The Book of Dreams

tomorrow never knows

tomorrow never arrives

1 Like

So can someone (preferably Ghid) explain what BoL is in the BoD universe?

1 Like

ngl the part where Monopoly duels Diero near the end was one of my favorite parts of the book

1 Like

That whole thing will become more apparent in book 4 (as is probably obvious by the last chapter). I liked the idea of creating a new, original character in the form of Yuo to represent the reader, and I hope Tomorrow will fulfill the same purpose.

4 Likes

ā€¦eeenteresting

It seems I had a pretty hands off role in all this all things considered

1 Like

well I mean you kind of were the hands on a character at one point.

3 Likes

I donā€™t like to have the main characters stay the central focus of the dialogue and get more attention than other users two stories in a row. I fear that may change with the fourth book, since cordaxā€™s inclusion is very popular (as well as Dieroā€™s).

6 Likes
3 Likes

So Iā€™m only on chapter 22, but I have some criticisms. When Iā€™m reading this I get very little sense for the world or even the surrounding area. Iā€™m not asking for paragraphs of exposition shoving info down my throat. But as Iā€™m reading I get very little sense for where the characters are. Iā€™m constantly finding that I visualize them in a black void. I have no understanding of what this world is, what it looks like, or what people do in it.

I also think the story becomes incoherent at times. Stuff just happens and I donā€™t understand how as reader to visualize it. I also donā€™t think these chapters do a good job of making clear what the goals or motivations of characters are. Iā€™m not saying that you spell everything for no reason, but the characters seem rather directionless overall. It feels like theyā€™re just doing whatever comes to mind in the moment which I donā€™t think is what you were trying to go for. It really doesnā€™t help that obstacles seem to just appear from the aether with no explanation.

I know you wanted some criticisms, Ghid, so I hope this helps.

7 Likes

It is a good thing that the next book will take place exclusively in a black void

5 Likes

Does the next story take place inside of Ghidā€™s heart?

by that I mean ghid the character, not the person

6 Likes

You should know by now that all of my stories are from the heart

3 Likes

Does Ghidā€™s heart taste like cow heart?

I hope so

4 Likes

w-why do you hope this is the case

3 Likes

As an ex-master, I can tell you that itā€™s not worth it.

@Ghid You clearly have not tried cow heart.

3 Likes

I never thought there would be a day that Ghid appeared sane

3 Likes

but it is :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

that implies you have

3 Likes

You probably shouldnā€™t read my older posts then :stuck_out_tongue:

@Rukah I have actually eaten them.

3 Likes