2 Likes

ask away I have nothing better to do except cry

yes, Cordax.

you will be very helpful indeed.

3 Likes

“Helpful”

4 Likes

Chapter 11

The figure had to be ten, maybe eleven feet tall? Closer to eleven if you were remembering your own height accurately. The air immediately gaining a thick green hue didn’t help your identification either, but your primary concern inhibited the most in your analysis of the strange entity.

Your primary concern was that you had been thrown into the ceiling with enough force to crack open your ribs and spill your guts all over the room.

But even this assessment was faulty, and with a rational calm you detailed the most significant issues with this theorem and why it simply must be in error.

-You are not in possession of internal organs, or at least not the floppy, slimy, gross organic kind.

-The ceiling had immediately given way under the pressure of the impact and you were crammed into a knotted mess of piping and wires, piping which judging by the awful smell were ferrying natural gas.

-There was a probably eleven foot skeleton man rushing up through the air making a desperate grab for your throat, and due to your current situation you were not in any position to stop him. He would not be doing this if your guts were all over the room, as he would likely be eating them or something.

In the second of time as the skeleton man ascended swiftly towards your body, he gave a garbled shout resembling the word ‘food’ or ‘fool’ or maybe ‘foodle’ which was at least slightly out of place assuming the eleven foot skeleton man currently rushing you was not aware of that dog crossbreed. Or maybe he was? Could he perhaps be attempting to avenge the foodle of his great aunt’s which actually died from old age and not, as he was lead to believe, at the hands of an assassin from a secret underground society bent on the elimination of all foodles?

Regardless, you could question him on the foodles later. Right now what mattered was bringing your hand down on his large, reflective skull and golden headdress which seemed too large for even him. He seemed preoccupied trying to somehow rip your throat out from under a tangle of piping, so you waited until he had somewhat freed you from your prison, and then-

Why do they call it a karate chop, anyway? It’s not like it was invented back then, it’s just a downwards swiping motion with the extended digits. Probably ‘invented’ long before any sort of martial art was- okay, whatever, you get the idea.

The two of you collapsed back to the floor, you in a superhero landing position and him in a crumpled pile, with his head and neck split clean down the middle. Such was the long-prophecied coming of Eilrach, and such was its swift end.

You slowly stood and cracked your fingers while the way scenarios could play out after this point raced through your head… Could you use the aftermath of him getting killed as a weapon to force Pakari to accept the preferred outcome of the situation? Could…

…Could Cordax stop hiding behind your left leg and let Pakari grab him by the throat already?

You sidestepped to the right, allowing the terrified Cordax to get throttled by the very angry Pakari, who ripped him to pieces with a chain of evil-sounding threats involving mortal injuries being suffered and disconnected limbs going down the windpipe, among other things. You calmly adjusted the sleeves on your coat over and over until Pakari was finished and Cordax was shivering so violently the carpet was wearing away under his feet.

“Cool.” Winger mumbled, beginning to get used to sudden shock and people screaming out threats defying the geneva conventions. “Who in the heck was this?”

“Eilrach.” Zero hissed, crouching into what could only be described as the ready stance of a turtle. “You killed him, which means his soul will seep into whatever other body he can find. Specifically, the one he just left.”

"So that’s how that worked."You muttered, rubbing your rounded chin as if you really had no idea prior to this. “Why exactly was he brought along?”

“Because,” Pakari grunted, still trying to calm down. “What the powers that be say to do, you do without asking stupid questions that will get you killed. Ack-HhkG!!”

I know, I know. ‘But why did he say Ack-Hhkg! all of a sudden? is he going to die finally?’ Yikes, keep your shirt on, goodness. You may have noticed what Zero said, right? If not, you can reread. I’m not paraphrasing for you.

The outstretched skeletal arm tossed Pakari across the room by the throat, with considerably less force than it had thrown you into the ceiling. Was he giving you special treatment? How kind of him.

Zero zipped forward so fast you couldn’t see him move, but only after he came to a stop in midair did you notice Wild was also trapped; both were caught in the telekinetic grip of the angry skeleton man who… Was looking at them with both halves of his head. He didn’t seen to notice Cordax run past him and into the service elevator, where he likely cried into his palms and tried to pretend he wasn’t there. Really, you had no idea what he was doing.

The eleven foot skeleton man cast his opponents back with a swing of his arm, reeling his head back in preparation of a mighty shout. “I AM EILRA-”

“WHAT?” Both halves of the head turned to look at each other. “NO, I’M EILRACH. NOT YOU.”

“EXCUSE ME? I AM EILRACH. THIS IS MY BODY, SO IT’S ME. BYE BYE.”

“I’M GETTING SICK OF YOUR CRAP,” One half growled as Pakari tried to stand and fell to the floor again. Zero had prepared to rush the corpse again but a small motion of your hand convinced him to wait. “HOW CAN YOU BE EILRACH IF I’M EILRACH? IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU’RE JUST JEALOUS OF HOW MUCH OF EILRACH I AM.”

“LISTEN TO ME RIGHT NOW.” The other half hissed. “THIS BODY IS CURSED FROM BEYOND TIME TO BE INHABITED BY THE SPIRIT OF EILRACH, CORRECT?”

“DON’T LECTURE ME, FOOL.”

“IF I’M NOT EILRACH HOW AM I TAKING UP SPACE IN THIS BODY?”

The first half rubbed his perfectly split chin. “DANG, THAT’S A GOOD ARGUMENT. BUT I AM ALSO TAKING UP SPACE HERE. SO WE MUST BOTH BE EILRACH?”

“NAH, THAT CAN’T BE RIGHT. I’M EILRACH ONE AND YOU’RE EILRACH TWO.”

“HEY! HOW COME YOU GET TO DECIDE THE NUMBER SCHEME HERE?”

“BECAUSE I’M EILRACH.” One shoulder shrugged. “SO I GET TO MAKE THE RULES.”

“NOW I KNOW YOU’RE FULL OF CRAP. I’M EILRACH AND I MAKE THE RULES, SO I GET TO BE EILRACH ONE.”

“What if you’re both equally Eilrach?” You offered.

“NO!!” Both Eilrachs shouted, telekinetically throwing you through another couple of walls into what appeared to be the laundry room. “I AM EILRACH!!”

“WAIT.”

“You’re proving my-” Good gracious, your shoulder hurt. “-point.” You pulled yourself out of the washing machine you had completely destroyed. “Zero!”

Eilrach was, as there might have been rumor of earlier on, an eleven foot tall skeleton man with enough physical strength to knock you through a ceiling and rearrange gas pipelines. So something of a small challenge for Zero to deal with. You could hear the sounds of ribs cracking and bone clicking against metal as you slowly lurched out of the room. Pakari with his considerably less durable body was struggling to stand after being thrown into one wall, while you had been tossed through two walls and a ceiling in the last five minutes. Wild was buzzing furiously around Pakari, as if desperately desiring to go slam his tiny face into Eilrach as if it would do any good.

Garbling out incomprehensible words, Eilrach lashed out with his telekinetic power, sending the service elevator plummeting and ripping some of the larger machinery out of the factory floor and towards the room. Pakari dropped and Winger broke into a mad dash, but Zero was too busy fighting the eleven foot tall skeleton man and you were too busy blindly staring at the incoming thirty foot long and six foot thick solid metal shaft to do anything except eat the impact.

I wonder what a concussion feels like.

13 Likes

YES! YES! THIS IS WHAT I WANTED!

4 Likes

Genius solution regarding Eilrach!

3 Likes

mm

yes

Actually laughed out loud there.

4 Likes

Don’t mind me I’m just a random coat that says I survived chernobyl in the middle of a nuclear power plant. /s

4 Likes

My what a clever writer you are @Ghid. I never would have thought of splitting eilrachs skull to get two skeletons

4 Likes

true genius!

3 Likes

somehow this hasnt notified me at all about updates. thats…
annoying.
I dont currently have time to catch up from chapter TWO, but I will do that this week hopefully

4 Likes

ok wow

I’m not sure if I should be happy that now you’ve got a good amount of it to read or upset that you were behind all this time

2 Likes

just make sure it’s set to Tracking and you should be fine.

2 Likes

I skimmed some of it, and it looks interesting, so I will keep up (as long as notifications work the way they should)

EDIT: @Winger I thought I had it on tracking, but I either didnt actually do that, or it just didnt work. either way I put it to watching so I get notifications pushed to email as well

1 Like

Easy solution, I’ll just ping you for every chapter this will not get annoying

Oop hang on I need to ping you for chapters 2-11 one sec

@wild_toa
@wild_toa
@wild_toa
@wild_toa
@wild_toa
@wild_toa
@wild_toa
@wild_toa
@wild_toa
@wild_toa

7 Likes

I mean, I guess that works?

I am joking I’m not gonna ping someone routinely every five days or however often I write these that’d just be rude

4 Likes

Hence why you’d do it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes