The Book of Tears | ARMAGHIDDON

I cannot confirm or d-

yes.

3 Likes

new theory: the BoL universe was made by the government or something to trap ghid’s mind

unfortunately they took out almost everything except for the 60s sitcom dad part of ghid so he still functions

4 Likes

has nekidax appeared yet

2 Likes

read the book burnet

5 Likes

ah, a new chapter hath appeared.
Very interesting to see ghid make his return, but also

I come back

1 Like

Ch 15

Chapter 16

Who’s Al Bowlly?” Cordax whispered to me.

“This would be better alone,” Ghid snapped his fingers while he began to turn away, but then looked back in surprise. “Oh. Ohhh, oh right. I suppose that makes sense.”

He walked across the room, his regal cape flowing behind him, while Diero glanced at me before standing upright, clearly thinking of a plan of some kind. I stooped down and began scraping my finger across the carpet in illegible fashion. Cordax felt about his neck, which seemed to indicate that he had perceived Ghid, in spite of his high collar, did not actually have one, his head floating in position. It turned back as he obtained a glass from a shelf that, much like the rest of the room, screamed art deco.

“Cider, anyone?”

Pakari tapped his fingers against his leg. “Um, sir, what was that snap abou-”

“I placed suggestion devices inside your brains along with the entire police force so you would be more willing to enforce my rule when I came to power and stop dissidents in a divided democracy from protesting the rule of a monarch, which work in proximity to me.” Ghid responded, pouring apple cider in several glasses and somehow carrying them all back over. “Your resurrection at the factory seems to have ignored their placement entirely. Is it still there, or was it completely discarded? Well, it’s a moot point,” He continued towards the other end of the room while Pakari stood speechless with his hand raised in protest, trying to come to terms with the information dumped upon him. “I hope you don’t mind it being cold, hot cider irritates me.”

I looked to see if anyone was going to approach, and seeing as no one felt like moving, I pressed forwards while Diero bit the carpet, roared, and stepped into the elevator for a moment. No one seemed too distracted by the sound of breaking glass as I approached Ghid’s blazing fireplace, which two armchairs were angled in front of. He sat down in one of them, placing the majority of the glasses on a table in between, and looked back towards the door.

“Winger.” The command was simple, and after some hesitation Winger obliged, approaching the seat and only entering it after repeated gesturing from Ghid to do so. The rest of the party crowded around behind, for ease of listening, or to get the drop on Ghid, or just because they didn’t want to leave Winger alone.

“I’ve thought about how lonely it must have been for you to hide in this wicked world all alone.” Ghid pushed one of the two remaining glasses in his hands towards Winger, who did not accept it. “So I decided you wouldn’t have to be.”

“You could have come visiting.” Winger protested awkwardly.

There was a pause. “I wanted to, but being Volume-”

“No it didn’t.” Winger cut him off, standing up and looking into the fire. “How many years have you been holed up here, with such impressive technologies at your reach, unable to send a message or slip away, even if just for a moment? Dad, you run the whole city, did you not stop and think for a moment that perhaps you- just a terrible, horrible person? Huh?”

There was no response. “It’s not like you were pulled away by anything tangible, you just hide up here and comment every couple of months on stuff. I bet you haven’t even left this precious room of yours since- and you kill people! You killed people in front of me!”

“That was a robot-”

“Oh, and that excuses everyone who died in front of you when you could have done something?” Winger turned from the fire, the blazing embers now nestled in his eyes. “You literally ate a guy in front of me!”

“I never claimed I was a saint, son-”

“Darn right.” Winger tossed the glass into the blaze. “We all came here to defeat you or whatever these idiot’s plan is, and short of killing you I don’t care what happens to you. Gosh, you were here this whole time! The WHOLE time I could’ve just-”

He turned away, his hands tensed with anger. “So now what? Are you going to fight us? Hurt more people? Heck, eat more garbage out of a dumpster? Because I don’t-”

I looked at Ghid as he lunged across the room, gripping his son by the back of the neck. My eyes were cold, but in my mind was a growing anger. I had tried to extend one more act of kindness - set myself up for abandoning my entire plan in favor of my son knowing the truth. But now… There was no going back now.

That’s right, son.” Ghid’s head crept around Winger’s shoulder as his son tensed. “You don’t get to participate in your dad’s business. Be a good little boy and keep to yourself for a while.

Winger was shoved towards the opposite wall, and Diero growled into a roar, leaping at Ghid and starting in flabbergasted amazement as the fist he sent towards Ghid was caught and held at bay. “There are some advantages to being mechanical,” Ghid mused, gripping Diero by the throat and letting the cape fall to the ground as he bent the cowboy over backwards. “But I must say my favorite benefit is being able to deal with you.

Ghid looked back at the party. “Well, come on. I won’t wait all day, after all.” Slinging Diero behind him, he stalked menacingly forwards, prompting Pakari to draw two knives and rush towards his side while Bird picked up one of the chair and approached from the opposite end. Ghid gripped both of Pakari’s hands as he attempted to shank him and used him as leverage to kick towards Bird, who blocked the attack with the chair. The points of his feet stabbed through the chair and nearly into Bird’s functioning eye.

Kicking the chair away, Ghid’s heels were caught in Bird’s impressive grip, and the giant was used as leverage to sling Pakari over himself and into Bird’s face. Quickly standing, Ghid’s head spun to avoid Diero, who had climbed out of the cabinet he had been thrown into, trying to grab his cranium. He ducked down and slammed his shoulder into the deadsperado’s stomach, buckling him before flipping him forward and onto the Bird-Pakari pile.

“C’mon, Racie, Cordax, let’s make this interesting.” He rose to full height and flexed his hands. Racie screamed and doubled back into the corner while Cordax gripped my sleeve to pull me aside, but I swiped at his hand.

“Don’t tell me you’re afraid now, not when it all matters.” I hissed at him, but Cordax went into the other corner all the same. Ghid rubbed his smooth chin as the pile started recovering. “Dear me, a choice! Shorty, shorty, or not-so-shorty. Now which do I pick…”

Gripping the underside of Diero’s jaw as he approached, he used him as a skull boxing glove to clock Wild, who had just begun to stand. Pakari dove and gripped around his waist, picking him up and trying to suplex him, but Ghid dug his pointed feet into the ceiling and instead suplexed Pakari into the top of the room, smashing a hole in it with the officer’s head.

“I always wanted a chandelier.” Ghid mused as he walked across the ceiling, stabbing holes in it repeatedly to keep from falling. “However, I doubt many of your friends would agree on your position.” Pakari’s hands slammed into the ceiling in a vain attempt to free himself. “Now, shall we get this on? My feet are getting tired.”

Cordax emerged from the corner, holding a book in one hand and the knife in the other. I jumped a good four feet when I saw it, and Ghid fell off the ceiling, quickly righting himself with a scared glow in his sockets. “The- You shouldn’t be looking through people’s stuff, Cordax. It’s impolite.”

“Sorry,” Cordax turned to put it back, and then stopped. “The heck am I doing? You’re Ghid. I don’t need tghlk”

“You don’t need to read that.” Ghid, who had vaulted the length of the room and was now pinning Cordax’s throat against the wall, threw the book towards the elevator, shattering the glass and sending it plummeting towards the city below.

…Until Diero made a mad dash for the book and caught it, falling out of the tower and down towards the city below. “NO!” Ghid cried, rushing to the elevator and watching him fall. I found I too had rushed halfway across the room, but quickly I shoved my hands in my pockets and feigned unamusement.

“That was my deadsperado, Ghid.” I grumbled. “Forget your stupid book and worry about what we’re going to do to you for that.”

“But Tott!” Cordax wailed, running up just in time for me to slam my finger over his mouth. “Shush. Now we have two options here. I and my crew can throw you off this tower and watch your mechanical organs splatter all over the ground, or you can surrender the city of music and get the heck out.”

“I care only about my son.” Ghid straightened his collar. “You will try what you desire, but in the end-”

Ghid suddenly recoiled, clutching his stomach in pain. I followed suit, entering the fetal position as I collapsed onto my side. Bird, who had ripped a large portion of the ceiling out to free Pakari, looked between Ghid and myself as I tried to stand and collapsed again. “What’s happening here? Are you two twins or something?”

“It’s-” I tried to respond, but cried out in pain and retracted even further. Ghid had stood and tried to walk forward, but collapsed onto his hands and knees. “It’s no good. It’s no use. I can’t push him away. I can’t hold him back any more. It’s all coming to an end.”

Winger had slowly moved towards Ghid and stood, unsure of what to do or whether or not to care. Ghid tried to look at him, but was brought to the floor by another attack, which caused his eyes to flicker. I screamed for a very brief moment, thoroughly startled, and began sliding back towards the wall. Cordax looked at me in the utmost confusion as I did so, but I suddenly gripped the knife and ripped it from his fingers.

“No. NO!” I threw the knife from myself, but Ghid caught it and plunged it violently into his chest. Winger threw his arms around Ghid to keep him from falling again, and Ghid, fighting against his own body, tore the air with his fingertips. “I can’t-!” I cried, clutching as much of my entire body at once as I could. “He’s coming through!”

The air next to the tower ripped itself in a violent fashion, a bright light shining through the seams as from the incision floated a massive clipper ship.

Ch 17

4 Likes

Long and choppy and a pain to read.
but, it’s here now. Two chapters in one day! I hope to never repeat that.

read the book burnet

return?

1 Like

I really need to reread this

considering I read all of BoD in 1.5 days this shouldn’t be too hard

3 Likes
2 Likes

ah, another one. That book part was interesting

is it someone to trust?

1 Like

no

1 Like

then don’t expect to be told when you make an appearance

if you don’t care about the book why’d you sign up

for interior decorating heck yeah
man knows how to install a chandelier in record time

3 Likes

Based

Raven beak moment. I expect Cordax will suddenly gain some new ability that will allow him to slap ghid so hard across his jaw he will instantly die.

Eh, close enough.

5 Likes

The tower farded

3 Likes

he better be ready for when I am absorbed by the corpse of the guy from the alleyway fight and move extremely slowly in his general direction

4 Likes

Where’s chapter 17? I thought you were gonna do three chapters in one day.

1 Like

Burnet is a man after my own heart

1 Like

My favourite part of the book was when The Ultimate Bo_ Theoriser said “it’s theorisin’ time” and theorised all over the place

Theorisin’ time
  • Regarding the BoL “simulation”, the way it’s connected to Dreamers, and the whereabouts of Renner

In order to explain this theory I need to go through some points (please tell me if I got any of them wrong):

1. we were never told what exactly the BoL “simulation” was (I think everyone just assumed that was a matrix-like computer simulation, but it was never confirmed in any of the books, if I remember correctly)

2. Renner entered the same kind of simulation and became Tomorrow after he was swallowed by the Dreamer Ghid at the end of BoD.
    I always assumed that Ghid just bit off his head and left the rest of his body lying on the battlefield, so I never even consider Renner as a candidate for Tomorrow’s true identity, but now I can see all the hints to that starting with the last chapter of BoD

3. the book Cordax took from Volume might have a connection to Yuo and Tomorrow’s simulations

4. both Dreamers and these “simulations” have a strong connection to people’s wishes, or rather, dreams in written form (you have to feed a Dreamer a piece of paper with your wish written on it and it will literally make it come true, and everything a “Simulation” protagonist, such as Yuo and Tom, wishes, will be written down on paper by their Chronicler and come true as well)

So, my theory is: Yuo and Tom’s stories did not take place on any kind of computer simulation, they took place in some kind of “dream world” that can only be accessed through Dreamers, where every desire you write will come true. In Yuo’s and Tom’s cases, they entered this “realm” through a Ghid Dreamer, meaning that he had full control over the dimension and their actions, until Tomorrow broke free from Ghid’s will. I know this sounds crazy, but considering the similarities between the abilities of Dreamers and the laws of the “Simulation” worlds, I reckon there might be some truthfulness in my theory. Also, I think that the book from Volume’s room that he was so scared about was actually Yuo’s story (aka BoL) that Chronicler wrote down, which would mean that Volume is the Ghid controlling the Ghid Dreamers from BoD and, therefore, the Ghid in charge of Yuo and Tom’s/Renner’s simulations.

That would also explain how the Ghid Dreamer from BoR got access to Chronicler’s arm that he attached to Monopoly’s body

Keeping my theory in mind, I think that Volume got harmed because Renner broke free from Ghid’s influence in the “Dream world”. There’s also a possibility that this happened because Diero destroyed the book that Volume had thrown out the window, I’m not quite sure yet. I assume, we will find out in the next chapter.

• In the Multiverse of Ghidness

This is less of a theory and more of my smooth brain trying to comprehend the insanely complex Ghid lore.
First, let’s go through the full list of Ghids:

1. countless Ghid Dreamer fakes from BoD, including the Ghid dreamer from BoR
  2. Ghid from BoL
  3. Ghid from Tomorrow’s world (presumably, the same as the number 2)
  4. Tott
  5. Lord Ghidlius from Eilrach’s flashback
  6. Volume

I’m not sure which of these are the same, but this is my guess: #1, #2, #3 and #6 are the same entity and #4 and #5 are the same as well, but it raises some questions: if #4 and #5 are the same, then why did Tott need to see Eilrach’s flashback to remember his past deeds? Why did Ghid (Volume) send Bird and Pakari’s parties to investigate the cider factory, something that he owns in the BoR? Is the city of music situated outside or inside the dark dome from the BoD? And many more… I think if I read all of these books back to back, I wouldn’t have any of these questions, but unfortunately I don’t have that privilege… so, could you please remind me about some Ghid-related details from the previous books that I might have forgotten?

One more thing, somewhere in this book Tott said that he wanted to end Ghid’s (his own) reign over this world so that someone else could rule it. The quote was somewhere in the first half of the book, but I can’t seem to find it… it’s very annoying. I hope it’s real and my sleep deprived brain didn’t just make this up. Could you please save me from this pain?

This entire situation confuses the hell out of me, I need answers and I feel frustrated

• Obama

This is the description of Wilhelmus the Lesser:

and this is the base of Willess12’s pfp:

Which means that this is what Wilhelmus looks like:

(Please confirm or deny this allegation, because I need that for potential drawings)

As opposed to “several of the chair”

9 Likes

you’ve thought about this for too long

5 Likes

-Better late than early (Sun Tzu, The Art of War)

9 Likes