The Book of Dreams

Ch 30

Chapter 31

Fleeing, falling, drowning in the dark.

Light reflecting on silver, muted in the hollow of the void. Soon, the light fades, and there is no more. Tumble further, stumble further, reach out and plummet towards what is reached for… The ground? A solace in the night? A dream, a memory, or maybe waking from a dream?

A cold whisper. Ahh, the memory of a friend. But now it feels so distance, yes? So hard to discern the words stated… Or who stated them to begin with. Were they ever stated? Did words ever exist, or was it simply a faulty memory?

We must not have any of that. There must be something more tangible here, something to grasp, to hold, as the darkness grows darker still. Tomorrow will never come if today does not become yesterday. Otherwise the time does not cross, the date does not change, tomorrow never comes.

But tomorrow must come.

So the details must be found. Today must become yesterday, if tomorrow is ever to be today. And tomorrow cannot be yesterday until it has been today. It’s very picky about this sort of thing, see, and it needs that sort of solace. ‘How come I have to be yesterday? Can’t I just stay tomorrow forever?’ Ah, but if that were to occur, there’d never be an end to today! We need you, tomorrow. We all depend on your arrival.

Distractions, distractions. They all pull from the matter at hand. Can anything be remembered? Do any fleeting glimpses of memory exist? Any-

Oh, here comes something. Yes, a face - a face with a name! What was that name? It escapes, doesn’t it? Ahh, so close, so close to recollection and now it is gone! And the face leaves with it. Or was there ever a face? No, no, just a conjuration of what a face might look like or a name might sound. Nothing tangible.

It is beginning to appear as if nothing can be recalled - or that nothing may have ever been! Which means there are no memories to pull from. Is there nothing to be recalled? The first time something happened, perhaps, from the very beginning.

Do you remember your first word?

Perhaps, if that comes readily to mind, do you remember your first breath? The first sensation of being you felt, drifting through your consciousness? You existed before, no doubt, but the consideration of the fact - you were alive, beyond any possible doubt - did not enter your mind until with your very own lungs, you took in the world around you.

Well, You knew now about being alive, regardless. Had You been before? possibly, even likely. Otherwise You might not have known how to walk as You slowly stood. You had been created with a body - who was the creator? This particular indication seemed obvious at first given the fact that You existed, but the questions it brought about were so concerning. Who made You? Why had You been made? Was there any specific purpose, or was it the whim of some fanciful craftsman, bored by the inane rigamarole of daily being?

What seemed infinitely more important, however, was that You instantly discerned the audible frequency of some repeatedly scraping motion coming from nearby. What was worse, it seemed to match every thought, as if You spoke the words audibly and the sound matched every syllable. Undoubtedly this could not be a someone who was listening to those thoughts, as last You checked, those thoughts stayed inside the head and could not be detected.

Wait a moment. The noise muffled slightly. There was a tapping sound, which seemed to speak indecision. Then, there was a terrible crawling sound, as if some centipede was wriggling inside the ear canal, and the Chronicler appeared.

“Hello.” Said the Chronicler.

“Hello.” You said.

“I would greatly appreciate it if you described my appearance, but before any of that can happen-” He eyed You up and down a couple of times. “May I have the pleasure of knowing the name of the one to whom I am speaking?”

You thought for a moment.

“Tomorrow.” You replied. “My name is Tomorrow.”

Ch 1

8 Likes

what
what
what

Plot twist the entire book was just a dream

Well, I mean, it is, at least the Book of Dreams is done.

But I’m not done just yet!

You want those pesky questions answered? Well, there’s a topic to ask them now! Fans new and old can find the answers to the deep puzzles that perplex them about the books, why they are so bad, and why the heck I killed off Cordax! Yes this entire thing is a hyperlink because you can’t stop me!

I’m tired.

5 Likes

Don’t think I missed that nice little contrast between Tott and Tomorrow’s introductions

Nicely done.

4 Likes

Fitting that it should end on chapter 31.

I have a theory on who this “Tomorrow” fellow is

(I actually do) but first, Gherb, I know what we’re gonna do today in the next few weeks!

Ok fine I’ll do my homework…

4 Likes

uh oh

2 Likes

You okay Ghib?

You know, I left this site for a few hours to get some sleep and now I have an unreasonably colossal backlog to deal with… looks like I’m going to have to write another unreasonably colossal wall of text… again.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!

Let’s do this.

You said that you would hide a secret message for me in chapter 29. Tott seems to be breaking the fourth wall and talks to the reader a lot more than usual in this chapter… and some of those remarks seem extra specific. They must be directed specifically at me.
Have I figured it out? Or did my brain go completely smooth from watching too much anime lately?

Wait! Are you telliNg me that all thIs tiMe you’vE been hiding secret messaGes in tHese books?! Does that mean that I’ll have to rereaD everything looking for them?! Yes please

Ah, there he goes again…
So, the phrase about him being equipped to handle anything that doesn’t involve blunt head trauma was actually foreshadowing.
I joked about Renner getting brutally murdered so much that you went ahead and did it twice. I’m pleased.

Also, I like how you revived everyone in chapter 27 just so that Ghid and Monopoly could casually murder them all three chapters after that.

Especially Krelikan. The poor guy existed for one minute before getting uncreated again.

Regardless, it’ll be interesting to see by what means you’ll return all those characters in the next book. I reckon they’ll get reincarnated as all sorts of bizarre stuff in a different world.

Ghid is the triple guy OraNui?
@OraNui is that you?!

Soooo I’m gonna share my ULTIMATE theory that might just explain everything if it turns out to be true.

First we need a couple of facts and assumptions:

• Each Dreamer has a host, a person that controls it by giving it commands. If a host dies, a dreamer dies as well.
  • A host can pass on their Dreamer to a different person. (We saw it when Tott fed Diero a piece of paper that Renner had given him a few chapters prior)
  • Not living beings such as Tott can be hosts as well (Tott became Diero’s host)
  • Dreamers have extraordinary speed, strength and reflexes and magical abilities that are chosen by the host
  • Nothing can hurt or kill Dreamers other than other Dreamers and heat

And here’s the theory:

The fact that Ghid is a Dreamer explains his extraordinary abilities and why he couldn’t be harmed by anyone but Diero. But this is where it gets interesting: Tott is Ghid’s host, although he (Tott) doesn’t seem to know this. This is why Ghid seemed to be so obsessed about preventing Tott from dying and healed him when he almost died from getting smashed by that giant sword.
It also explains all those phrases:

And this is where it gets weird: it was stated In chapter 30 that Ghid possesses several bodies and they killed just one of them. Also, Winger is Ghid’s son, which must be impossible if Ghid’s a Dreamer. So, there are two options: either Ghid is an actual living being who somehow split his consciousness between several Dreamer bodies tied to different hosts so that he is harder to kill or Ghid is actually a Dreamer that somehow has several bodies and Winger is adopted (that’d be funny)

Also, maybe if you kill Tott, the entirety of Ghid will die as well, but I don’t have anything to prove this with.

I probably created even more confusion with this theory instead of actually clearing thing up. You’re welcome, I guess!

I think that this is true.

Yeah, this is probably something like: Tott became so emotionally attached to Cordax that protecting Cordax became his only life goal. If there was no Cordax for Tott to protect, he wouldn’t have clung to his life so much and would have just accept his death and well… died.
Although, keeping my theory about Tott and Ghid’s connection in mind, it might have been better if Tott had died, effectively erasing Ghid from existence.

I find it horrifying to think about that Tott and Cordax’s friendship might be the only reason why the greatest evil of the world of BoD, Ghid, is still alive.

The existence of this Q&A eliminates all need in theorisers like myself… Does this mean that the era of The Ultimate BoD Theoriser is over?!

I like how literally one half of this is just Monopoly’s hero/villain rumblings from the end of BoR and the other half is Yuo’s introduction from the beginning of BoL that you copied and pasted.

8 Likes

So is Tott a version of Ghid from the BoL dimension?

3 Likes

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughhhhhh

It’s hard to tell… Tott is The One to Trust, but also Sonus, Lesnichiy and OraNui called Ghid “The One to Trust”, so I don’t know who is the The One to Trust from BoL…

I guess we’ll have to ask Ghid in the Q&A that I wish didn’t exist

6 Likes

So did this end or something i’m having trouble keeping up with the story

1 Like

Yeah. This is book three and it ended. You’ll appear in book four.

3 Likes

go prison

Not really, no. I didn’t want to add the chaos of coding onto the entire process of making a legible story. Too much effort.

A name so nice you can brutally murder him twice
-Moto Moto (I think he likes you)

I told you it’d be interesting

• :heavy_check_mark: Correctamundo!
  • :heavy_check_mark: Also correctamundo!
  • :heavy_multiplication_x: Ooh, this ain’t it, chief.
  • :heavy_check_mark: Right again! Dreamers do have a limit to their maximum capability, but there’s a lot of room to work with.
  • :heavy_multiplication_x: Though I can’t blame you for this, since we haven’t seen any other source yet. Soon, though - soon…

So, since you’re the ultimate BoD theorizer and whatever, I’ve moved the topic to the HSH for the time being so you don’t have to look at it.

Nobody was asking relevant questions anyhow

I mean, you are right.

2 Likes

To the what?

4 Likes

You type good enough, you get big likes, you stay on the site like a decrepit slug with no life, you get access to the Highly Suspect Hideout, a masters-only club where it’s just filled with spam there’s nothing redeemable it’s all garbage

Although there is an Ask Ghid topic, so the truly devoted have a place of worship, but there’s little activity there nowadays…

Regardless, I’ll just keep answering questions here for the time being.

5 Likes

Seems like a perfect place for me…

I wanna become master now

11 Likes

become a master

join our cult

then you can ask me such great questions as

7 Likes

guy’s gotta do what a guy’s gotta do

3 Likes

you know, I speedran master once

my top tips would be

• Comment on every recent topic in every category
  • Visit the site every single day
  • Read the entirety of the current Transformers RP

although make sure to comment something decently substantial or the boys start flagging your posts for spam

7 Likes

crawl into ghid

i am simultaneously incredibly motivated and incredibly demotivated to reread everything and discover the Book of Ghid ARG

4 Likes

My questions were relevant! :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway seeing as I’ll appear in book four I’ll probaby get something answered at least…