, fogging up the hazmat suit with his words. “It appears as though you’re trying to stop some kind of monster or something, so it would be beneficial to your cause to have my assistance, and the offer should be considered.”

“Look out!” Diero shouted, throwing his arms out and looking up at the factory. A large shape was hurdling from it, and crashed violently into the ground in front of the party. Eilrach eyed it curiously before breaking into a terrible roar and rushing towards the crater of impact with furious speed, only for a large boot to violently force him back. A good number of those present got noticeably angrier when Monopoly stepped from the crater.

I quickly placed myself between him and Cordax. The yellow imp was about to walk forward, and stumbled back after walking into me. He seemed mildly offended, but I decided he was the one at fault for walking into me in the first place.

Diero leveled his remaining revolver at the figure while most of the party locked their eyes intently on his evil yellow head. It looked from one person to the next, his pose dangerous, before relaxing and shrugging off the situation.

“You all hate me, that’s cool.” Cordax tried to approach again, but I elbowed him back. “I can’t blame any of you, but I also don’t agree with your opinion of the situation. There’s a bigger threat here.” His arm swung towards the floating factory, which was fast approaching the dark wall. “There are still nuclear weapons on board there, and I’m fairly confident the freak running that thing is willing to use any or all of them to wipe Ghid off the map.”

“And why do you care?” Winger snarled under his helmet. “Last I heard you killed people, so why should this bother you?”

“Two reasons.” Monopoly said, towering over Winger menacingly. “If it kills Ghid, I won’t be able to wrench his skull inside out myself, but he will likely find some way to avoid it. And if a nuclear blast goes off, the heat will cook us from here.”

NO ONE COOKS EILRACH!!” The large skeleton bellowed, shaking the sand in all directions. “I WILL DESTROY THIS BUILDING FOR ITS AFFRONT!!

“I regret working with any of you,” Fifty sighed. “But I will do what I must to serve Ghid. Let us eliminate the threat of nuclear weaponry.”

With a raise of his hand, all eyes were drawn to his attempt. “I will remove the facility and send it to the sun.” He snapped his fingers once, then twice, then…

The dark wall suddenly disappeared.

“All of you are fools.” Fifty said, slowly taking off his hazmat suit, revealing a slimy blue creature. “Ghid’s plans are so far along there is no way any of you can interfere with them. You only further the inevitable with your actions. This nuclear blast might have been stopped by the dark wall, but that is no longer a problem. You will all be eliminated.”

EILRACH WILL NEVER BE ELIMINATED!!

“Cool,” Renner growled, locking eyes with the strange entity. “You really should’ve thought about this, knowing you only had one teleport left.”

Fifty’s odd limbs contorted into a spiral. “In the service of Ghid, the facts may be conveyed artificially to his opponents. I only had one for you.

There was a snap sound, and the entire assembled party was now directly under the shadow of the nuclear testing facility, now situated directly over the small town Ghid had under his thumb. At our arrival a number of nameless folks with Ghid’s face plastered on top ran for their homes, locking the doors after then. Monopoly’s house was still slightly smoking, and he gripped the sides of his head and groaned at the site.

“Which one of you numbskulls burned my house to the ground?” He growled, whirling around to face the party. Nearly everyone there pointed at Diero, the few who did not initially do so following suit shortly after. The deadsperado quietly raised a finger towards me, and I responded by pointing back at him.

“Those of you who are assembled, I give you the chance to leave.” A voice suddenly sounded from above, followed by a brilliant light. “If any remain, you go up against perfection itself. I’m too perfect for you to wound me.”

A violently glowing figure descended, and from the little I could see through the light, he appeared physically flawless, although his face was simply a slab with glowing eyes. Diero suddenly roared, eyes aflame, and the figure responded by zipping forward far faster than the crowd could track, returning to his spot with Diero’s throat in his grip. “Before I crush your breathing tract into nothingness, why did you bellow just now?”

“A gift.” Diero handed the figure a card.

The entity dropped Diero and examined the small card. “Perhaps you did not hear me. I am he who was flawed, bent beyond repair, but now I am flawless. Untouchable. I have no need for gifts of any-”

“Well, that’s over with.” Diero sighed at Renner as the figure was covered in blue flames and taken away, likely to the sun since it seemed to be a favorite spot of the cadaverous cowpoke. “Now where the heck is Ghid? I have a heel that needs to grind his face to powder.”

Cordax violently tapped me on the shoulder. “Why’d you stop me?”

“What.” I turned about, glaring at him for a moment before an image flashed back into my mind - of his head splattered and mangled across the floor. “What do you mean?”

“I was going to go see Monopoly, but you stopped me.” Cordax replied. “Did something happen between you two? He’s a friend of mine, and I think he’s perfectly fine- a bit prickly, and sometimes kills people who were asking for it, but otherwise-”

“You… You don’t remember.”

“Remember what?” Cordax frowned. “Goodness, Tott, you’re the only one to mention anything happening. He tore Racie in half, sure, but she was already dead at the time, and I really shouldn’t have thrown that rock at his head. he was only trying to protect us from Eilrach existing there, and- um-”

About midway through his response I dropped all pretense of my stoicism and embraced him in a full hug. I imagine now having two arms once more made that easier than with just one, but I never gave anyone a one-armed hug. In retrospect of the situation, I only now realize I needed that far more than he did.

He had instantly retracted his neck back into his shoulders and had an expression of utter repulsion while all his fingers were contorted in disgust, but what made me back off was the realization that Racie was looming over with curiosity at the mention of her name and completely killing the moment. I got over it by remembering her getting torn in half.

“I just…” I started to explain, but sighed away my attempt at caring. “I didn’t- oh crap that’s Ghid.”

Cordax broke free and spun about, yelling an inarticulate noise at the sight of a large figure hunched over a dumpster, chewing on something. An empty tin of peaches fell to the ground. The character turned, ever so slowly, his to hanf twisting towards the group, his hands formed into…

…Into finger guns.

“Hey, sport.”

Winger suddenly gagged violently and made every indicator that he was about to throw up. Every pair of eyes turned in slow rotation towards the helmeted figure trying desperately to retain his lunch.

“No.” Renner looked at Ghid and then back to Winger. “No. I’m misinterpreting this. There’s no way- you’re not his-”

Ghid gave the epitome of a comical shrug and Winger felt around his throat. “Y-yes, he-”

“WHAT.” Renner yelled. “YOU. AND HE. YOU’RE HIS- WHAT.”

“Give him a break.” Jethryn said, putting a hand on Renner’s shoulder. Oh, did I mention Jethryn is here? He thought he was being all sneaky by circling up on the group and being all ominous, but he was really just obnoxious. He was wearing almost all grey, and still had that horrible trashbag cloak, but look at that - he got his normal legs again! He must be so proud. “The kid doesn’t like Ghid being his dad any more than you do.”

“So there’s him, yes, and I’m sure you’re all happy to see him again.” Ghid grinned, eyeing Renner in particular in case he got any ideas about cards and the sun, but he seemed too thoroughly engaged in having a fit over Jethryn reappearing suddenly. “However I figured I should reintroduce you to a friend of my own.”

From the house Ghid had emerged from came a thunderous crashing, and out of the wreckage stood a sinister monster, solid red eyes glowing with pure malice, all eight of his mechanical arms circling him in mesmerizing unison. The suited suspect who had announced him had disappeared. But there was no way this vile thing actually thought it could take on everyone here at once, right?

Right?

Ch 29

6 Likes

ahahhahahahahAHAhAHAAHAHAHHAAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

sorry, something was in my throat. joy, specifically. completely unrelated to anything at all.

I cannot confirm or deny allegations that there will be thirty chapters

I cannot confirm or deny allegations that I had acid reflux because of this post

3 Likes

Hey, could that guy be @Axelford?

? could fifty be @Dadertrix

Also I think this is probably @Vile_Cephalopod

2 Likes

notahffan please come save me with your theorizing before I die of dead

4 Likes

What a coincidence, I was about to start writing a stupidly long essay with my guesses, theories, explanations and… some criticism regarding the book

6 Likes

but ghiddy don’t you like my theories? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Are my steamy Fnf theories that I’ve been sending you via messages in bottles not enough?

Actually no, I get it, you cannot confirm or deny allegations that you’re loving them

3 Likes

I’m fine with your theories, it’s just…

I don’t know anymore man

Highly anticipating this. We all know it sucks, but just how it sucks is important to learn and replicate in the futu- I mean avoid. and get better. yeah.

now you’re getting it!

4 Likes

weelllll…
he appeared earlier on in the book, so he got resurrected when all the other characters did. The appearance in this chapter pretty much matches his appearance in the other chapters.

3 Likes

GEE THAT’S RIGHT

and now I can’t tell if you simply didn’t know that was him the whole time or you did know and forgot

3 Likes

nah I was pretty sure that was him:

2 Likes

he’s been typing for half an hour

45 minutes now, either a lot of theories or I am about to lose my fingers

it’s been an hour. guys I think he’s writing a new chapter

my lands it’s been two hours - what is he concocting

Three Hours - it’s been Three Hours of typing and I’m concerned for his health

9 Likes

The image is primed and ready to be deployed at your command, my emperor

4 Likes

4 Likes