“The Book of Ramblings” fanart

So, recently I read a total work of art called “The Book of Ramblings” written by @Ghid, the High Emperor himself and decided to draw some characters from it… and ended up drawing an entire book cover for it!

All characters from the book were based on actual TTV Message Boards users, so left to right we have: @Krelikan, @wild_toa (glowing blob), @Pakari, @Monopoly, @Cordax, @Winger, @Racie02 and, of course, Ghid on top.

I based the characters’ appearances both on their descriptions from the book and the profile pictures of the users:

• Krelikan: he is literally vahki Rorzakh with hands… well, he is supposed to be Rorzakh, but I was so sure that Krelikan’s profile picture was a Bordakh that I didn’t even bother to check. But Bordakh’s colour scheme is a lot more interesting, so there’s no way I’m changing that.

• Wild: nothing interesting about this one, honestly. He’s just a squiggly line (you can imagine a tiny Tahu lavasurfing on it, if you want), which is accurate to the book.

• Pakari was a hard one because there was next to no description of his appearance in the book and the profile picture didn’t help at all, so I had to improvise. I gave Pakari futuristic knight armour with Onua’s colour scheme.

• Monopoly: this is a direct representation of his appearance from the book.

• Cordax is… Cordax… with a knife. Nothing to add here.

• Winger: he is a teal mandalorian. The only difficulty was to recall what mandalorians look like.

• Racie: a simple one. Her design was heavily based on her profile picture.

• Ghid: there was barely any description of his appearance in the book. There’s evidence on what Ghid actually looks like, but that’s too much for adequate people to handle, so my interpretation is greatly toned down: he is a demonic businessman of sorts.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t include other characters in my illustration, because it was already getting too cluttered… and I didn’t want to draw a giant skeleton with his head split in half.

I might draw a book cover for The Book of Logic when Ghid actually finishes it.

Well, that’s it for now, your constructive criticism and opinion about the drawing are appreciated, as always! Thanks for viewing!

31 Likes

yessssss
this is great

4 Likes

It looks amazing.
I’m sure Ghiddy will appreciate it.

5 Likes

How have i never read this amazing story. what a great artwork as well.

2 Likes

read it
now

3 Likes

DUDE.

I look cool AF!!

I technically had the same appearance as my self-MOC Ghar, but this is way cooler and a lot more fitting for my character in the book.

Really appreciate this, man. Everyone looks really awesome, and you did a great job!

10 Likes

This is the only time you will find me saying these words

this is kinda poggers.

8 Likes

What the heck this is amazing

3 Likes

ok ok boss ill read it

also why does noone make origin of zork fanart
2 Likes

probably because yours has too many characters

3 Likes

This is AWESOME!!! :smiley:
I really admire the comradery you lot share! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. Bordakh was absolutely the best choice for me. Everyone looks great too. Ghid is actually disturbing, but a perfect representation.

3 Likes

time to kill off Rupynn then, was gonna do that a little later but what the heck

1 Like

oh hey, i’m a corpse in that

5 Likes

smh should’ve drawn a Birb corpse 0/10

4 Likes

yes, just yes

Edit: I may or may not now be interested in a comic-style version of it now

5 Likes

So I come back from what has generally been a pretty awful day to have my jaw disconnect from my head and shatter into a million pieces, never to return to its resting place

You’re either completely insane and in desperate need of therapy or you’re the greatest person in existence because this is absolutely FANTASTIC. The level of detail on Krelikan and Pakari is honestly stunning, and the dark and moody atmosphere of the piece highlights the existence of Wild all the better.

And Cordax.

Just… Everything about Cordax in this is perfect.

There are a couple areas that aren’t the best including yours truly looking like mads mikkelsen got his face sandwiched by a 1975 maserati bora 4.7 litre and a 1960 taraschi formula junior but this story is way, way, waaay too lame to receive fanart of this quality, and I don’t deserve your incredible efforts here. Thank you so much.

13 Likes

Well you made me want to read the story now. This art is so nice.

4 Likes

The story’s pretty good.
despite the fact that I am not in it

3 Likes

4 Likes